Cooden Meet 2017. Friday June 16th....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day Smiffy,weather and playing companions were near perfect ,but one of them had a large disability of which i didnt find out until after i had bought him a drink at lunch time ,[hes a blinking eagles fan ,but not the ones that sing hotel california]i have now got a lot of explaining to do to my fellow SEAGULL fans, and you can bet it wont go down to well with them :p
the morning round was an absolute pleasure and the golf to be fair was pretty good as well from all three of us .we came second as a team beating our host on countback ,[sorry Rob]
the afternoon was a tad hurried as we didnt really have time to let the food settle before we were once again letting rip on the first tee.
alas for me a second round was a round too far and i was really feeling it with tiredness kicking in and struggling with my concentration so we wont delve into my pm score thankyou very much.
now who was it that said football is a game of two halves ,well it could well be said about one of my playing partners,who was more than adequate proof of this as he scored a very embarrassing 8 [eight] points on the front nine only to find inspiration from somewhere to shoot the lights out on the back nine with 24 points ,it was an exceptional nine holes played by an equally exceptional bloke ,take a bow GOFMADD.
as for the other bloke ,Chris D well it hurts to say it but he too is an exceptional chap and i think i can say that all three of us had a fantastic day with the organisation ,the weather ,and the course condition equally making it to the top level.
i will be looking forward to next year and meeting you all again . many thanks again Rob for a great fun day.

Last edited:

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who turned up for a lovely day and Rob especially for organising it.

With Fish captaining around in the morning I somehow shot 43 points with 6 pars and 2 birdies! Despite being unable to hit the driver properly. So Anotherdoubles description of lay up lay up lay up, was actually duff tee shot, hack out of rough, lay up, full shot and putt!

The afternoon round I had another 2 birdies for 2 2s and that was pretty much the highlight of that round!

Anotherdouble has a fantastic game and should be off single figures, but he managed to rack up 5 penalty points and along with fish they both manged to play my ball for 2 penalties each! Being blues fans I imagine they just get used to getting lucky/unlucky penalties :D

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another great day, thanks Rob for organising. Congratulations to swingalot for two great rounds of golf 39 for both rounds, some great saves and a pleasure to watch.

I only managed 30 points each round lost too many balls and racked up 7 n/r's in the two rounds. A couple of highlights, birdie on the 15th in the morning and a par to finish our last hole of the day.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Many thanks Smiffy for another great day at Cooden. Lovely course and always a good meet, so I would encourage others to make the trip in the future. Very relaxed day and everything seems to work. A good bunch of forumers old and new.

i was chuffed to play decent and thanks to my pp Full Throttle. Sorry to all that I had to shoot off pretty quick afterwards, but I had to get back.

Look forward to next year, thanks again Smiffy : :thup:

Ps. Great longest drive Dando, proper forum distance. My shoulder is still hurting from trying to beat it and failing badly!

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheers for the day Smiffy.

Good weather and company for the 2 rounds, Dando def showed forum distance is a real thing, in some cases.

highlight of day, holed an eagle on last hole from the fairway...sure a few guys saw it in the bar :cheers:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for organising a great day Smiffy.

it was good to see some familiar faces and some new ones.

Dasit and Lurch were great company for 36 holes.

personal highlights were several booming drives including a 345 yarder on the last to win the longest drive.

I also learnt that I still can't chip on a corse no matter how well it goes when I practice.

cant wait for next years meet!

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
I have to add my pennies worth - it's all been said in the previous posts but here goes-
A great day,
With great organisation,
A great course,
We had great weather,
It was a great price for buggies (well worth £16 for the day)
There was great camaraderie amongst the attendees
I thought the food was very good as usual, definitely worth staying for
and finally - PLEASE DO IT AGAIN?

Sincere thanks Rob

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As always Rob, thanks for organising a great day that ran like clockwork! Apart from some of the golf.

I've taken part in quite a few of these days and have to say that this year was the most enjoyable. I suppose it was probably the company - ChrisD (Chris), NorrinRadd, (Bill), guys, it was an absolute pleasure to play alongside you. The morning team event was great fun where we all gelled and played our part with a second place finish! Well played Fish and team with a great total of 91 points to our 83.
Congrats also to Swingalot, (Rupert) on the individual win with 39 points and to Dando with that impressive longest drive - beating Pieman and Justone!!

Bill, as Chris says, when you get back to full fitness you'll be a force to be reckoned with :fore:
And thanks for the kind compliments.

Chris, what can I say, even if you didn't play as you would have liked, you still had a smile on your face and even made us laugh with your quirky antics! :p Golf should be fun, and you certainly made it that way!

Here's looking forward to next year!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have been in touch with the Club regarding next year.
Have been given a choice of dates this time including one in July and a couple in August but due to the success of this years event tempted to stay with June again.
How does Friday 22nd sound?????
;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Have been in touch with the Club regarding next year.
Have been given a choice of dates this time including one in July and a couple in August but due to the success of this years event tempted to stay with June again.
How does Friday 22nd June sound?????
;)

In the diary :thup:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In the diary :thup:

Mine too.

I can make this one.

Should be good Rob - so long as there's buggies!

and of course Chris you will have plenty of time to get over your illness [re eagles fan]
I am looking forward to it already.

count me in!

All booked for the 22nd. Hopefully they will have time to sort a new barbecue out before then (I have asked!).
I will start a new thread at sometime but all of your above interest is noted and you will be duly added to the new list when it starts.
Rob

Fish

Banned
Visit site
All booked for the 22nd. Hopefully they will have time to sort a new barbecue out before then (I have asked!).
I will start a new thread at sometime but all of your above interest is noted and you will be duly added to the new list when it starts.
Rob

and....I don't think I can go another year without seeing the lovely Jade, so I want her on parade next year, no excuses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.