Cooden meet.......Thursday 25th August 2016

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
subject to clear motorways I'll be there for just after 8, if you need anything doing regards cards or prize pot I'm available to help out

Thanks Rob. I'll be okay with the cards but if you could collect a tenner from everybody for the prize pot, that would be great.
Order of play below.... I have tried to accommodate late tee off requests, and have tended to put those not staying for the evening meal towards the back of the field so that those staying have plenty of time to shower/change afterwards.
Any queries, please ask...

9.30 & 2.30
SMIFFY
RAY TAYLOR
EWAN PORRITT

9.38 & 2.38
HERONSGHYLL
ROBIN
GUY

9.46 & 2.46
LEFTIE
DHAN
CHRIS

9.54 & 2.54
FISH
FULL THROTTLE
IAN HODGKINS

10.02 & 3.02
BLUE IN MUNICH
MIKE HARPER
PIEMAN

10.10 & 3.10
GOLFMMAD
IAN SMITH
PUTTPUTTSTEVE

10.18 & 3.18
PAPERBOY
VARDON11LDN
HOOPER

10.26 & 3.26
NJROSE
DARREN WILLIAMS
ADAM WILLIAMS

Just to confirm, it is individual stableford in the morning, team event in the afternoon.
The team event will be played as a stableford, with the best score of the three to count on holes 1-6, the two best scores of the three to count holes 7-12 and all three scores to count on the remaining 6 holes. Should be quite interesting!!
If we all put a tenner in the pot, this will give us a "prize fund" of £240.00.
Might I suggest prizes as thus...

Individual Stableford

1st £50.00
2nd £30.00
3rd £20.00

Team Event

1st £75.00
2nd £45.00

The "odd" £20.00 I'll try to organise a nearest the pin competition at the 3rd hole during the afternoon round.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21258

Don't mind bringing a few bottles of wine to donate for prizes, for any extra little comps you wish to run(like NP, NP2 or LD or hacker etc) during the day. If you do just let us know and will chuck them in the van tonight.

Thanks for the late tee off, that is perfect for us. Thanks again for organising the day, cant wait to hack up another course.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Don't mind bringing a few bottles of wine to donate for prizes, for any extra little comps you wish to run(like NP, NP2 or LD or hacker etc) during the day. If you do just let us know and will chuck them in the van tonight.

Very nice gesture Darren but really not necessary mate.
We always just have cash prizes it keeps it simple....
We don't normally have a NP prize, but I was stumped what to do with the odd twenty quid mate!!

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Thanks for the late tee off, that is perfect for us. Thanks again for organising the day, cant wait to hack up another course.

Look forward to hacking up the course with you and your son Darren!

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just seen this on the clubs web site Smiffy...

PLEASE NOTE Adders have been sighted on the course, please give them space to get out of your way. They are unlikely to strike unless disturbed.

Should make looking for wayward balls interesting! :mmm:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just seen this on the clubs web site Smiffy...

PLEASE NOTE Adders have been sighted on the course, please give them space to get out of your way. They are unlikely to strike unless disturbed.

Should make looking for wayward balls interesting! :mmm:
I dread to think what Preets legs are going to look like at the end of the day
:mad:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just a warning. It's scorching down here today. If it's like this tomorrow please make sure you drink plenty, wear a hat, and slap on some sunscreen.
It's nudging 28 and not a cloud in the sky.
:mad:

D

Deleted member 21258

I dread to think what Preets legs are going to look like at the end of the day

I'm coming in shorts as well, to hot for trousers for me, will get changed once we arrive out of trousers. Hopefully tailor shorts and white tennis socks(mid length, not knee length) are okay, appears to be according to the cooden website.

So we could be a right pair after 36 holes in the sun :rofl:

Nrose51, Yeah looking forward to it:thup: