What one change would you make at your club?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Our 17th hole had a big improvement plan as per a consult with McKenzie & Ebert. The proposal was to move the green left and back so that when standing on the green you have a panoramic view of the 9th hole which is down in the valley. This appears to have been shelved. Of all the recommendations in the report, this was the one that I was the most excited for. It was due in the 10 year plan for this year.

peld

Visit site
But do you know how much revenue the course generates?

Resort courses typically do not make much money from the golf, the course often exists to attract people to stay and spend loads in the hotel on food and drinks.
we dont see it because it goes to the hotel/resort. We get tons of visitors, golf days etc on top of 900+ members. The % that goes back to the course is minimal.

evemccc

Visit site
Our 17th hole had a big improvement plan as per a consult with McKenzie & Ebert. The proposal was to move the green left and back so that when standing on the green you have a panoramic view of the 9th hole which is down in the valley. This appears to have been shelved. Of all the recommendations in the report, this was the one that I was the most excited for. It was due in the 10 year plan for this year.

Having only played your course once, so take what I say with a large pinch of salt, but I would be loathe to see MacKenzie and Ebert anywhere near a place so beautiful, with such diverse golf holes..

I’m guessing their huge signature waste-areas and giant blown-out bunkers were in the plans?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Having only played your course once, so take what I say with a large pinch of salt, but I would be loathe to see MacKenzie and Ebert anywhere near a place so beautiful, with such diverse golf holes..

I’m guessing their huge signature waste-areas and giant blown-out bunkers were in the plans?

There’s no space for their huge waste areas so we’re safe there!
hard to explain…. Hopefully the image explains things. Purple was a big heather bank to help protect people on the 18th tee

Attachments

• 8BED020B-7B9B-4C36-86C9-ABD80422F107.jpeg
    8BED020B-7B9B-4C36-86C9-ABD80422F107.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 27

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Green keepers that clean out the bottom of the hole liner every time the move the hole position. Does my head in when the flag sticks wobble about because the bottom of the cup is full of grass clippings and the bottom of the stick doesn’t go all the way down. Two of them are low single figure golfers too so I don’t know why they don’t do it.

The Fader

Visit site
Two things for me.

1. Return our greenkeeping staff numbers to pre-covid levels.
2. Better communication from the owners. Let us know why things are being done (or not done) and give us an insight into future plans.

Visit site
More comms from the Club

WhatsApp community channel
Better weekly emails
Pro shop news / demo club info
Some clubs in the North East (I suspect it is the same elsewhere) don't do daily website/Facebook updates on course conditions which in weather like this is infuriating. How many Temporary Greens are there etc to allow non-members to decide whether its worth going.

Teebs

Visit site
Some clubs in the North East (I suspect it is the same elsewhere) don't do daily website/Facebook updates on course conditions which in weather like this is infuriating. How many Temporary Greens are there etc to allow non-members to decide whether its worth going.

In fairness, we're good at that. Website updated at 7am every day with details of what is open, closed, conditions etc..