What would you wear if there was NO dress code at your club?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
And there never had been a dress code, so no "old" members tutting at what you wear?

To be boring, I would wear pretty much the same as I do now (which conforms to most dress codes)
I would never want to play golf in jeans they are poorly suited for the job.

And I wouldn't want to wear them in the clubhouse either as my bum looks like a couple of puppies fighting under a blanket if I wear jeans!

What would you wear?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
cant see me wearing much different to currently, would probably use more cargo style walking trousers in winter and the shirt may not be tucked in as often as it is under current rules

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
And there never had been a dress code, so no "old" members tutting at what you wear?

To be boring, I would wear pretty much the same as I do now (which conforms to most dress codes)
I would never want to play golf in jeans they are poorly suited for the job.

And I wouldn't want to wear them in the clubhouse either as my bum looks like a couple of puppies fighting under a blanket if I wear jeans!

What would you wear?

Same as I currently do, polos and golf trousers.

I think you should let us be the judge of your bum in jeans.:whistle::)

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hard to say but I would guess jeans and a t shirt. Maybe jogging bottoms and a t shirt.

I find jeans to restrictive for golf (maybe i wear them too tight!) and I like a collared shirt to protect the back of my neck from the sun.

Joggers would be good- no flapping trouser hems on windy days!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im the same, couldnt think of anything worse than a round of golf in a pair of jeans!

Saw a guy playing in jeans last weekend, wading through soaking wet rough looking for a ball. When he emerged from the knee length grass his jeans had absorbed water all the way to his waist. Now THAT cannot be comfortable. All of my golf trousers are light and thin enough to dry fairly quick.
I am also in the "dont see or feel the need to dress any differently to now" camp.

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The same cool trouser style slacks and polo shirt as I always do. It's just so damn comfy. I wear anything to the range and end up a sweaty mess.

Jay1

Head Pro
Visit site
Same as I do now. I played in jeans a few weeks ago at a place with no dress code and it was just weird.

I quite like the whole golf attire and with modern materials it's comfortable too

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the current weather cargo shorts and a t shirt on the course, jeans trainers and a hoodie or rugby shirt in the bar. In winter I would play in cargo trousers and a rugby shirt.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now let me think........

i would probably ably want to wear a T-Shirt that is made of a type of fabric that allows your skin to breathe and stay fresh, take the sweat away so you are comfortable, light weight enough that even if it gets wet it dries out pretty quickly, loose and comfortable. You know something like a golf shirt that is specifically designed for the job. My trousers would need to fit the same criteria too.

like others have said, playing in non golf clothing is not comfortable. I called in at the range in my normal clothing a pair of shorts and a normal polo shirt. Within 15 mins I was a sweaty mess, feeling uncomfortable and not able to really concentrate. Yet I can spend 4 hours on the course in real golf clothing and be fresh and comfortable.