What one change would you make at your club?

alex rutherford

Visit site
Club: Offering custom fitting services to optimize performance on the course.
Course: Improving the pace of play by introducing measures such as a ranger system, and improved signage.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can a club request that golfers carry unless they come into that category or is that not on because it points a finger at people with disabilities?

I'm at the same club as @rudebhoy and I always take a trolley, dodgy back. If the club worded as above, refine it a bit, I'd halve the clubs in my bag and carry on those occasions. I wouldn't carry all winter, I'd have to move clubs, but on the wettest of days I'd carry when requested.

Basically, can they up the message to dissuade more from taking a trolley but allow those who really need one?
Same club as @rudebhoy , nae luck there. 🤣.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Can a club request that golfers carry unless they come into that category or is that not on because it points a finger at people with disabilities?

I'm at the same club as @rudebhoy and I always take a trolley, dodgy back. If the club worded as above, refine it a bit, I'd halve the clubs in my bag and carry on those occasions. I wouldn't carry all winter, I'd have to move clubs, but on the wettest of days I'd carry when requested.

Basically, can they up the message to dissuade more from taking a trolley but allow those who really need one?

During the winter we ask if members would carry and in fairness most of the members do but there are some that just can’t carry so use a trolley but we are required to use Hedgehog wheels

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Occasionally we have a complete trolley/buggy ban
The members know this is a last resort and needs to be in place to protect the course.
We're currently on a "our preference is that Members carry where possible"
My knee stops me carrying so I'm trolleying..
To be honest I don't see why because the course is holding up well bit they know best.

D

Deleted member 15344

So today one seater buggies were allowed but two seaters weren’t. Are two seaters more of a H&S risk?

Depends on the make up of the course , what paths there are , the routes the buggies take. The two seaters are significantly heavier and potentially harder to stop on any skid risk.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Occasionally we have a complete trolley/buggy ban
The members know this is a last resort and needs to be in place to protect the course.
We're currently on a "our preference is that Members carry where possible"
My knee stops me carrying so I'm trolleying..
To be honest I don't see why because the course is holding up well bit they know best.

So, those with a medical exemption can't use a trolley, and therefore can't play? Good luck with that one going forward

Imurg

Visit site
So, those with a medical exemption can't use a trolley, and therefore can't play? Good luck with that one going forward
I don't know the ins and outs of it all but the Members seem to be ok with the complete ban when it does happen.
No doubt someone will "test" it one day....
Watch this space..

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
So today one seater buggies were allowed but two seaters weren’t. Are two seaters more of a H&S risk?

From personal experience, one-seaters are more of a risk.

I had one of Woodhall Spa's one-seaters on the Hotchkin which ended up on top of me on the last hole - although it must be said it was my fault. Luckily I have never had a similar episode with a 2-seater.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't know the ins and outs of it all but the Members seem to be ok with the complete ban when it does happen.
No doubt someone will "test" it one day....
Watch this space..

I've been studying it for a few weeks now and clubs will have problems with the policy

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Imurg

Visit site
We have a lot of fairly steep side slopes as well as up and down..
I can see a buggy, potentially, slide down and not stop until it hits something
I'm guessing that would be a reasonable reason for an absolute ban..

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We have a lot of fairly steep side slopes as well as up and down..
I can see a buggy, potentially, slide down and not stop until it hits something
I'm guessing that would be a reasonable reason for an absolute ban..

On buggies probably yes, but would it affect trolleys?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
A world class drainage and irrigation system. Given the battering of rain we’ve had over the last month, courses in the north east definitely need improvement. Beyond that I would like floodlights installed for night golf.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A world class drainage and irrigation system. Given the battering of rain we’ve had over the last month, courses in the north east definitely need improvement. Beyond that I would like floodlights installed for night golf.
Floodlights 😳. Love that idea. I know it happens abroad in some places, sounds a lot of fun. That's big thinking 👍