West Hill Draw

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Had a bad night with my back guys and won't be making it this morning.
Real shame as I really wanted to play the course but in a fair bit of pain atm.

Apologies and have fun guys.

Sorry to hear that Steve. Get well soon.

May be you shouldn't swing so hard?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Steve, sorry you couldn't make it, but I did get your money back from the Club, so if you send me your bank details I will settle up with you. You were missed mate, especially on the long drive hole, which had a huge bunker just where your normal drive would go.;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Results from West Hill

Therod...........34 points (and longest drive)
Cookelad........33 points
Syr............... 32 points
Srcall12......... 31 points
Stuart (Guest)..31 points
Gareth (Guest).31 points
Rooter............30 points
Richart...........30 points
Steve (Guest)..30 points
Lee (Guest)......30 points (and nearest the pin)
Alex (Guest).....29 points
Jeremy (Guest).29 points
Vkurup............28 points
Hooker............28 points
Blue in Munich..28 points
Piece..............28 points
Sawtooth........26 points
RichardC.........26 points
Sev112...........26 points
Paul (Guest).....25 points
Geoff (Guest)...25 points
Leftie..............23 points
Murphthemog....21 points
Golfdub............16 points

The course was in excellent condition, just the first green frozen, the rest excellent for the time of year. Pin positions very tricky, and some quick putts down hill and down wind. The scoring was good, especially when you consider another Society playing in front of us with about 20 in it was won with 30 points.:eek:oo:

Hope everyone enjoyed the day, and agree with me that West Hill is a top course, and well worth a revisit.

Well played to the winners, and it was lucky for Nick that the stableford he won was a non qualifier.:whistle:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Really annoyed I couldn't make this - and as it happens the reason I couldn't didn't materialise so I could have come anyway..

AARRGGHH!!

Glad it was a good day.

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks Richard for the great day, just a shame that I could get in groove as you can tell with my lousy 16 points and 9 of the those we're on the last 4 holes which by then it was way to late for any chance to save the card ;(

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The best shots I hit all day were in the practice nets before going out.

Coincidentally, that was also the last time I felt warm.

Even my putter was stone cold.

Nice course though, and awesome food.

V

vkurup

Rich... Great work at organising it.. had a fab day.. Happy to finish with my score. Picked up a few tips from Murph & Golfdud.

Also enjoyed the banter at my table... great lads and great good ( i think I ate about 50 quid worth of food :))

Finally: Can I propose my approach shot on the 18th for the 'Shot of the day'. 130y to the flag, thinned it with an 8 iron to see it sail past the pin, narrowly miss the clubhouse window and a bloke walking across, bounce off the wall and trickle down to the edge of the green!!!! Not having any skill can be an advantage. (any other candidates?)

V

vkurup

21 & 16 points respectively... what can you possibly have learned? :D

;)

On the first hole I shot a 10!! I was trying to be too brave, while both Murph & Jason took their medicine & chipped out. After that I realised whats good for M&J, is good for me.. so I started playing a bit more conservatively.. <just one example>