Playing two competitions at two different clubs on same day

Swango1980

Visit site
Considering I gave up playing about 5 years ago, there's no surprise that I don't know some of the new system rules.

Someone explained the rules had changed and I thanked them for it. Post no.8

Rulefan then got involved by explaining the old handicap system to me in
post 20

I felt it was unnecessary as I played under that system for many years, and it's not the first time he's done it.

You could be right
In fairness, this is a public forum. Many people read and learn from a conversation others have. Might even prompt them to ask their own questions.

So, even if you do know certain things you are being told (which the other person may not know you know), others might not. Therefore, it improves their understanding.

So, no need to get offended, unless it is clear someone is being deliberately patronising (I certainly didn't get that vibe). It is a public forum, and others may answer a question you directed at someone else. I'm sure you've jumped into other people's conversations on many threads, like we all do.

The alternative is to send private messages, if you really do want to have a one to one chat.

Swango1980

Visit site
Ours (Canada) are updated immediately on entry of a new score, but are corrected overnight if there is a PCC adjustment.
I like this. And I wonder why on earth ours cannot do this?

It would be equivalent to our old system, where you had to adjust after your 1st round (downwards at least), even though CSS would be unknown.

So I don't know why the tech can't adjust a players handicap in UK after a really good 1st round, give them an updated handicap for afternoon round, despite a slight adjustment potentially being made to that score a day later, if PCC is not zero.