Will you have the Covid Vaccine

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Will you have the Covid Vaccine

• Total voters

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair vaccines are the nearest thing there is to a homeopathic remedy that truly works.
An absolutely tiny minute dose of a portion of the thing that does you harm which then prevents the thing doing you harm.

Oh, I don't like that construction. Homeopathy is anti-scientific nonsense, vaccines exploit an understandable and verifiable part of our immunology. Bacteria and vaccines come in rather small doses too, and a few micrograms of some of them will put you 6 feet under.

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
My son is alive today and hopefully for a lot longer due to medicines developed for his condition. He'll be having it, no question whatsoever, and so will I. Absolutely no brainer. I'm not impressed with anyone who is against the vaccine. No matter what your reasoning is.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Peter Doshi. Lots of questions, few answers. The BMJ likes to adopt a contrarian attitude and has a long history of unbalanced attacks on pharma, even though they are part of the problem about which they complain. The simple question for the BMJ is 'Do you want the vaccine sometime soon, or do you want all the questions answered and have it in a couple of years?'.

The current clinical trials programmes are large andthere is enough efficacy and safety data to treat at least higher risk patients. In doing so, more time will pass for trial subjects to accrue data and more patients from high risk cohorts will be added. This seems the sensible attitude, although not satisfying the holier than thou brigade.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh, I don't like that construction. Homeopathy is anti-scientific nonsense, vaccines exploit an understandable and verifiable part of our immunology. Bacteria and vaccines come in rather small doses too, and a few micrograms of some of them will put you 6 feet under.
It was a quote I heard from an American professor of virology who is very anti the antivaxxers, sorry if you don't like it.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was a quote I heard from an American professor of virology who is very anti the antivaxxers, sorry if you don't like it.

It isn't that I don't like it (although I don't), it is that is makes a totally specious and unhelpful point. S/he may be antivax, but if they think that because vaccines use quite small doses they resemble in any way homeopathic products, they need to revise their understanding of both.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It isn't that I don't like it (although I don't), it is that is makes a totally specious and unhelpful point. S/he may be antivax, but if they think that because vaccines use quite small doses they resemble in any way homeopathic products, they need to revise their understanding of both.
From the podcast I heard him on I think he probably has a pretty good understanding of the basics of vaccines, though I may be wrong
The point about homeopathy was not just the size but the fact that they are using part of the thing that makes you sick.

D

Deleted member 1147

Yep; with my knackered lungs, my folks being in their 70’s, my Mum having leukaemia and my Sister having an auto immune illness, I’m hoping we’ll all be pretty high up the list.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
From the podcast I heard him on I think he probably has a pretty good understanding of the basics of vaccines, though I may be wrong
The point about homeopathy was not just the size but the fact that they are using part of the thing that makes you sick.

Well, the science underlying homeopathy is non-existent and contrary to all we know about the world. To be pedantic, the vaccine contains code for the spike protein, which is simply part of the vehicle for the virus genetic code and does not have any pathogenic effect.

I hate any suggestion that either the vaccine is anything like homeopathy or that homeopathy may be medically valid.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well, the science underlying homeopathy is non-existent and contrary to all we know about the world. To be pedantic, the vaccine contains code for the spike protein, which is simply part of the vehicle for the virus genetic code and does not have any pathogenic effect.

I hate any suggestion that either the vaccine is anything like homeopathy or that homeopathy may be medically valid.
Well different vaccines have different contents, but the RNA code for the spike is an even smaller bit of the virus, and therefore even more potent according to homeopathic theory.
But I think you are missing the point which is not to give homeopathy credibility amongst doubters but to give vaccines credibility amongst homeopathic enthusiasts.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well different vaccines have different contents, but the RNA code for the spike is an even smaller bit of the virus, and therefore even more potent according to homeopathic theory.
But I think you are missing the point which is not to give homeopathy credibility amongst doubters but to give vaccines credibility amongst homeopathic enthusiasts.

I am concerned that it could undermine belief in vaccines among sensible people who know homeopathy has the same scientific credibility as witchcraft. The spike protein does not cause any of the effects of Covid and is, in itself, harmless.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Please delete that rubbish. That document is full of complete crap, too many to mention in rebuttal, but here is just one: RNA medicines DO NOT alter your genetics in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Jesus what a croc!

“In my opinion, these new vaccines represent a crime against humanity that has never been committed in such a big way in history.”

And

“this “promising vaccine” for the vast majority of people should be FORBIDDEN, because it is genetic manipulation! ”

He must have gone to the same school as Donald Trump!

Last edited by a moderator:

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
If they are starting on Tuesday, has anyone heard of a person that has been contacted for an appointment yet?
Just wondering if we are really just 36 hours away from the beginning of the end.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If they are starting on Tuesday, has anyone heard of a person that has been contacted for an appointment yet?
Just wondering if we are really just 36 hours away from the beginning of the end.

My sister in law is booked for Tuesday.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am concerned that it could undermine belief in vaccines among sensible people who know homeopathy has the same scientific credibility as witchcraft. The spike protein does not cause any of the effects of Covid and is, in itself, harmless.
I think people who think homeopathy lacks credibility are not ones who reject vaccines.
Most rational people accept homeopathy is mildly eccentric and only causes harm when it is used to reject conventional medicine. The act of taking a few drops of water thoroughly beaten by a leather strap is almost the definition of a harmless activity.
There is far more good to encouraging homeopathic believers to accept vaccines than to try and argue the science with them. Very few completely reject allopathic treatments.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think people who think homeopathy lacks credibility are not ones who reject vaccines.
Most rational people accept homeopathy is mildly eccentric and only causes harm when it is used to reject conventional medicine. The act of taking a few drops of water thoroughly beaten by a leather strap is almost the definition of a harmless activity.
There is far more good to encouraging homeopathic believers to accept vaccines than to try and argue the science with them. Very few completely reject allopathic treatments.

Your faith in the ability of people to sort the rational from nonsensical is kinda heart warming. I lack the same faith.

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have had the flu jab for the past 10 years so that will be a yes from me. As a 67 year old I would be mad not to and have not try and be safe.
Last year we had a holiday in Kyrgyzstan and I caught a bug over there, all the symptoms that they now say are for covid19, took a course of antibiotics and flew back to UK.
The wife came down the following week and had 3 courses of UK antibiotics.
So have been watching the news since January when this mild covid19 started to infect populations across the globe.
Can any one say why the Chinese have not been promoting a vaccine?
If the only way to go is by having a microchip to say they have been vaccinated then so be it.
Or lets go to country and everyone have a proper ID card.