Will you have the Covid Vaccine

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Will you have the Covid Vaccine

• Total voters

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pre-print version of a scientific paper written by the BioNTech team just published, basically showing that the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine is effective in stimulating humoral immunity (i.e. antibodies) and cellular immunity (i.e T-cells). This is good news and suggests that immunity should last beyond the disappearance of antibodies, possibly well after.

Here is the paper for your interest, but it is not written for a lay audience.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pre-print version of a scientific paper written by the BioNTech team just published, basically showing that the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine is effective in stimulating humoral immunity (i.e. antibodies) and cellular immunity (i.e T-cells). This is good news and suggests that immunity should last beyond the disappearance of antibodies, possibly well after.

The paper for the efficacy study is here
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577?query=featured_home

Of interest to those wondering about safety, it was powered to pick up adverse reactions occurring greater than 0.01% with 83% probability over the time course of the trial so far. Protection was observed from 12 days after the first dose.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Nice easy read that Ethan, Thanks. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mind-blowing how clever these guys are!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I work in a department of academics. Degrees, PHD’s and Doctorates everywhere. Guess who they shout for when they need a box or a desk moving though ?
Lots of Sheldon Cooper like people around?

One thing no one mentioned in terms of vaccination are Government an Royalty. Do they skip the line? I don’t particularly like the current bunch but I still think they should get an early turn. Even though they should all be immune by now because they passed the virus around themselves previously.

Hospital appointment for me tomorrow. Not vaccination, but I am going to lobby the cardiologist. I might take chocolates and flowers along ;-)