Cooden meet.......Thursday 25th August 2016

D

Deleted member 1418

I'm aiming to be on the M25 before 6 so if traffic is good I'll be having a kip before my tee time!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There's no liquid left, I've drank it all 🍺🍺

All forecasts here state solid dry day, glorious sun between 24-27, that'll do nicely, no, who's round is it 🍷🍺😜

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
There's no liquid left, I've drank it all ����

All forecasts here state solid dry day, glorious sun between 24-27, that'll do nicely, no, who's round is it ������

If your like last year you should just be falling off your seat at the curry house ready for bed :whistle:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Lovely morning down here this morning.
Birds are singing in the garden and not a hint of breeze.
Little bit cooler too.
Should be a lovely, lovely day.
Going to be at the club around 8. Safe journeys everyone.
Rob

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just back from this, a fantastic day as ever. Thanks to Paul and Mike for their company for the golf, all the usual suspects and some new faces for their company over the beers and last but by no means least to Smiffy for organising the day, and actually remembering to book the weather this time……….. :whistle: :D Also have to mention the bows Smiffy provided in memory of Rick, a lovely gesture that was greatly appreciated. :thup:

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Many thanks to Smiffy for managing to squeeze me in at the very last minute for one of my annual "golfing" highlights. :thup: Great format too - I think you're on to a winner, Rob.:clap:

The sunshine was as ordered and the winds, light. The banditry was provided on cue too! :whistle:;) It's a shame there were so many who had to leave before the yummy dinner. Slurrrrrrp! :p
The RickG memorial ribbons were a nice touch and no doubt Fish will post the first tee pics soon.

Was great to see some new faces today and meet up with some regulars. Thanks to my playing companions/teammates, Paperboy and Hooper, for a very entertaining, educational day. I think we scored really well in the afternoon but it could have been soooo much better if I hadn't started spraying balls about. Looking forward to next time. :thup:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks to everybody for putting in the effort to make the meet, with special thanks to Darren and young Adam for making the trip all the way down from Shropshire, leaving home at 3.30am!!
Possibly one of the best Cooden meets ever, the weather was absolutely fantastic, and as Preet mentions above, very little wind, which is always a bonus around there.
The course was in very good condition, despite the lack of rain we have had down here.
There were some very good scores in, and the results are as follows...

Individual Stableford
1st. 44 points Golfmmad. Well done Chris, another brilliant round. You must be getting to like Cooden!!
2nd. 43 points. Adam Williams. Superb scoring by the youngster on his 1st visit to the course.
3rd. 40 points (counting out Fullthrottle) Mike Harper.

Team Event
1st. 91 points. Darren Williams, Adam Wiliams, NJRose. Adam scoring a second successive 43 points individually and all 3 of them birdied the 18th!!
2nd. 86 points. Ray Taylor, Ewan Porritt and yours truly.

Nearest the Pin (16th)
LIG

It was great to sit outside in the sunshine after the days play and enjoy a nice cold drink, and a glass was raised to "absent friends"
As a side note, Golfmmad, Darren and Adam kindly donated their winnings to Ricks charity, and this was passed on to Robin (Fish) to hand over as I understand he is attending the funeral on Monday 5th Sept.

All in all a fantastic day, and it will be repeated next year. I will let you know the date as soon as I have confirmed with the club.
Thanks
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Morning folks, was too tired when I got home last night to post.

Firstly thanks to Rob, for organizing another cracking day and getting the weather right for us all :D

Then to my suffering playing partners Matt (Hooper) and Preet (LIG) for having to watch me hit hybrid after hybrid after hybrid around the course.
Had a measly 26 points in the grand scheme of things, but considering the way I've been playing I'll take that.

Even If I can't play proper golf will be back next year :D

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
Rob,

Everyone who has posted today - including you - have said it all. Great day, great course, great banter, great food, great weather, great respect shown for Rick - just an awesome day.

I'm already looking forward to next year...😎

Hooper

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks Rob for including me at the last minute. What a great day all round and a very fitting toast to Rick afterwards.
Thanks to Paperboy and LIG for their company. The team event was a great idea as it kept you going until the end. I am feeling a bit frazzled this morning from the sun but not complaining.
Great day, great company, great location, average golf :) See you all soon.

PuttPuttSteve

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Rob - Just like to add my thanks for a great day. It was the first time I'd played Cooden Beach, but hopefully it won't be the last. Really impressed with the course and its condition; and you did an amazing job in organising the weather! :cool:

Thanks too to Chris and Ian for making the day enjoyable and putting up with my erratic golf - and congrats to Chris (aka 'El Bandido') on winning the morning's stableford with an enviable round.

Hopefully I'll see you all next year.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry I missed the meet this year especially after the weather last year, dates didn't work for me ( fishing north of Orkney at the moment) sounds a great day had by all.

44points wow well done Chris.