2021 Old Farts V Whippersnappers

D

Deleted member 25172

Are we sure that people are sending in their handicap indexes and not their old handicaps?
coz its different now

With the new system the changes in HI can be quite different as well once we get to the end of May.

In my case, I'm going up up up.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I think we might have some participants who do not have WHS handicaps - but I may be wrong.
Those that do not usually declare a handicap for the purposes of this meet that is a fair reflection of their ability. I would be happy letting them have this for Beeches & Pines and giving them an extra shot on Forest & Pines

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Those that do not usually declare a handicap for the purposes of this meet that is a fair reflection of their ability. I would be happy letting them have this for Beeches & Pines and giving them an extra shot on Forest & Pines

That sounds perfectly acceptable - as long as they are Old Farts. Dando, as organiser, should have a plan.

D

Deleted member 25172

I think Lilyhawk was referring to what our Indexes will be come the day of the matches rather than our HI/course handicap, hence it doesn't matter at this stage if they're not quite right.

Yes, the point being - there's no real need to collect Handicap Indexes today cause they won't be the same come May. Personally, I'll probably play around 10-12 rounds where I'll put my card in before the meet, and given that 5 of my best scores will be replaced I expect some big changes. Especially if I continue to play the way that I have since we came out of lockdown.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, the point being - there's no real need to collect Handicap Indexes today cause they won't be the same come May. Personally, I'll probably play around 10-12 rounds where I'll put my card in before the meet, and given that 5 of my best scores will be replaced I expect some big changes. Especially if I continue to play the way that I have since we came out of lockdown.
I am aware there will be some changes to HIs between now and the meet. It was just to give me and rosecott an idea of playing level so we can start to think about our pairings. We will be asking you guys for updated HIs just before the meet

D

Deleted member 25172

I am aware there will be some changes to HIs between now and the meet. It was just to give me and rosecott an idea of playing level so we can start to think about our pairings. We will be asking you guys for updated HIs just before the meet

Yeah, I fully understand that! At the moment my HI is lying, or I'm underperforming. By May I'll hopefully know which it is and that it's more in line. :D

Thanks for stepping in as captains!

gopher99

Visit site

Handicap is any wedge shot at the moment, more likely to shank anyone on the right hand side of me?