New strains of Covid symptons

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Definitely no more jabs or mask wearing for me if it all kicks off again.
That is not a sensible strategy. Covid is not done with us yet, and it is not all about the respiratory cold/flu like illness. Very good evidence that Covid has a systemic (fully body) inflammatory effect which can damage liver, kidneys, pancreas, heart, brain and vasculature. We are likely to see a rash, if not an avalanche of premature liver/kidney failures in the next decade and we already see people dying of myocardial infarctions that look different to the usual type. You don't want to join that club.

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Coronaviruses have been around for eons. Many common colds are due to them. SARS-CoV-2, to give it its proper name, Covid for short, is a newish strain that either jumped from animals or was created by the CIA, according to preference. So we started at square one with it, but as time goes on, as predicted people are slowly building immunity so that most healthy younger people who have been vaccinated and/or exposed to previous strains are not at significant risk any more. But it is too soon to abandon vaccines, so if offered, I would advise taking. I will.

Symptoms vary with each strain. The current one appears to have a bad cough. It is worth pointing out that some of these new strains are not necessarily "weaker" than previous ones, just that the population effect is mitigated by the evolving population immunity. But not everyone is immune, so winter will probably see it dispatch a few older people the same way flu usually does.
Welcome back - don't think we've seen you for a while?

Last edited:

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
We should be thankful that we have someone like Ethan who gives his time and knowledgeable advice on all things Covid.
Good to read your posts Ethan! 👍
I have my own doctor thanks. The last place I would be looking for medical advice is on a golf forum.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Like a stupid idiot, I didn't bother to get around to having the latest booster jabs. Went down with Covid last Monday and I can tell you that it is not a pleasant experience. I am seriously unwell.

If you want to be a stupid idiot like me then by all means don't have the jab. For your sake, I hope you don't contract Covid.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree,
Like a stupid idiot, I didn't bother to get around to having the latest booster jabs. Went down with Covid last Monday and I can tell you that it is not a pleasant experience. I am seriously unwell.

If you want to be a stupid idiot like me then by all means don't have the jab. For your sake, I hope you don't contract Covid.

I missed the last one I was offered when I hit 50 simply because nowhere nearby was offering them. Was willing to have the jab but simply could not get one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t think I need it.
The first ones were forced on us imo.
I wouldn't class myself as anti-vaxer but I see where you're coming from on this. I think it was implied, or at least I inferred, that things would start to open back up again once everybody had had the vaccine. And while it wasn't technically compulsory, in real terms it was because you knew most places would stop letting people in if they hadn't had it, which is exactly what happened. So I had those vaccines largely because it felt like we had to. Once they started bringing out 'boosters' and whatnot I didn't bother, as I figured when does it end? Are we going to be needed boosters every year for the rest of our lives if we go down this route? So I stuck with the original vaccine and no more. Nothing has happened to make me regret that decision.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
I wouldn't class myself as anti-vaxer but I see where you're coming from on this. I think it was implied, or at least I inferred, that things would start to open back up again once everybody had had the vaccine. And while it wasn't technically compulsory, in real terms it was because you knew most places would stop letting people in if they hadn't had it, which is exactly what happened. So I had those vaccines largely because it felt like we had to. Once they started bringing out 'boosters' and whatnot I didn't bother, as I figured when does it end? Are we going to be needed boosters every year for the rest of our lives if we go down this route? So I stuck with the original vaccine and no more. Nothing has happened to make me regret that decision.
Vulnerable people have been having boosters for flu, measles, tetanus and other illnesses for many years. It has helped to stop those diseases becoming huge health risks across the developed world yet still people die from these diseases because the boosters aren’t 100% effective.

Why would you want to increase your risk of catching a deadly disease? Yes you could still get it but you’re vastly reducing the chance and the more people around you who are vaccinated, the better.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Vulnerable people have been having boosters for flu, measles, tetanus and other illnesses for many years. It has helped to stop those diseases becoming huge health risks across the developed world yet still people die from these diseases because the boosters aren’t 100% effective.

Why would you want to increase your risk of catching a deadly disease? Yes you could still get it but you’re vastly reducing the chance and the more people around you who are vaccinated, the better.
I don't believe it is deadly for me, as I'm not a vulnerable person. When it was one jab for everyone to move on (as it was sold at the time), I was on board. When it became "here's your new booster jab.. and there's plenty more where that came from" I was no longer on board. I've had Covid twice and it's really not been much of a problem for me. I'm not a fan of sticking needles in my arm unnecessarily.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The original Covid thread became pretty toxic at times and was locked on multiple occasions. The OP made pretty clear what this particular thread related to in post #1. If people can't stick to the request then we will close this one sharpish. We don't want to go down the same road again.

D

Deleted member 15344

People get yearly boosters for flu - because I’m asthmatic I am entitled to one and they save lives there is no doubt about it , just like a Covid booster every year will save lives

I have been hit with the new strain and it knocked me for 6 , work colleagues are currently being hit with it and it’s hitting people quite heavy compared to first time

It’s still a bad illness and prob will be for a long time to come