2021 Old Farts vs Whippersnappers - The Teams

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well where do you start. It was a fantastic couple of days.
The first days golf was absolute rammel from my point of view. To be honest if it was not for Jakob waking up we would of been thumped 10 and 8. What can I say about fraggers golf. Some of it was just sublime. Hcap of 22. ? sweet mother Mary and the wee donkey. He really earned the sombrero. As a neutral it would of been great to watch. As an opponent. Not so.
Todays golf was played in better weather, Tashyboy roared into a 4 hole lead only to see it dwindle to 1 up and a missed 3 footer From me opponent stopped it going AS. Tash eventually won 3/2 playing half decent golf. Bottom line the Old Farts came up against the whippersnappers machine and had no answer.
But was the result that important. Well yes. But new friendships were made, old rivalries resumed. Dando organised a stonking couple of days. Cheers me man.
From a personal point of view. Tricky Trev needed those two days. Saturday was a years anniversary from the passing of his wife and two days with Tash and the forum lads was what the Dr ordered. Ironically it was just what Tash needed. Less than an hour before we left for Forest Pines on Sunday, my lad told me one of his mates has passed away. An ex squaddie from 2nd rifles. I don’t mind saying it got to me big style thinking about a 4 yr old girl who ain’t seeing her dad again. Many thanks to all for a stonking weekend.

D

Deleted Member 1156

My girlfriend's 2 sons were in 2 rifles, they knew the guy in question ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cracking weekend yet again, great to catch up with some familiar faces and meet new ones, specially after the last year we've had it was a real pleasure to get out and play with everyone.
My golf was sheeiite a bit like the bar service, I don't think I've ever been so sober on a forum meet :LOL:
Massive thanks to Dando for organising, huge respect to Tricky Trev (y) and of course Dynamite Dave who absolutely trounced me today :oops:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Cracking weekend yet again, great to catch up with some familiar faces and meet new ones, specially after the last year we've had it was a real pleasure to get out and play with everyone.
My golf was sheeiite a bit like the bar service, I don't think I've ever been so sober on a forum meet :LOL:
Massive thanks to Dando for organising, huge respect to Tricky Trev (y) and of course Dynamite Dave who absolutely trounced me today :oops:

? ?
Trev says “ I don’t think Ave paid for that round” when they never came for the brass. five minutes later four forum lads arms are pointing towards Trev Showing the waitress who is paying for the round. ?

That said, Ave heard folk moan about the price of drinks at FP. It’s cheaper than my course ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Home, tired, but on the winning team(y)
Good job from Dando..Slowhand and Rosecott made excellent Captains
Reaffirmed my record of never winning a singles match - Tricky Trev is....just that.
His driving was on point today and he took me 2&1. Did I mention I was giving 11 shots?
Managed a half(tie,draw or whatever) alongside Beezerk against Yerman and the aforementioned TT..close game all the way.
Great company from Crow and gopher....
Most enjoyable and I suppose I'd better thank everyone's favourite bandit for doing the driving....even if we did nearly lose the back end coming off a roundabout in the rain:LOL:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well played whippers!

Are you guys ok with going back to FP or do you fancy somewhere else next year?

Suggestions welcome and I’ll look into the costs

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Thanks to Dando for pulling this together when it looked like it might fail, and thanks to the Captains of each team.

The result didn't go the way of the Farts this year, but you can't win every year. ;) Does anyone know what running score is?

Great to meet everyone again and a few new faces too.

Really enjoyed the golf even if much of it was dire. Sunday I partnered GG26 against gopher99 and Paperboy. First hole I fatted a drive 100 yards and shanked an 8 iron into the bushes, luckily Mike came to the rescue and we won the hole. It stayed close until around halfway when we quickly lost three holes on the trot and never recovered, going down 2&1 I think.

Drawn to play gopher99 again today and I was thankful for the 13 shots he gave to me!
I think we'd both admit that some of the golf didn't quite make the grade. For example on the first hole I topped it into the rough left and barely got past the ladies tee, we ended with a half after John's quality 7 was matched by my equally iffy 8 net 7.
But there was some decent play and it was a tight match all the way to the last green and a half was a fair result in the end.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Well played whippers!

Talking to Tricky Trev on the way home. He is playing Belton Woods this weekend. Again 2 rounds, 1 night. He is paying £190 to share a room ?. VFM wise I think FP is Bob on.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Great couple of days, Thanks to Dando for picking up the reins

Today I was playing Harrogate Hacker (Russ) in the singles, he was giving me 8 shots and with yesterdays stellar performance still Fresh,
The smart monopoly money was apparantly on me, no pressure then

Started well and was 1 up after 2. then HH woke up and he was 3 up after 6, I pulled it back to 1 down at the turn
It then yoyo'd between HH being either 1 up or 2 up, until he went 3 up on the 15th to be dormie 3

Somehow he then cocked up the next 3 holes which allowed me to square the match.

Great game, down to the wire and a great atmosphere, compeditive, but very friendly

Was great to put a face to Tashy's name and all the other lads we met for the first time

Well done the snappers, think its 3-2 to the Pharts overall though :)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Great couple of days, Thanks to Dando for picking up the reins

Today I was playing Harrogate Hacker (Russ) in the singles, he was giving me 8 shots and with yesterdays stellar performance still Fresh,
The smart monopoly money was apparantly on me, no pressure then

Started well and was 1 up after 2. then HH woke up and he was 3 up after 6, I pulled it back to 1 down at the turn
It then yoyo'd between HH being either 1 up or 2 up, until he went 3 up on the 15th to be dormie 3

Somehow he then cocked up the next 3 holes which allowed me to square the match.

Great game, down to the wire and a great atmosphere, compeditive, but very friendly

Was great to put a Fist to Tashy's face and all the other lads we met for the first time

Well done the snappers, think its 3-2 to the Pharts overall though :)

sorted Fraggerito ??

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Problem is, it's finding somewhere else "central" that has the same facilities as Forest Pines. Or the prices.
Despite any negatives aimed at the venue, it does offer terrific value for money, (apart from the bar!).
During my "reign" as organiser, I'd looked at other venues but always came back to FP.
I could well be up for playing again next year, (not organising), and will keep an eye on developments.
Well done lads....
(y)(y)(y)(y)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Dando for organising and for Rosecott and Slowhand sorting the matches. The organisation was spot on.

An enjoyable couple of days and great to meet up with some new faces as well as more familiar ones, especially after the year we have all had.

On the Sunday I partnered Crow against Paperboy and Gopher. Gopher (John) is one of the best strikers of the ball I have played alongside and along with Simon playing well (and holing an important putt on the 16th to stay 2up) the thirteen shots that both Nick and I received was not quite enough.

On the Monday I was up against 94tegsi and we had a good close tussle. I was only level on the 1st and 13th tees, but never more than two down. Martin won 1up, but I at least took it down to the last putt. Unfortunately, my chipping and putting let me down and this was highlighted when we both found the green on the third, only for Martin’s three putt to beat my four putt!
It was also great to play alongside and catch up with Tashyboy and Nick (apologies I didn’t catch your forum name).

The service in the restaurant / bars was on the slow side and that will be down to the hotel getting used to being open again. We were lucky with the timing though and and the beer was only around £4 a pint which is reasonable.

D

Deleted member 25172

Well played whippers!

I think it was a great venue tbh. Loved the course itself. As has been mentioned, the bar service was well under par, in a bad way, but sure that will have been sorted by next year.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Problem is, it's finding somewhere else "central" that has the same facilities as Forest Pines. Or the prices.
Despite any negatives aimed at the venue, it does offer terrific value for money, (apart from the bar!).
During my "reign" as organiser, I'd looked at other venues but always came back to FP.
I could well be up for playing again next year, (not organising), and will keep an eye on developments.
Well done lads....
(y)(y)(y)(y)

The Belfry want £250+ to play the PGA and Brabazon so by the time you add in a few beers you're looking at remortgaging your house.
Forest of Arden is £170 at this years prices
some of the other resort courses are too far south - Oxford, Hertford, Colchester etc
i have made an enquiry with FP for next year and if we go on 29th May, the Monday is the bank holiday