Cooden groups and itinerary

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well after much shuffling around, I have come up with the following groups and teeing off times for Friday.
Richart can't make the morning round unfortunately, and it has left me with a bit of a dilema as I have an odd number.
Ray Taylor and TXL (Anthony) are sharing a buggie for the day so they should be a little quicker than others. On that basis, I have put myself in the 1st group with them in the only fourball in the field. Hopefully we won't hold anybody up, but if we do we will let following groups through as and when the need/chance arises.
So the morning groups look like this.

TXL
RAY TAYLOR
SMIFFY
CALVIN LAWRENCE

LEFTIE
DHAN
CHRIS

HERONSGHYLL
ROBIN
GUY

LETITRIP
GREG LINLEY
VJSWING

ALAN BANNISTER
DANNY JOHNSON
ROBBIE WEISS

PN WOKINGHAM
MURPHTHEMOG
JIMBOO

BRATTY
THEROD
PIEMAN

FULL THROTTLE
GOLFMMAD
TERRY

For the afternoon round, the groups will stay the same but I will go out first with Richart as a twoball.

I have allowed four hours for the morning round (which should be plenty as we are only playing as three's) and the same again for the afternoon.
Coffee and bacon rolls will be available for 8.45am and there will be ham, egg and chips for lunch between rounds. The 1st tee is booked again in the afternoon from 2.30.
The morning round will be a three man team event (best 2 scores from the 3 to count) and the afternoon round will be individual Stableford. There will be a two course evening meal afterwards, as I have mentioned on the other thread I will confirm dress code as soon as I have spoken to the Secretary tomorrow.
COST FOR THE DAY WILL BE £65.00. THIS IS MADE UP OF £61.00 FOR THE ACTUAL GOLF PACKAGE AND £4.00 IN THE "KITTY" FOR A SMALL PRIZE FUND.
IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF EVERYBODY COULD PAY IN CASH AS I HAVE TO PAY THE SECRETARY AT LUNCHTIME AND TRYING TO SORT OUT DEBIT/CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS IS A RIGHT PAIN IN THE ARSE!!

I hope that the above is agreeable with everybody, the weather forecast for the day is looking OK at the moment, no rain but a little bit of a breeze! That should make it interesting... :D :D :D :D :D

If anybody has any queries at all, please ask.
Rob

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Rob, great work!

And as Pieman, Therod and I are behind Paul, we can let him know how far left or right his balls gone, and then play through them - on the first! ;)

Pieman, I can't believe how lucky you are - two rounds with me at Cooden... AGAIN!!! ;)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rob, great work!

And as Pieman, Therod and I are behind Paul, we can let him know how far left or right his balls gone, and then play through them - on the first! ;)

Pieman, I can't believe how lucky you are - two rounds with me at Cooden... AGAIN!!! ;)

I'm looking forward to it. If I can sort out my driving/irons/chipping and putting then maybe Team 1018 can do some damage !! :D

D

Deleted member 1418

Rob, great work!

I'm looking forward to it. If I can sort out my driving/irons/chipping and putting then maybe Team 1018 can do some damage !! :D

Something tells me I could be in for a very long day....! :D

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for sorting Rob, as usual.

Can a buggy be ordered for the afternoon round only? The old legs might be a bit wobbly after the morning round. :)

Golfmmad.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks for sorting Rob, as usual.
Can a buggy be ordered for the afternoon round only? The old legs might be a bit wobbly after the morning round. :)
Golfmmad.

I will try this morning Chris, but it might be a bit late mate. Although I have only booked one, Cooden only have a couple of buggies.
I will be speaking to the Secretary this morning, I'll see what I can do and let you know.
Rob

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Rob, As said on the phone this morning, really gutted that I am having to drop out which also means Calvin will have to drop out.

Not my choice, but with the way my hip/leg is at the moment, there is no way I would be able to even drive down to Cooden let alone play any golf. :(

Hope you guys have a great day, one day I will make it!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rob, As said on the phone this morning, really gutted that I am having to drop out which also means Calvin will have to drop out.

Not my choice, but with the way my hip/leg is at the moment, there is no way I would be able to even drive down to Cooden let alone play any golf. :(

Hope you guys have a great day, one day I will make it!!

Sick as a pig to hear that you can't make it Anthony. You would have loved it. Hope your leg gets better soon mate.
Groupings stay the same, I will just play with Ray in front and share his buggy, means I'll get back nice and early to sort out the money with the Secretary.
Will make up a threeball in the afternoon with Ray and Richart.
x

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Spoke with the secretary today....

Dress Code for the evening meal

Jacket and Tie required gentlemen

I tried to negotiate with him but unfortunately "rules is rules" so please make sure you bring a change of clothes with you for the evening meal.
Lunchtime will be what you are wearing on the golf course.

And Chris........I managed to secure a buggy for you for the afternoon mate.
;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Weather forecast for Friday is looking "ok"...
Overcast, but no rain forecast on two of the sites I am looking at, although the third is predicting a 30% chance of precipitation! May be worth packing your waterproofs "just in case".

Looks like it's going to be a bit breezy though. A bit breezier than last year. Are you listening Paul???
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks like it's going to be a bit breezy though. A bit breezier than last year. Are you listening Paul???
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[/QUOTE]

If you are running a lost-ball book - stick me down for a massively improved 10 or less!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spoke with the secretary today....

Dress Code for the evening meal

Jacket and Tie required gentlemen

I tried to negotiate with him but unfortunately "rules is rules" so please make sure you bring a change of clothes with you for the evening meal.
Lunchtime will be what you are wearing on the golf course.

And Chris........I managed to secure a buggy for you for the afternoon mate.
;)

I don't own a jacket, so would it be extremely rude of me not to attend the evening meal? Travelling down from the midlands with the wife, she's staying at the B&B all day, being last out I can finish and take her for a meal instead :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don't own a jacket, so would it be extremely rude of me not to attend the evening meal?

The Secretary did say that if it is "warm" we can remove our jackets. It looks like it may well be "warm" so if you just bought a shirt and tie you may well be ok.
Nobody will jump on you if you don't attend the meal...fully appreciate the effort you have gone to to attend the meet.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I don't own a jacket, so would it be extremely rude of me not to attend the evening meal?

Nobody will jump on you if you don't attend the meal...fully appreciate the effort you have gone to to attend the meet.
Seconded. So long as I get first dibs on Fullthrottle's meal, that is! :D :D :D :D :D