Please confirm for Cooden.....

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Had a great day, absolutely knackered this morning though!
Enjoyed Full Throttle and LIG's company during the afternoon round and I think I witnessed a "first".....
Unless my memory is failing me, LIG didn't hit one provisional ball!!
Thunder and lightning hung around most of the night down here, woke me up about 1.30am.
Well played to Cookeslad for his winning score of 42 points, followed by Full Throttle with 41 and Paperboy with 40.
Special mention to Golfmmad (Chris) for his fantastic individual score of 46 points for the morning round. Superb play from a really nice bloke.
Cooden has been booked again for next year, Friday 24th July and the price has been held for us at £75.00 for the day.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You're not the only one Smiffy. Thanks for organising a great day, and to all the forumers for their company, but particularly to Swingalot & Paperboy, my playing partners for the 36 holes, well played lads. It's a lovely little course, great clubhouse and really friendly staff, I'd be happy to join if I was local…;) Thanks for the heads up for next year Smiffy, will try to persuade the Minister for Home Affairs that we don't need to be on holiday then. Hope everyone got back safely, some interesting moments on the journey home :eek:oo:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yes another well organised event at the ever popular Cooden Golf Club, well done and thanks to Smiffy. :thup:

Came out the traps really well in the morning for 19 points with 1 blob on the front 9 only to have 2 back-to-back blobs on the back 9 reducing my overall score for the blind team event to 31 points. I was hopeful of a better score after our delicious Ham, Egg & Chips on the turn for the next 18 holes in the afternoon but immediately blobbed the 1st by snap-hooking my drive :angry: Got my head down and put 36 points together with no further blobs so relatively pleased.

Huge thanks for the great company of Chris (Chrisd) and Roger (Leftie) over the 36 holes, I thought the balance of good golf, crap golf and banter from all 3 of us was superb and I truly enjoyed my day with you both :fore:

Well done to all the winners and of course Golfmmad for his 46 points in the morning, I looked at his card which had 5 gross pars on the front 9 and although he didn't par anything on the back, he decided to throw a couple of birdies on the card instead, I've never seen so many 4-pointers on a card :eek: well done Chris :thup:

Anyone travelling to the Bexhill on Sea area I can thoroughly recommend the Collingtree Lodge Guest house and the local Harveys beer isn't to shabby either :cheers:

A very strange 3.5hr drive back last night after a great dinner, the light show was all around and above me at times and lit up the night sky right until I got home at 1am.

A truly great annual event, thanks to everyone attending who make is so :clap:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd echo what the others have said, lovely course, great to meet up with the old faces and meet some new guys too.

Leftie, I've played with a few times, and is always great company and I played with Fish for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed that too, although I think his handicap may belong in the "fantasy Stories" section in the library :lol:

If anyone is keen to know how I managed to amass 9 points for the first 9 in the morning I will happily run through the holes for you on request, but 19 on the back 9 and 35 points in the afternoon showed me that my game is in a better place than it had been of late, I even managed to whack the driver close to forum average on the odd occasion ! This morning I wonder about my sanity in attempting 36 holes but seeing some of the guys who looked like lobsters after a day in the sun I bet their suffering more than me!

Great day Smiffy - thanks mate!
I congratulate the winners and particularly Chris for 46 points, but Cookielads afternoon round was awesome too on a steaming hot day. Many thanks also to Swingalot for the lift and to Smiffy for making the event look a doddle when we know organising meets like that are anything but.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I even managed to whack the driver close to forum average on the odd occasion !

Oh I forgot about that, I hit a couple of really long drives around the 275yd mark which I was really pleased with, other than a short blip on a couple of holes on the back 9 in the morning, I was really pleased with my SLDR's performance off the tee, especially in the afternoon :swing:

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
A few thank you's too start with. My playing partners BlueinMunich ans Swingsalot. Was a pleasure for 36 holes off cracking golf.
Thanks to Rich for the use off his Garmin Approach 👍 hope you find it a bit more useful after the lesson.

Played solid in both rounds, but have an allergy to sand 😜 as in I hate bunkers!! Cracking course and bar staff.

Thanks to Rob for organising a cracking day, will be back next year, with bells on.

Last bit, remember kids if you wear shorts, sun cream isn't optional!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I hope we all got home ok. There was a big smash on the A27, which closed the road, and there were fire engines, ambulances, and police a plenty. I was 100 yards back, full on emergency stop, and was held up for 1 1/4 hours. The people being cut out of the cars were not so lucky. Eventually we got turned around, and detoured out. I left at 9, and got home at midnight.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hope we all got home ok. There was a big smash on the A27, which closed the road, and there were fire engines, ambulances, and police a plenty. I was 100 yards back, full on emergency stop, and was held up for 1 1/4 hours. The people being cut out of the cars were not so lucky. Eventually we got turned around, and detoured out. I left at 9, and got home at midnight.

I must have been just behind you Chris - I turned around after about 20 minutes, following the lead of others behind me - and then limped home on vapours as I couldn't be bothered to stop!!

Another good day at Cooden - and great to see James come out of retirement and shoot 2 over, that should (or at least could) have been 2 under! Yet again, Cooden and I didn't necessarily see eye to eye - but there is always next year when Sir Knobby will be the local member, if he hasn't been kicked out for inappropriate comments at the young female bar-staff! :)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I must have been just behind you Chris - I turned around after about 20 minutes, following the lead of others behind me - and then limped home on vapours as I couldn't be bothered to stop!!

Another good day at Cooden - and great to see James come out of retirement and shoot 2 over, that should (or at least could) have been 2 under! Yet again, Cooden and I didn't necessarily see eye to eye - but there is always next year when Sir Knobby will be the local member, if he hasn't been kicked out for inappropriate comments at the young female bar-staff! :)

Glad it wasn't you!

Great company again, it's always a blast.

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a great day, absolutely knackered this morning though!
Enjoyed Full Throttle and LIG's company during the afternoon round and I think I witnessed a "first".....
Unless my memory is failing me, LIG didn't hit one provisional ball!!
Thunder and lightning hung around most of the night down here, woke me up about 1.30am.
Well played to Cookeslad for his winning score of 42 points, followed by Full Throttle with 41 and Paperboy with 40.
Special mention to Golfmmad (Chris) for his fantastic individual score of 46 points for the morning round. Superb play from a really nice bloke.
Cooden has been booked again for next year, Friday 24th July and the price has been held for us at £75.00 for the day.

Rob,

Thank you, yet again for a great day. 4 x years in a row now!!!

As usual my 3 ball:-

played well,
loved the course,
enjoyed the food and hospitality,
enjoyed the views of the staff (boys you know what I mean),
AND did not win anything.

All in all an awesome day. 😄😄😄😄

Next year please book me 4 spaces.
Me, Robin, Guy and Jonny.

JP is a convert and loved the day and would like to attend one again.

Awesome day Rob, thanks so much.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't really add much to what has already been said.

Superbly organised by the maestro Smiffy - he even got the weather right. Great company on and off the course and some good golf played - well done those men. Nice to meet up with friends, old and young and to put some more faces to Forum names.

As usual at these Cooden meets, I excelled on the afternoon back 9, just a pity about the previous 27 holes. I put it down to just getting warmed up. If only we could have gone out and played another 18 ..........

Put me down for next year please Rob. Hopefully I'll still be waking up on the right side of the turf.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I forgot to mention Fish and his jet propelled advantage - yes - every tee shot was assisted by a very loud fart which definitely stopped any backward sway

Should I have posted this in the rules section?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Cheers to Murphthemog and 'SlasherNash' for their company, hilarious at times, hard to post a score when you're counting how many balls your playing partner has lost and laughing your way round the course :) Clearly someone had applied grease to the grips of Murph's clubs as he kept dropping them after hitting his tee shots :p Both were on 'good form' (really enjoyed it chaps!) and 'SlasherNash' just kept going and going despite clearly having left his swing in the boot of his car :D

Glad to have shot a couple over, didn't realise I was under par with 3 to play else I might have concentrated, ho-hum.

Apologies for not being as sociable as I ordinarily might be, I was up all night and was practically off my face on painkillers, anti-inflamatories and anti-histamine tablets, I took 25 tablets thru the course of the day plus some anthisan cream, hydrocortisone cream and some witch-hazel. By the time we finished 36 holes I was shattered. I got home and was asleep before the wife had boiled the kettle for my ovaltine, was glad to have made the day but annoyed that I couldn't stay for the meal (how was the meal? ...and did the waitress get her 'thrupney bits' out for the lads?) and a chat with you all.

Big nods to Golfmmad for 46pts in the morning round, exceptional scoring mate :thup: other notable scores were BlueinMunich with 41, Cookelad with 42? and FullThrottle I believe also had 41pts in the afternoon? apologies if I missed any other notable scores.

Cheers to Smiffy for organising ...and persuading me to drive down at 6am,.. knob!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers to Murphthemog and 'SlasherNash' for their company, hilarious at times, hard to post a score when you're counting how many balls your playing partner has lost and laughing your way round the course :) Clearly someone had applied grease to the grips of Murph's clubs as he kept dropping them after hitting his tee shots :p Both were on 'good form' (really enjoyed it chaps!) and 'SlasherNash' just kept going and going despite clearly having left his swing in the boot of his car :D

Glad to have shot a couple over, didn't realise I was under par with 3 to play else I might have concentrated, ho-hum.

Apologies for not being as sociable as I ordinarily might be, I was up all night and was practically off my face on painkillers, anti-inflamatories and anti-histamine tablets, I took 25 tablets thru the course of the day plus some anthisan cream, hydrocortisone cream and some witch-hazel. By the time we finished 36 holes I was shattered. I got home and was asleep before the wife had boiled the kettle for my ovaltine, was glad to have made the day but annoyed that I couldn't stay for the meal (how was the meal? ...and did the waitress get her 'thrupney bits' out for the lads?) and a chat with you all.

Big nods to Golfmmad for 46pts in the morning round, exceptional scoring mate :thup: other notable scores were BlueinMunich with 41, Cookelad with 42? and FullThrottle I believe also had 41pts in the afternoon? apologies if I missed any other notable scores.

Cheers to Smiffy for organising ...and persuading me to drive down at 6am,.. knob!!

Always a pleasure to catch up with you sicknote!

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have had a nice relaxing day after my exertions of yesterday, 46 points!!! how did I manage that.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, and I'd like to add mine to the other 40 plus pointers. I thought there would be all sorts of cries of "Banditry". Highlight for me was on the par 5 10th where after hitting a solid drive I struck the sweetest 5 wood on to the green, 20ft from the pin! Faced with my first ever eagle putt, which I missed but managed the birdie, and yes Robin (Fish) another 4 pointer.

I'd like to add my thanks to Rob, (Smiffy) again for the best Forum meet of the year, IMHO of course. Always a relaxing feel to the day, which for me, is what makes it such a good 'un!

Also was touched with the special prize at the end of the presentation, I was not expecting that Rob, thanks again mate.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Missus has just reminded me that a lot of the golf course flooded this year with the bad weather we had.
If their Earth was in the flooded area they may well have left for sunnier climes.

Edit: Apparently they were living around by the "Jubilee" holes (practice area) and that was under about 3 or 4 feet of water.
That would account for it

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I forgot to mention Fish and his jet propelled advantage - yes - every tee shot was assisted by a very loud fart which definitely stopped any backward sway

Should I have posted this in the rules section?

:rofl:

Timing is all important! Otherwise swing follow through can be accompanied by the bodily function one! :whistle: No personal experience fortunately!