What one change would you make at your club?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Some clubs in the North East (I suspect it is the same elsewhere) don't do daily website/Facebook updates on course conditions which in weather like this is infuriating. How many Temporary Greens are there etc to allow non-members to decide whether its worth going.

Our greens director generally waits until about 10 minutes before his tee time before informing us whether its open/closed.

As I found out when I got to the club once (having not received an email stating it was closed) to find the course closed board out on the first tee. By the time I'd got home an email had been sent out to say it was open... conveniently 10 mins before his tee time. I was fuming.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Following my last round, I'd increase the size of the holes on all our greens..

considerably
I played a nine hole practise course at Foxhills that had bigger holes, it was quite funny.

You can see it on this video, Bullard even holes a chip on the first hole. When I played it though, my wife hit a downhill putt that went in the hole and bounced out somehow so it wasn't ideal. :LOL:

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
build a bridge across the depression on hole 13 but maybe the depression is not there anymore this spring. in winter nearby holes 9 and 12 have gotten totally new green complexes

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
During the winter we ask if members would carry and in fairness most of the members do but there are some that just can’t carry so use a trolley but we are required to use Hedgehog wheels

I absolutely hate hedgehog wheels and fail to understand why clubs insist on them, if it was my course I would ban them. I have a mate with them and at this time of the year you can see everywhere he has been.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I absolutely hate hedgehog wheels and fail to understand why clubs insist on them, if it was my course I would ban them. I have a mate with them and at this time of the year you can see everywhere he has been.
Hedgehogs are either the best thing since sliced bread or the work of the devil....
A lot depends on the soil make up...some soils accept them well and others get worse.
I'd take the view that if the head greeny thinks they're good for his course then I'd use them..

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Buggies

We have bans when necessary on H&S grounds and we have a buggy route when the might damage the course and on certain parts of the course they might slip.
What annoys me is that that they do not make a distinction between the big 2 seater ones and the small single seater ones.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hedgehogs are either the best thing since sliced bread or the work of the devil....
A lot depends on the soil make up...some soils accept them well and others get worse.
I'd take the view that if the head greeny thinks they're good for his course then I'd use them..
At my course they state 'winter wheels' for electric trolleys, and the ones I tend to see people using are the kind of hollow looking ones like these, not so much hedgehog ones.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site