New strains of Covid symptons

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Greg have you had it before, was it any different this time. I have had it three times and it was more bearable every time.
Couldn’t tell you. Never tested before when feeling duff. This time was just because I was suspicious that it was and I had access to tests.

It’s probably the worst I’ve felt in a few years with colds etc. but only for a few days, four max. But for those days I was seriously (even more) miserable.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs Whereditgo tested positive yesterday after feeling unwell over the weekend, nothing too serious, headache, sore throat and general aches. She only tested because she works in the Oncology department and new protocols have been introduced this week following an increase in covid. She doesn't feel ill enough to keep her off work, but is going to work from home for the rest of the week as patients are particularly vulnerable owing to suppressed immune systems following chemo, radiation treatments.

We have our club championships this weekend, so hoping I can avoid catching it 🤞

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mrs Whereditgo tested positive yesterday after feeling unwell over the weekend, nothing too serious, headache, sore throat and general aches. She only tested because she works in the Oncology department and new protocols have been introduced this week following an increase in covid. She doesn't feel ill enough to keep her off work, but is going to work from home for the rest of the week as patients are particularly vulnerable owing to suppressed immune systems following chemo, radiation treatments.

We have our club championships this weekend, so hoping I can avoid catching it 🤞
Best move to a hotel and make sure you are there for Saturday's club champs

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I had it 5 weeks ago. Like I had been hit by a bus for 3 days. Lost my sense of taste and had a sore throat.

Only reason I know it was Covid was we still have test kits as HiD has to to do home visits with vulnerable people and has to teat before each one. So I nabbed a kit and there it was.
Likewise. I had it back late May…I felt terrible for quite a few days and it took a good couple of weeks to clear. A lot worse than when I first caught it back in 2020.

My wife also caught it a few months ago and though she’s no longer testing +ve she has been plagued by a bad cough ever since - though it seems to be easing slightly.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sister and brother-in-law are just getting over it. Brother-in-law is struggling. We’ve not officially had it, though I was very ill just before the first lockdown, along with a few others at the bowls club.