Cooden meet.......Thursday 25th August 2016

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
glad the weather held off for you boys ,it turned up later than forecast ,we had thunderstorms last night.
sounds like i need to get my h/cap put up big time if i am going to compete next year . 44pts ,is very much bandido country ,well played .
and what a nice touch from Rob with the ribbons ,top man .

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
We'll see how he copes next year off 18....
;)

Bring it on Rob! :)

Just to add to what everybody else has said, a great day as usual with fantastic weather, well organised by the Maestro himself, Smiffy, thanks Rob. The black ribbons in memory of Rick was a fine gesture too.

Thanks to my playing partners Steve (PuttputtSteve) and good friend Ian for putting up with my shed load of points, but I did putt really well, probably the best ever!
Was good to meet you Steve and to watch your driving with that lovely draw.

It was good to meet up with familiar faces and to meet a few new forummers. Come on guys, reading this, get yer names down!

I see next years thread is up already so I'm off to put my name down.

:thup:

D

Deleted member 21258

Got home yesterday at just after midnight, great run home.

Wow after attending Wolburn and me scoring 11 points and Adam scoring 7points, what a different day yesterday was for us, I scored 37 points(think I had a 2over back nine) and Adam scored 43 points.
First time this year I have played under my handicap.

Adam was buzzing on the way home, best two scoring rounds he has done on a proper day, flipping bandit, his handicap has been going up this year apart from one comp. He has entered alot of comps and apart from one, has been getting pluses each time!! Just came together for him yesterday and the glorious weather/conditions just help.

And he scored mental and played great, thankfully he didn’t realise what went on.:smirk: Glad to donate our winnings to Rick charity.

What great conditions.

Big thanks to Smiffy for doing the day.

Thanks to our partner Nrose, aka MISTER 4 POINTER! (4 of them in the afternoon!) for the company and banter, it was a pleasure. I think Nick said he scored 45 points in the afternoon. Thanks again nick :thup: stick with those woods.

Also I would like to give a very special mention to FullThrottle who made us feel really welcome and relaxed, thank you again you are astar.

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey there are some big scores going on there ! Hope you will adjust the HC for next year Sniffy ;)

Glad you had the weather which makes it all a good day :thup:

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well played to the winners and runners up - some good scores there round a tricky course.

Was disappointed that my holiday co-incided with Smiffy's meet as had a great round there with Rob and JustOne earlier in the year. No doubt the course was in great nick and glad the sun shone.

Well done Rob, your efforts sounded like a great day was had by all.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Huge thanks to Rob for yet another perfectly organised meet at Cooden, I love the course and Bexhill on Sea , well I must otherwise I wouldn't take 3 days out to come down and play every year, and one day I might just get the better of it, although I was pleased with my 18 points on the back 9 in the morning after a miserable 11 with 4 blobs on the front, I just didn't come out the traps well.

Nice to see some new (young) faces and the usual old ones, which just looked a bit older!

Congratulations to the winners, some excellent scoring throughout the day both in the morning & afternoon.

Thanks to Rob (Full-Throttle) and his guest for the company.

Thank you for the donation (£100) to Rick's charity from some of the winnings guys, I will hand it over at the clubhouse after the funeral and it will go to the Air Ambulance & Harefield Hospital.

33.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

D

Deleted member 16999

Great pictures Robin, course looks good, not too sure about some of them legs on show. Smiffy those ribbons are a superb touch, great tribute.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Home safe after two great days of golf.

Thanks to Sniffy for his organisation, to Fish and Ian for their company on the course, my shoulders are feeling a little better today....;) and as always the bar and catering staff and Cooden Beach GC.

40 points for me in the singles, and after counting the card for the team event I contributed 29 points, so a decent days golf for me.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
Well done rob and all that attended, looks like you all had a great day.

If possible Rob can you let us all know who gave their prize money and how much was raised.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well done rob and all that attended, looks like you all had a great day.

If possible Rob can you let us all know who gave their prize money and how much was raised.

It is stated in Smiffy's post who donated their winnings and that £100 was handed back to me and will be passed on at the funeral.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ever heard of Pancake.... as in "flat as a":ears::rofl:

Cooden could never be described as flat, you think you've got a nice short dogleg par 4 standing on the tee only to then see a green proudly sitting over 50ft high into the skyline in front of you, there's some very testing approach shots on a number of holes and quite a lot of the greens are raised by various proportions, some extreme and some just Upsidedown saucers but with large undulations on the edge of the fringes meaning if you missed the green marginally you could easily take a severe bounce to the nearby OOB's or leave a delicate chip back on.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Cooden could never be described as flat, you think you've got a nice short dogleg par 4 standing on the tee only to then see a green proudly sitting over 50ft high into the skyline in front of you, there's some very testing approach shots on a number of holes and quite a lot of the greens are raised by various proportions, some extreme and some just Upsidedown saucers but with large undulations on the edge of the fringes meaning if you missed the green marginally you could easily take a severe bounce to the nearby OOB's or leave a delicate chip back on.

Let him play Robin.
He's just a bit upset 'cos I took his championship course apart the one and only time I played it
;);):D:D

D

Deleted member 21258

Ever heard of Pancake.... as in "flat as a":ears::rofl:

I wouldn't quite call the course flat as a pancake, but it a fairly easily walking, when you walk 36 holes.

There is some change in height, but it is not hilly and on one of the par 3s you could see about 7 or 8 holes from the tee, and it looked lovely.

A lovely layout and on the day we played, the conditions were very dry fairways, wide fairways, first cut not overaly lush, soft watered greens(lovely), hot and non windy day. As a result it was playing fairly easy with all the par 5s are fairly short and for an average hitter like me, reachable with driver and a mid iron or my 9 wood. The long par 4s are playing short for the distance on the card.

That said if the day had been windy or softer conditions, it have played a lot different, and the scores a lot lower.

If you get the chance definitely play the course and hope the weather is nice.

Thanks again for the day, really enjoyed the course.

Last edited by a moderator:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Let him play Robin.
He's just a bit upset 'cos I took his championship course apart the one and only time I played it
;);):D:D

In winter off the short course with no rough;) what did you score anyway, its only a par 68 when you played that winter sss 65;)

anyway dear boy as i said before you are welcome to come and take it apart again, in fact if you score the 44 points you reckon i will pay for your flight:rofl:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In winter off the short course with no rough;) what did you score anyway, its only a par 68 when you played that winter sss 65;)

anyway dear boy as i said before you are welcome to come and take it apart again, in fact if you score the 44 points you reckon i will pay for your flight:rofl:

I wish my Carp bit as well as you Geezer
;)