Cooden Meet 2018. (Yep, it's early but I don't care!!)..........................

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Young Smiffy,

Thanks for organising another quality day at a cracking course. Thanks to my playing partners for putting up with some good stuff and loads of crap from my game.

Look forward to next year. 😁😁

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Scores on the doors please?

Highs and lows? Glories and tragedies? Pathos and comedy?
In other words a bit of detail on the day's events please. :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Scores on the doors please?

Highs and lows? Glories and tragedies? Pathos and comedy?
In other words a bit of detail on the day's events please. :)

What goes on on tour stays on tour 😉

Good to see some new forumites.

Thanks Smiffy, great day as always, get it booked for next year but with a decent gap away from Forest Pines 👍

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Woken up with terrible feeling of nauseousness.

Anyone else????
:mad:

I don’t feel too clever, sat on end of bed drinking a sweet tea, think it’s sun stroke 😟

I was struggling the last half of the 2nd round, even after an extended stay in the toilet 😜

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don’t feel too clever, sat on end of bed drinking a sweet tea, think it’s sun stroke 

I was struggling the last half of the 2nd round, even after an extended stay in the toilet 

I woke up about 1.30-2.00 feeling I was going to oink up.
Still feel a bit "gutsy".
Hope it wasn't the bbq
:mad:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Only feeling dog tired after so much golf in the last couple of weeks Rob, certainly not sick.

Enjoyed the day with Blue in Munich, Paperboy and Swing alot and seeing old and new forum members.

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
Ditto what everyone says,

Another great day out, superb weather and as always THE BEST society day of the year. Well organised, great course, very welcoming staff, great value, good company etc.

Rob, please organise again and remember Guy, Robin and I are definite attendees.

Cheers again......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ditto what everyone says,

Another great day out, superb weather and as always THE BEST society day of the year. Well organised, great course, very welcoming staff, great value, good company etc.

Rob, please organise again and remember Guy, Robin and I are definite attendees.

Cheers again......

Good to see you, Robin, Guy and the other tosspot win the team competition Dave

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for organising Smiffy, cracking course and great day.
Nice to put some faces to some of the forum names.
Thanks to Guy,Martin and Steve for your company over the day.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would like to thank Smiffy for organising and my playing partners for the day [Fish,Full throttle and Golfmad] ,the course was in great condition and the greens were nice and smooth with the ball holding a line and not bouncing about when putting.
my game was on show as most if not all of it was used ,the good slightly outweighing the bad.the morning round being the team event was as always great fun and i was really enjoying it until the last hole where a vicious socket rocket by Rob [full throttle] hit me on the foot breaking my big toe .and yes it bloody hurt like hell .
being the soldier that i am i played the afternoon and managed to hit a few more gooduns as opposed to baduns scoring a reasonable 32pts, ,unfortunately it gave me a fair bit of pain when i took my golf shoe off and couldnt stay for the bbq ,a trip to A&E ensued where the broken toe verdict was given. not that they did anything for me ,just take a couple of pain killers .
All in all a great days golf with new and old aquaintances made ,the weather was glorious and the company even better . Thanks Rob for a great day ,put me in for next year.:thup:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Smiffy, your a leg end,

another day with great company on a well present golf course. £4 won from side bets now safely in the Guide Dogs for the Blind charity tin.

thanks to Norrin Radd, Golfmad and Fish for your company, apologies for my golf, some good and some not so

the staff couldn't have bee more welcoming and I enjoyed the BBQ too much, I only had room for a small slice of triple chocolate cake

Finally apologies to Norrin for the shank that resulted in his injury.

despite the distance if the dates fit both myself and Lurch will be back

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just to reiterate what everyone else has said. Was a great day out, thanks to all involved.

Played ok in the morning, but it went all to pot in the afternoon... but all that really matters is my drive and pitching wedge to 6’ on the par 5 18th! :p
...of course I missed the putt! :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks Smiffy, great day as always, get it booked for next year but with a decent gap away from Forest Pines 

I'll be looking to book at a later date next year Robin.
After what happened last year with me missing out on Forest Pines at the last minute, I had to make sure I booked a weeks holiday this year, so it kinda "worked" for me but can understand your sentiments, and appreciate the travelling around you, (and others), had to do to make both meets.
I'll be in touch with Cooden over the course of the next week and will be aiming at late July or early August if possible. With Forest Pines being the end of June there will be enough "separation" but as I say, point taken mate

lurch

Visit site
Great day of golf once again, thanks for organising the weather sun and breeze. Good lunch and great barbeque as other only left room for 1 slice of cake. Almost recovered from sun burn to legs.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
All booked for Friday 19th July.
That's nearly a three week gap from Forest Pines Robin, hope that's okay???
;)

In the diary and sent email to my guest house :thup:

I'm not drinking next time, I played a blinder when I got back in a comp winning £75 for coming 4th in a full field on a course not played before.

I'm going to start training now for Cooden 2019 :whistle: