Cooden Meet 2017. Friday June 16th....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I expect it was quite bumpy in this breeze Robin.....
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

It was as smooth as the Harveys is going down 🍺🍺

Stay away from that bloody A21 though, took me 40 minutes to get through that road works
Were the island and overpass is going on.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That will be Tunbridge Wells Robin.
I could have warned you about that if you'd asked....

It's been like that for a couple of years tbh but not that bad. Single lane to the island until the overpas is finished. Will be good when finished.

Anyway, got to get back to me 🍺🍺🍺

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
"The wind in the wires made a tattle-tale sound,
And the waves broke over the railings…"

Sounds like it's picking up a bit, could be interesting tomorrow.

Safe journey all, see you in the morning.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Beautiful morning down here. Clear blue skies and a very light winds. Couldn't even call it a breeze.
I sense some high scores coming in today (with the exception of JustOne)
Safe journeys everyone.
Rob

D

Deleted member 21258

Hope it is a cracking day, and sounds like the weather is as nice as last year.

Have a good day, jealous sitting here working:thup:

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Big thank you to Smiffy for all his work in organising this great event. He even managed to get the weather right.

Another big thank you to Dhan and Roger for putting up with me for 36 holes. We decided the team event should have been a Scramble we might have stood a chance :p

I'd rather not talk about the morning round. Played steady in the afternoon which was pleasing. Already looking forward too next year.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Huge thanks again to Smiffy for organising yet another great day at Cooden. Even got the weather spot on.

Cheers mate :cheers:

Congratulations to all those who came in with a better score than me. :D And thanks to Dhan and Simon for your company on the course.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just back in. Thanks to Smiffy for the usual smooth organisation, Midnight & TXL for their company & ball spotting ability and everyone for the catch-up, good wishes for Mrs. BiM & the banter. Must do it again soon; anybody free next weekend? :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks to all that came down. Fantastic day weatherwise, and the course was in superb condition.
I didn't figure in the prizes myself but well chuffed with the way I played, bearing in mind my lack of regular participation.
38 points in the morning, 34 in the afternoon.
I'll take that!
Rob

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a cracking day, loved the course, weather was amazing. Great to catch up with everyone. Really good to see that Justone is enjoying life (get that meet organised).
Played with 2 people who I know but had not had the pleasure of there company on the course at a meet before. So thank you Blue in Munich and TXL for the banter and making both rounds fun and enjoyable.

Finally young Smiffy, thank you once again for sorting out a great meet. Look forward to next year.

D

Deleted member 1418

Well done to Smiffy for another great Cooden meet.

Thanks to Ewan and James for their company - very enjoyable couple of rounds. Just a shame James isn't more of a team player otherwise we'd have challenged the team award - such a selfish golfer.......!! 😉😂😂😂

Looking forward to the next one.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The usual 'made to look easy, but it really isnt' organisation by young Smiffy made for a fantastic day in great weather - cheers mate!

Great last minute decision to use a buggy, I'm not sure 36 holes is doable by me walking any more and £16 for the day was extremely reasonable.

We came 2nd in the morning team event - if only my partners had tried a little harder :D:D:D

Thanks to Golfmmad (Chris) and Norrin Radd (Bill) for a most enjoyable day - well until lunchtime really, when I found out they were both Brighton supporters, strange cos the both look normal!

Golfmmad put in a really strong back 9 in the afternoon when the breeze got up but he was steady Eddie and when Norrin stops being a drain on NHS resources he'll soon be back to a lower handicap and I played Crap!

Well done Swingalot for doing as predicted - hanging around just long enough to collect the prize money! Great to see everyone again and especially some new faces

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thanks Smiffy, my favourite trip of the year and well worth doing the 400 mile trip for.

Thanks to my partners Charlie (Hooker) & Chris (AnoutherDouble), we destroyed the opposition in the morning team event as only we know how 😜👍

Couldn't quite get going again after a rushed lunch and getting back out in the blistering sunshine. Was very pleased with my 41 points in the AM but only 32 points in the PM as tiredness krept in and concentration suffered leading to a couple of 3 off the tees. Although getting a 6 on the par 5 18th with 3 off the tee was a little bit special 🏌️😎

Great to see all the usual suspects and we bloodied in a few sprogs as well which will hopefully return.

Think I'll be a buggy player next year 😜🏌️

Happy anniversary geezer and enjoy your bar-be-que tonight 👍

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Smiffy great piece of organisation despite the trials and tribulations Cooden tried to derail you with. Top man. My 2 companions all day were fellow blue Fish and Hooker. Great playing with you guys. Some standout moments in our soirée were the 240 3 wood 2nd shot into the middle of the green on a par 5 for the fish. Didn't quite see if it was a baby draw. The fish holing out for a 6 nett 5 having been 3 off the tee. Hookers par on a par 5, lay up lay up lay up full shot and putt. He then proceeded to slam dunk a wedge for a birdie 2. Then to top it all the immortal words from the Hooker "thanks fish for your advice this morning, it worked great". Great day guys. Here's to next year

Status
Not open for further replies.