Cooden....Friday 16th August. Final details......

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Brilliant day, with some cracking guys. Great to meet old friends and new... needless to say there was some great banter. Chris's morning round was a joy to behold. And did I enjoy the afternoon round? Mmm, it was a bit special in damp and breezy conditions. The 7 birdies helped the score nicely.

Reached the hotel just south of Luton, only another 4hrs worth to do in the morning... 630 miles for a great craic - worth it.

Awesome scoring in tough conditions lad. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for organising another great day there Rob; thoroughly enjoyable despite the afternoon weather.

Not too much to add to the above other than to say cheers to playing partners Paul and Richard for a good laugh. My own golf was pretty rubbish yesterday apart from an 8 hole stretch inthe morning which yielded 24 points but both of them were solid all day.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Like I said at the evening meal....after three visits to Cooden, Paul Nash is finally getting to grips with the course.
He only lost 11 balls yesterday.
Cushty, and bodes well for his Invitation day doesn't it Rich....
:mad::mad:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Superb day thanks again for organising Smiffy. Great course and will love to go back next year.:thup:

I had the pleasure of playing with Leftie and Fish in the morning and they switched things around in the afternoon swapping Fish for Full Throttle. It was great to put a few more faces to names and the company made the day even more enjoyable.

Highlights of the day, Leftie's scorching level par round on the back 9 (pm) earning 25pts, I want to putt like him!:thup:

Fish had better days I'm sure but showed glimpses of what he is capable of, scoring well on the holes that he finished! :eek:

Full Throttle needs a handicap review, lulled us into a false sense of security blobbing the first then proceeded to rack up 40 points.:whoo:

I grabbed the scorecards from the table at the end and will post the full results of the day a little later.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
As usual thanks to my playing partners for their company and golfing prowess and a special mention of Sawtooth's driving - many GPS measured at over 300 yds. Brings back some faith in Forumers' tales of dering do. :clap:

Having played with sawtooth back in feb, I can confirm for not a big guy and one of the smoothest and slowest takeaways I have seen, he smashes a very long ball!!! Lulled me and my fighting octopus swing into a false sense by consistently out driving me hole after hole! Watch out for him on longest drive holes! ;)

Sounds like you had a great day guys! Awesome scoring! FT needs a cut and a level par round absolutely deserves the spoils! Great stuff guys!

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
Great day - many thanks Smiffy. Cheers to my playing partners Rickg, Fish and Full Throttle - pleasure to meet you all. Def be up for this again next year :)

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another great day at Cooden - well done again Smiffy - and thanks for highlighting my improving game - who knows how far I could take it next year.:lol:

I am formulating a plan for 2014 - use a 7 iron for the first 8 holes (not sure what happened to this year's idea of leaving the big dog in the car - that failed on the first)! Had 2 rounds with Chris and Dhan and it was a hoot al the way - when we finished laughing at my rising ball tally. The way I saw it, I wasn't going to win so at least I wanted to give a decent donation to H4H!:D I have 2 weeks off after next week and hope to get a bit of golf in at home and away - and maybe even a bit of practice!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Like I said at the evening meal....after three visits to Cooden, Paul Nash is finally getting to grips with the course.
He only lost 11 balls yesterday.
Cushty, and bodes well for his Invitation day doesn't it Rich....
:mad::mad:

He is just saving his best form for the 'big one'. :thup:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just out of curiosity Rick, which camera did you use to take them? And which setting was it on mate? They are great.

It's my iPhone 5 using the camera+ app (£1.69 I think). I like using the HDR effect to get the cloud definition.......also like the polarise and Depth of Field settings.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
weather looked fine! come to Scotland if you want proper wind and rain:rolleyes:

p.s that fox nicked my scorecard last time I played Cooden

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am formulating a plan for 2014 - use a 7 iron for the first 8 holes (not sure what happened to this year's idea of leaving the big dog in the car - that failed on the first)!

Might be something to do with Murph calling you a Wuss every time you didn't use it..... :whoo:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's my iPhone 5 using the camera+ app (£1.69 I think). I like using the HDR effect to get the cloud definition.......also like the polarise and Depth of Field settings.

Also a free app called photocollage which allows u to do this and also create multiple pic collages... Very good pics though rick!!!