Cooden Golf Club teeing off times and groups.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You don't know how many they are. There could be hundreds of ex captains. Heck, some of them might even still be alive.

One thing is for sure, they'll be moaning about slow play whilst nobbling it all over the course!

....erm, you're not a past Captain are you? :p

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What time is anyone meeting up? It's a 2 hour drive according to Google maps, so if I leave at 6.30, I should be there by lunch time. Wouldn't want to miss out on the bacon butty.

1st tee is reserved for 9.30am. I will be there from about 8.15 and already have the scorecards sorted.
If you could all remember to bring cash with you rather than cheques or credit/debit cards that would help me tremendously as I have to go and pay the Secretary at lunchtime and it's a right bugger knowing who gave me what....

The green fee for the day is £61.00. I did suggest making this up to £65.00 to give us a "prize fund".
Might I suggest that the team event is for the kudos, the individual Stableford in the afternoon carry a 1st prize of £30.00, 2nd prize £20.00 and 3rd prize £10.00 and a tenner each for longest drive and nearest the pin?
I make it that adds up to £80.00 so I will be £4.00 up on the day!
;) ;) ;)

D

Deleted member 1418

If the £4 covers the p&p of the Travolta cast-offs in time for Friday then I am sure we won't mind at all!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If the £4 covers the p&p of the Travolta cast-offs in time for Friday then I am sure we won't mind at all!!

p&p was £3.50 Paul, so I'm still 50p to the good.
Should buy me a pack of Tena Lady to hide my blushes.
I just hope the leg length is right. Won't have time to alter them for the big day 'cos I don't suppose they will be here until Thursday afternoon.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just a gentle reminder (I will also remind on the day!!) regarding slow play......

The smooth running of the day relies almost entirely on "pace of play". We are playing in threes, not fours, which should help.
But please can I remind you that your place on the course is "just behind the group in front" not "just in front of the group behind". This is never more important than during the morning round as we have to be back in time for lunch and if people start falling behind, the lads in the last groups don't get a decent break between rounds.

The morning game is a "team" event, with the best two scores on each hole being the ones that count. Could I ask you to remember that the one in each group of three who looks like he is going to be the fall guy on any particlar hole pick up so as not to slow things down. I'd hate for people who are in the back groups to not have a decent lunch break and then check through the scorecards later and see that guys in the early groups were marking down par, bogie, ten!! I hate laying down rules and regulations because let's face it, we are all there to enjoy ourselves. But at the Addington earlier this year, some of the final groups in after the morning rounds literally got 10 minutes to eat their lunches before they had to tee off again, yet with everybody playing 4 hours rounds (supposedly) we all should have all got an hour!!
:D :D :D

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Forcast looks nice now. If it can just stay that way.

Mind you, if it rains, at least the waterproofs will cover up Steve's, your's, and RickG's trousers.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forcast looks nice now. If it can just stay that way.

Mind you, if it rains, at least the waterproofs will cover up Steve's, your's, and RickG's trousers.
Fraid not my feline friend....... I have a set of red Galvin Green Waterproof trousers.. :D