Wedding present, what is acceptable

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Number 1 nephew is getting married on Saturday. He'll be 30 in a couple of months, she's a smidgen younger.

All very informal. Invite was a whatsapp message, the service and reception are in the same place, dress code smart casual.

No prezzie list, so we'll give them some cash as they plan to move from their flat to a house this year. Only thing he said was that cheques are no longer a thing, so BACS will be appreciated. 🤣🤣🤣 I've no idea how much is appropriate. I'm sure they'll be appreciative regardless.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
@Lord Tyrion a pallet of each should be fine, timing is the tricky part cos you really want the reversing klaxon on the wagon going off during the vows (y)

It sounds like you've got it just about right in the OP ... if the beer comes in a pack size then taking one or two out is a bit mean so whatever its packaged in i.e 6, 8 etc
Wine, you have two hands so three bottles is a bit iffy to carry

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Couple bottles of his fave beers; a bottle of nice wine, and a contribution to a charity of their choice to make up to say £50 - or just a contribution to the charity.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks. Couple are in their early 60's, small numbers going, specifically stated no presents. Now, no presents means nothing for the house or the like but it would be like turning up to a party without a bottle, we have to take something.

The link to the couple is the bloke, he likes a specific beer from a micro brewery. His partner likes Sauvignon Blanc. Simple, I'll get a few bottles of each, will give them to the couple on the quiet, no fuss.

Here comes the question. How many do I get? What would be acceptable? Too many would be as awkward as too few.

Initial thoughts are 10 x 500ml beer, 3 x White wine. Have I gone too big, is that too few?

Thoughts please.

Last year a friend and his wife both hit their milestone... he likes a tipple and she is a gin person.... Got them a stay and visit to a brewery. I think it was a visit to Silent Pool or in the region. I have a feeling we got it off 'Virgin Experiences'.. They might have liked it, since we are still talking :)