Cooden Golf Club teeing off times and groups.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Here they are. I've tried to mix it up a bit, and hope that the following are OK for everybody.

9.30 & 2.30
SMIFFY
LIG
VISCOUNT17
9.38 & 2.38
ALAN BANNISTER
RICKG
PN-WOKINGHAM
9.46 & 2.46
GOLFMMAD
P1PETE
MURPHTHEMOG
9.54 & 2.54
RICHARDC
LEFTIE
CHRIS
10.02 & 3.02
PIEMAN
JUSTONE
BRATTY
10.10 & 3.10
HERONSGHYLL
GUY
ROBIN DOWLING
10.18 & 3.18
RAY TAYLOR
CHARLIE
VJSWING

The morning round will be a team event Stableford (each player off full handicap) with the best two scores on each hole counting (not the best two overall 18 hole scores in each team). This means that even if you don't have a particularly good round your whole score isn't "dumped" as you will still get the chance to contribute towards the team score at each hole.

The afternoon round will be an individual Stableford, full handicap allowance.
Both morning and afternoon rounds will be from the yellow tees and there will be a longest drive prize at the 6th and a nearest the pin competition at the 16th (nice 164 yarder from an elevated tee).

We are playing in 3 balls as you can see so it's hoped that if we get a decent speed going (especially during the afternoon round) then everybody will be back in in time for the evening meal.
The afternoon three ball groupings are not "set in stone" but it's easier to lay them out like this so that everybody should get an hour for lunch. If half a dozen of you are milling around on the first tee in the afternoon waiting to tee off and you want to mix it up a bit, please feel free.
Any questions, please ask.
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
By the way, the cost of the day will be £65.00. This is £61.00 for the actual golf day plus a "contribution" of £4.00 towards some small prizes.
It would really be appreciated if you could pay in cash rather than debit/credit cards so that I can sort out payment with the secretary in one hit at lunchtime.
If anyone has a decent camera they can bring along to take some piccies for inclusion in the magazine, that would be great.
Ta
Rob

D

Deleted member 1418

Hold on - I'm not going to have James carping on at me all day about how much he hates seaside golf am I?

:D :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hold on - I'm not going to have James carping on at me all day about how much he hates seaside golf am I?

:D :D

It's listed as a links course Paul, but it's not a true links...if that makes sense????
Has very lush fairways (very un-links like) and you can't see the sea at all. Plus the greens hold a shot.

D

Deleted member 1418

That's ok then - didn't know whether I'd need to bring a toy windmill down with me so James would feel better putting out on the greens! :D

Really looking forward to it Rob - lets hope this weather continues. After John Daly's efforts at the Open, it will be interesting to see what Viscount turns up in trouser wise! :eek:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's ok then - didn't know whether I'd need to bring a toy windmill down with me so James would feel better putting out on the greens! :D

Pieman, don't worry about James - he's a pussycat really. :eek: :D :p

Golfmmad.

D

Deleted member 1418

I know, but after enjoying James' comments on links golf on one of the Open threads, just wanted to make sure he'd be a happy chappie at Cooden!!!

James - looking forward to finally getting a knock with you on a forum meet. Am intrigued by this stack and tilt malarkey!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that Smiffy may have got the tee times wrong.

I've seen both James's and your shots and think that you should be going out 1st so as not to endanger any Forumers in front or to the side of you :p :p

D

Deleted member 1418

Come on Smiffy - when we played together at Ascot you were talking about becoming a member! :D

D

Deleted member 1418

Come on Smiffy - when we played together at Ascot you were talking about becoming a member! :D

We do have some standards - not sure he'd get through the vigorous vetting regime, HTL only got in because he suckered them with his power hitting! :D :D

Blimey - that's some interview Homer if you then have to go three rounds toe-to-toe with the Secretary / Membership Committee just to get in! :D

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Actually providing you can pay them the cash and get round without taking up half the course you'll get in. That would still rule Smiffy out then!

Do you and HTL qualify for a 'pay one full male membership and the wife's free' type thing? :cool: