• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Will you have the Covid Vaccine

• Total voters

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Today marks an exciting day for science

What an achievement to develope a vaccine on a global scale under what must be serious pressure .

Hats off to all involved

I will wait my turn, I'm guessing 2022 maybe sooner as a key worker but least the most vunrable will get the protection

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
This issue is discussed in the paper. As I understand it, it appears that one of the contract manufacturing sites which was supposed to be a normal dose, but because of a problem with their assay used to determine dose, the actual dose was about half of that expected. The paper says the investigators discussed this with the MHRA who agreed they should interpret the data as they did.

I don't think this is an issue of any concern, and it would not put me off taking the Oxford vaccine, which is the one most of us will be offered.

I agree completely. Do we know if it will be rolled out with a half/full dose as standard?

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's something wrong in those numbers, it adds up to about 5 or 6 million more people than there are in the UK according to the ONS 2019 population estimate.

There is probably some double counting, e.g. the number aged over 50 is all people regardless of risk, so includes some also counted in high risk under 65.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just signed up as a St John's volunteer to stick needles in people - sounds kinda fun :eek:

Fortunately they do provide training!!