Cooden meet.......Thursday 25th August 2016

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just getting names together for next years Cooden meet......................
Unfortunately the 2016 diary has filled up really quickly and the "traditional" Friday was not available, so will have to hold next years meet on a Thursday.
Hope this doesn't put too many of you off.

Cost of the day has been pegged again at £70.00 and will consist of

Coffee & bacon roll on arrival
18 hole team competition (am)
Ham, egg & chip lunch
18 hole individual Stableford (pm)
2 course evening meal

As far as the team competition is concerned, I thought we could try something a little different next year in place of the usual "blind team" event.
Whilst this in the past has been quite amusing, it often penalised somebody for having a particularly good round, which always seemed a little unfair to me.
What I intend to do next year with the team event (teams of 3) is have one score (the best of the 3) count on holes 1-6, two scores (the best 2 of the 3) count on holes 7-12 and all three scores to count on the closing 6 holes.
I played this format during the Cooden Open week this year and it really did pile the pressure on on the closing few holes and was great fun.
No deposit will be required, just confirmation at this stage that you'd like to attend.
1st tee is booked from 9.30am and unfortunately jacket and tie will be required (as usual) for the evening meal.
Any other questions, please ask.
Rob

D

Deleted member 1418

Put me down mate; summer holiday dates permitting!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Put me down also and no probs giving you a lift Paul :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As always I'll be down the day before so I can get an early and good nights sleep alcohol and curry free 😂😂😂

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
1. Smiffy
2. Leftie
3. Dhan
4. Chris
5. Paperboy
6. Chrisd
7. Dando
8. Swanny32
9. Pieman