Temu - any experience/review

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I see Temu very often but I have yet to check it out properly. It is the fast growing app/shopping at the moment. A lot of our stuff comes from Amazon which I don’t intend to change. But tempted to use it for things that are not that important eg a garden hose or bulb rather than buying vitamins.

While being Chinese gets everyone’s tails up.. I guess the Chinese already know all the need to know about me already thru all the stuff I already own.

Any real world Temu users here??

PaulMdj

Visit site
Used Temu for a few things, some have been absolute bargains, ranging from running kit(T’Shirts) to golf towels to kitchen utensils, and also received some rubbish.

Good thing is with the rubbish or items we’ve changed our mind on, returns are free and with some items they have given us a 100% refund and told us we can keep the item.

Did see a story going around internet about giving them credit card details and them using the data etc, so we use Apple pay, which is meant to be secure.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I find that most items you buy are made in China and buying from Temu cuts out the middle man, I think that is why them and Ali Express started.

The prices have gone up considerably over the last twelve months, always check against Amazon and EBay and there is a minimum order but you can build your basket over a period of time before checking out.

Regarding the credit card comment, I have always paid by PayPal just as a precaution.

The items I buy are only things you find in the cheap shops such as gardening products, reading glasses, dog toys and bits of tat, I have never had an order over the value of £25.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As above, I've used a few times and the quality of the stuff I've received as been variable although with the price I paid I've never been overly disappointed! No issues with delivery time either which I know some have moaned about.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've steered clear as I assumed it was a knock-off thing like Wish. :LOL: Or I thought maybe you had to buy in bulk to get the prices on offer.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife uses it for stuff for the kids like silly toys for doing an Easter event or something

I've avoided just because seems too good to be true

But then Chinese companies seem to want to undercut everyone and sell for 1p profit just to try and dominate the market

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They arent trying to make a profit in markets like the US and UK currently, they are buying market share and happy to run lots of loss leaders. The parent company Pinduoduo made almost $10bn on its Chinese business last year and they are basically investing to expand the business. Likely they face some regulatory challenges in the US sometime soon as they are basically circumnavigating some of the tax/duty laws and that loophole will probably soon be closed

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i bought some tacky stuff for about £10.. and apparently now i have qualified for £250 credit bundle.. In the meanwhile it has probably created (another) clone of me in China

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
it is very persuasive. keeps offering '£20 off' and another gift card... I bought another cart... massage gun, kitchen towels etcs... it was just below £15 for a free shipment. So added some more... got to £17... then it said,... add some more to use my £10 off voucher... added more tack, and it got to some £21... -£10 voucher and back to £11. Then needed to add more to get to £15. So in the ended up with plenty of useless stuff. It was a game of snake and ladder

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All adds to the unwanted tat, waste and pollution in the world.
I agree … it can be wasteful … but the stuff I bought is things like kitchen cleaning cloth, sponge, mop head etc. things that we normally use but at ridiculous price.
The two things that not be on my list. Got a massage gun. It has been on my list for a long time but now it was £6 instead of a £50+ that I was looking for. I am sure this will be die after a few times and will become waste. The most expensive thing I bought is a hand held chordless vaccum cleaner costing about 10 quid

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
All adds to the unwanted tat, waste and pollution in the world.
And no sensible person wants a house filled with clutter that is seldom used. ;)

Or so I am told - fairly frequently. :confused:

Being sensible though - it has its limitations, as far as I'm concerned. :LOL:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Every Chinese business has to pass information to the Chinese authorities.
I remember the furore over our proposed ID card system, yet we give the Chinese more information than that.

As they say in cybersec world.. 'it is not a question of 'if' but a question of 'when''.... When foreign actors get ur info.
The Chinese, Russians, Americans, Koreans all have your data... We are using a ladle to throw water overboard while the titanic is sinking..

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Friend has bought a number of t-shirts, polo shirts & sandals/shoes. He thinks the pricing is great but says quite a few of the t-shirts have ended up as cleaning rags. In that respect, I guess the true cost of what he’s found to be decent is higher. It’s a no from me.