Thoughts on Old Farts v Whippersnappers Match 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I will be contacting Forest Pines over the course of the next few days to try to arrange next years meet.
Thinking about what happened this year with holidays (and I hope you don't think I'm being selfish here)......
I have arranged next years Cooden meet for Friday 22nd June.
I am thinking that if I make the Forest Pines meet Sunday 17th - Monday 18th June, it just means me booking the one week off work to fit both meets in.
I appreciate that a few of you who went to Forest Pines, (Fish, Leftie, BiM, Paperboy to name just a few), traditionally attend the Cooden meet too, so I was hoping that this wouldn't put you off?
I don't know how you feel about this, so would appreciate some input.
As I say, my only reason for suggesting this is to avoid a repetition of this years debacle, as to say I was cheesed off would be an understatement.
Thoughts?
Rob

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I will be contacting Forest Pines over the course of the next few days to try to arrange next years meet.
Thinking about what happened this year with holidays (and I hope you don't think I'm being selfish here)......
I have arranged next years Cooden meet for Friday 22nd June.
I am thinking that if I make the Forest Pines meet Sunday 17th - Monday 18th June, it just means me booking the one week off work to fit both meets in.
I appreciate that a few of you who went to Forest Pines, (Fish, Leftie, BiM, Paperboy to name just a few), traditionally attend the Cooden meet too, so I was hoping that this wouldn't put you off?
I don't know how you feel about this, so would appreciate some input.
As I say, my only reason for suggesting this is to avoid a repetition of this years debacle, as to say I was cheesed off would be an understatement.
Thoughts?
Rob

Not that I've been to either (yet). But from all the responses i saw. I'd say you have more than earned the choice to sort it in such a manor!

Just make sure you get a witness and a witness for your witness when you hand in your holiday request!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not that I've been to either (yet). But from all the responses i saw. I'd say you have more than earned the choice to sort it in such a manor!

Just make sure you get a witness and a witness for your witness when you hand in your holiday request!

Is absolutely the right answer. Smiffy, for the effort you put in organising these things you have no need to apologise for or be concerned about the dates and why you chose them, if that's what it needs to make sure you're at both then that's what happens, end of.

Single room for me please….. :thup:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Is absolutely the right answer. Smiffy, for the effort you put in organising these things you have no need to apologise for or be concerned about the dates and why you chose them, if that's what it needs to make sure you're at both then that's what happens, end of.

Single room for me please….. :thup:

Thanks for your vote of confidence Rich, it's much appreciated!
I have emailed FP this morning to find out if those dates are available, or alternatives if they are not.
I know it's a year away yet, but places like Forest Pines get booked up really quickly and I wanted to make sure we got in.
I remember trying to book up the Cooden meet last year, and only one date was available for the whole of the Summer months!
Will keep you posted and your room request is duly noted.
Again, thanks for stepping in as Captain this year, you can keep the job next year if you want! Our team lost during my captaincy!!
;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Thanks for your vote of confidence Rich, it's much appreciated!
I have emailed FP this morning to find out if those dates are available, or alternatives if they are not.
I know it's a year away yet, but places like Forest Pines get booked up really quickly and I wanted to make sure we got in.
I remember trying to book up the Cooden meet last year, and only one date was available for the whole of the Summer months!
Will keep you posted and your room request is duly noted.
Again, thanks for stepping in as Captain this year, you can keep the job next year if you want! Our team lost during my captaincy!!
;)

If you're accepting applications, can i go on a reserve list.

I recall asking last time and am aware is short straws. But just in case the youngsters need a hand......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If you're accepting applications, can i go on a reserve list.

I recall asking last time and am aware is short straws. But just in case the youngsters need a hand......

I'll certainly add you when I start a list.
Bearing in mind we had 32 the first time, this year 40, I might (might) look for 48 next year. Depends on the response.
;)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
You have a weird holiday list, if Madam can book long weekends why can't you?

The dates are fine for me, wondering if you will be able to get such a good deal for a Friday night as I would expect this to be more popular /expensive than a Sunday/ Monday.

Do what works for you Rob , it's your train set 👍

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You have a weird holiday list, if Madam can book long weekends why can't you?

The dates are fine for me, wondering if you will be able to get such a good deal for a Friday night as I would expect this to be more popular /expensive than a Sunday/ Monday.

Do what works for you Rob , it's your train set 

I've looked at that Phil, but the Friday night rate at Forest Pines is horrendous compared to the offer we get for a Sunday night mate.
The only reason I can get it for £109.00 is due to an offer they run.
Trust me, I've looked
Oh.... and it's our train set Geezer.
;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'd possibly have to choose 1 or the other.

Due to the distance to Cooden which is a 3-day event for me as it's too far to drive and play in 1 day due to early tee times and I'm too tired to drive back the same day after 36 holes and a big meal, it would mean I'm away 5 days out of 7, which would be pushing it.

The only way I'd be able to do it would be to combine a holiday and bring Max and the wife down to the Cooden area or within a reasonable driving distance which I've done before.

Fully understand the logic behind it for people with normal jobs but it could mean I have to choose.

I wouldn't want anyone working around me though, so you have to go with what's best for you Rob 👍

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'd possibly have to choose 1 or the other.

Due to the distance to Cooden which is a 3-day event for me as it's too far to drive and play in 1 day due to early tee times and I'm too tired to drive back the same day after 36 holes and a big meal, it would mean I'm away 5 days out of 7, which would be pushing it.

The only way I'd be able to do it would be to combine a holiday and bring Max and the wife down to the Cooden area or within a reasonable driving distance which I've done before.

Fully understand the logic behind it for people with normal jobs but it could mean I have to choose.

I wouldn't want anyone working around me though, so you have to go with what's best for you Rob 

Appreciate your prompt response and fully understand where you are coming from Robin.
That's why I asked mate.
Thanks

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Single room for me ( again ) please….. :thup:

As above

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Weather I'm a youngen or an olden by then, I'll be happy to turn up and enjoy the company - Single Room as always ;)

Cheers again Smithy for organising this years, was a real shame you could not enjoy it yourself

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I only popped my cherry on both of these meets this year (glad I did as both brilliant) I will have to work around what is organised. Too much hard work needs to be put in very early to accommodate any needs I may have.

D

Deleted member 15344

Smithy you work your proverbials off getting these events together so it's right that you should ensure that the meet suits you as well. It's clear they are popular and i expect you will always get the amount you need without too much hassle

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another magnificent couple of days, thank you thank you Smiffy for the effort put in to getting it organised, the auld farts did you proud in your absence, as for next year, I don't mind what the dates are.

A single room for me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.