New strains of Covid symptons

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The grand-daughters friend has recently tested positive for covid. She had the same symptons as my grandaughter only she wasnt tested.
Off food, extreme temperature (almost 40* ) for a short while, a rash like chicken pox but predominately on the limbs which all when after about 3 days.

This isn't a gossip thread, but a place to put symptons that have accompanied a positive test as it is obvious the old listed symptons aren't really accurate now.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My recent infection started with a sore throat but nothing too bad. Slight temperature (38-39). Then a day of feeling really nauseous but only actually sick a couple of times. Then 2-3 days of constant nausea (couldn't eat anything) but not actually being sick. Then mouth ulcers all across the roof of my mouth.

It was pretty grim. Heaps worse than when I caught it before the first lockdown.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
PS Rang the GP for help with the ulcers which were awful. She advised to test as latest symptoms matched mine. This was in May so don't think it was the new strain...

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
I've been unwell last couple of days , sore throat , lethargic etc. Idk if it's COVID as I don't have any tests and won't be buying any. Is there any point any more ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been unwell last couple of days , sore throat , lethargic etc. Idk if it's COVID as I don't have any tests and won't be buying any. Is there any point any more ?

It depends. I volunteer at the local hospital so need to test before spreading it there.

Edit - pretty sure that's where I caught it!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Covid is like fight club, first rule of covid is don’t talk about covid!

We’ll all be back in lockdown within a month, mind you most people are already home schooling

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Myself and the wife had exactly the same, and the lethargy is still lingering 4 weeks later.

My main point at the outset, was the similarity of one of the symptons to chicken pox. Very few kids below 2 can speak and tell you whats wrong or how they feel, but we as parents and grandparents go on our own experiences and make judgements accordingly.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If all the symptoms are different why are they calling it Covid? Is it lethal or is just like having the flu? It feels like the days of 'just a bug going round' are gone and everyone's quick to label something the new Covid.

I've been ill this week since the morning after H4H - had an awful sore throat for two days, then alright over the weekend, but past few days been really bunged up. I did a test back on Thursday which was negative but as paddyjk said above, I'm not really sure why I bothered. Just so I could work from home instead of having to go in probably. 😆 But now you have to pay for tests I won't be doing another one. I'm sure most people don't so 'new Covids' are always going to spread like the common cold from now on.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If all the symptoms are different why are they calling it Covid? Is it lethal or is just like having the flu? It feels like the days of 'just a bug going round' are gone and everyone's quick to label something the new Covid.

I've been ill this week since the morning after H4H - had an awful sore throat for two days, then alright over the weekend, but past few days been really bunged up. I did a test back on Thursday which was negative but as paddyjk said above, I'm not really sure why I bothered. Just so I could work from home instead of having to go in probably. 😆 But now you have to pay for tests I won't be doing another one. I'm sure most people don't so 'new Covids' are always going to spread like the common cold from now on.
Perhaps it’s being still being called COVID because some people with similar symptons are testing positive, and the symptons being exhibited are not what you thought it might have been.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Covid is just a contraction of Coronavirus Disease - so named because it's a disease caused by a/the corona virus. The symptoms may have changed but the causal virus is still coronavirus - so I guess that's why it's still called Covid

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Covid is just a contraction of Coronavirus Disease - so named because it's a disease caused by a/the corona virus. The symptoms may have changed but the causal virus is still coronavirus - so I guess that's why it's still called Covid
So we'd never heard of it before 2020 and since then every new bug is a 'covid'. If the tests are testing positive to all new symptoms then they must have changed the tests so that they do that?

I don't know, I just think the panic isn't required anymore. If you caught a 'covid' or a cold or a flu it all amounts to the same thing now. And it will happen with regularity.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got back from holiday to find I had it for the first time. Did not even know. I had one day of sweats, shivers etc and felt a bit rough. Went straight to bed and was pretty much OK the next day, though felt really tired for a few days. It was only when I heard on the news a few days later that these were the latest symptoms that I tested and it was positive. Honestly, in pre covid days, it would not have even stopped me going to work.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Covid has definitely had, and continues to have, an impact on my mindset. I get really narked when people stand too close. I always had a keen personal space awareness but now it's on steroids! I'm forever shifting away from people, only for them to edge closer. I am shocked, and prefer not, when people shake hands with me. Also don't like touching something soon after someone else has touched it. Much of this is based in the hospital when I'm working there but to a lesser extent in normal social circles too. Oh and if anyone coughs nearby, or says "I'm feeling a bit rough" or "I saw my friend last week and they've got Covid" then I'm ready to run for cover.

It's not a good thing. Bit germ-phobic which I always used to be a week or so out from a marathon...

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So we'd never heard of it before 2020 and since then every new bug is a 'covid'. If the tests are testing positive to all new symptoms then they must have changed the tests so that they do that?

I don't know, I just think the panic isn't required anymore. If you caught a 'covid' or a cold or a flu it all amounts to the same thing now. And it will happen with regularity.

Coronaviruses have been around for eons. Many common colds are due to them. SARS-CoV-2, to give it its proper name, Covid for short, is a newish strain that either jumped from animals or was created by the CIA, according to preference. So we started at square one with it, but as time goes on, as predicted people are slowly building immunity so that most healthy younger people who have been vaccinated and/or exposed to previous strains are not at significant risk any more. But it is too soon to abandon vaccines, so if offered, I would advise taking. I will.

Symptoms vary with each strain. The current one appears to have a bad cough. It is worth pointing out that some of these new strains are not necessarily "weaker" than previous ones, just that the population effect is mitigated by the evolving population immunity. But not everyone is immune, so winter will probably see it dispatch a few older people the same way flu usually does.