Playing two competitions at two different clubs on same day

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Believe it or not, I knew that so you wasted your time trying to educate me.
Did I misunderstand your question? Were you asking about the change to the requirement to update caps between rounds or why the calculation was changed?

D

Deleted member 35504

Believe it or not, I knew that so you wasted your time trying to educate me.
Considering you're over 4 years out of date with your understanding of how the basics work, your arsiness seems rather misplaced 😅

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Considering you're over 4 years out of date with your understanding of how the basics work, your arsiness seems rather misplaced 😅
Considering I gave up playing about 5 years ago, there's no surprise that I don't know some of the new system rules.

Someone explained the rules had changed and I thanked them for it. Post no.8

Rulefan then got involved by explaining the old handicap system to me in
post 20

Previously the onus was on the player and was much easier to determine. (Up 0.1, down 0.1,2 or 3 as appropriate to that round).

I felt it was unnecessary as I played under that system for many years, and it's not the first time he's done it.

Can we have a guess on who is next for Bob's ignore list? :ROFLMAO:
You could be right

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
used to do it quite regularly under the old system, only had to adjust for the cut as not very often the CSS was worked out till after the comp had finished. even the Royal Dornoch 2 rounds on both courses was worked out straight away. TBh no idea what you would do now, but then little or no change now of 36 in a day

D

Deleted member 35504

How many people got pulled from one round to the next under the old system?
Until now I always thought it fair that a player shooting, say 40 points, would get cut in the morning. Let's say he got cut a shot and then went on to shoot 36 in the afternoon, total 76 (but would have been 37 in the afternoon and 77 off his original handicap).

But then imagine another competitor shooting 36 in the morning then shooting 40 in the afternoon... He would win on count back and not get cut til the next day, even though the other guy was the same handicap before they started.

Actually now I think it's fairer...

Must be mellowing with old age.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Last question from me please....
If someone has a good round in the morning, is he/she still allowed to cut themselves for the afternoon round or must they play off their original handicap?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 35504

Last question from me please....
If someone has a good round in the morning, is he/she still allowed to cut themselves for the afternoon round or must they play off their original handicap?
Thanks
Are you going to get stroppy again when you're told this hasn't been the case since 2020? 😅

There's no such thing as "can they cut themselves".
The system works daily changes out overnight.

Edit:
Apologies for 2019 references, it changed in Nov 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You play off what the computer/ EG / SG etc app tells you your handicap is. End of.......No need to over complicate matters.
I just want to confirm I understand this even though I haven't played in a h/cap competition since 2004 and it will never affect in the future...I'm just curious...
Joe Smith shoots 45 stableford points off 15 in the morning. In the afternoon, he plays a knockout match and must play off 15?