The "definitive" Old Farts v Whippersnappers thread.......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I will get the previous two threads locked/deleted, so please look on this thread as the "definitive" one for the planned Old Farts v Whippersnappers meeting.
Dates: Sunday 26th/Monday 27th June 2016
Venue: Forest Pines Golf Hotel, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 0AQ.
http://www.qhotels.co.uk/our-locations/forest-pines-hotel-golf-resort/golf/

Strictly limited to 24 players (two teams of 12) on a first come, first served basis with a reserve list in operation. Teams will be decided once we have a finalised list of entrants with their individual ages.
18 holes (4bb matchplay) Sunday afternoon, 3 course evening meal, overnight accommodation at the above hotel, full English breakfast, 18 holes (Singles matchplay) Monday morning.
Teeing off times planned for 2pm on the Sunday (Pines & Forest courses) and 9am on the Monday (Pines & Beeches courses).
Separate nearest the pin and longest drive competitions will be held during both rounds, a small contribution will be requested to help purchase prizes (say £5.00 each?).

Cost: £109.00 per person fully inclusive (£30.00 Supplement for a single room).

No deposits are required at the moment, but I will be asking for a £25.00 per person deposit at sometime during the next few months with the balance being due 6 weeks prior to the event.
I have provisionally booked 8 twin bedded rooms and 8 single bedded rooms, but will enquire on additional singles if demand exceeds these initial reservations. I cannot guarantee that you will get a single room if you are not one of the first 8 to ask!

In the event of a cancellation, your deposit will be refunded as long as a person is found off the reserve list.
For a late cancellation when no reserve players exist, your deposit will be forfeited to help attract last minute replacements by offering them your place at a reduced rate unless you yourself can find a replacement.
Buggies will be available for those that require them, I will contact the club at some point to try to negotiate a deal for those that require them.
Hope that this information is sufficient, if you have any further questions, please ask!
Rob

1. SMIFFY
2. LEFTIE (SINGLE ROOM)
3. HOBBIT (SINGLE ROOM)
4. REGION 3 (SINGLE ROOM)
5. FISH (SINGLE ROOM)
6. RUFF-DRIVER
7. KHAMELEON (SINGLE ROOM)
8. LIG (SINGLE ROOM)
9. CHRISD (SINGLE ROOM)
10. ROSECOTT
11. MASHLEYR7
12. FULL THROTTLE
13. RICHART
14. BLUEINMUNICH
15. CROW (SINGLE ROOM)
16. VIRTUOCITY (SINGLE ROOM)

RESERVES
1. MIDNIGHT

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

1. Smiffy
2. Leftie (single room)
3. Hobbit (single room)
4. Region 3 (single room)
5. Fish (single room)
6. Ruff-driver
7. Khameleon (single room)
8. Lig (single room)
9. Chrisd (single room)
10. Rosecott
11. Mashleyr7
12. Full throttle
13. Richart
14. Blueinmunich
15. Crow (single room)
16. Virtuocity (single room)
17. Paperboy
18. Foliage-finder
19. Homerjsimpson
20. Sainthacker
21. Justone
22. Gazr99

Reserves
1. Midnight

Don't worry that it looks like we've exceeded numbers.
If enough additional people put their names forward I can look at increasing the booking.
Also, I guarantee, that there will be people drop out as we go along.
Rob

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Somehow I have managed to get the ok - so put me down at the moment until I check work ahifts

D

Deleted member 15344

You know this third trip, will come back and bite you, there will be something the missus is after that you have forgotten about and it's bound to be expensive.

No doubt at all mate - it will sneak up on me :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been given the OK for this so please put me on the list, single room if possible as I do have a slight snoring issue.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There may (may) be the option of bringing your wife/partner along if you wanted to.
I know that the last time we held a meeting there, a couple of guys paid a supplement and the girls used the pool/sauna etc. whilst the guys played golf.
If this is something that might interest you please let me know....but as I say, it is only a "might" at the moment.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
There may (may) be the option of bringing your wife/partner along if you wanted to.
I know that the last time we held a meeting there, a couple of guys paid a supplement and the girls used the pool/sauna etc. whilst the guys played golf.
If this is something that might interest you please let me know....but as I say, it is only a "might" at the moment.

Mine encouraged me to go to get away from me for a few days.