Dress Code - Most Unusual Inclusions/Exclusions

Alan Clifford

Visit site
J
For women: "Shorts and skirts must be no more than 13cms above the knee" (what intrigues me is how they came up with that exact measurement!)

It probably started out as 5 inches but thought that specifying 12.7 centimetres was ridiculous but 13 centimetres was not. And by doing that, they changed the rule just because they changed the measurement system. The work of total nut jobs.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
My wife had a few lessons at an average, and at the time almost bankrupt, golf club in South Wales. The pro suggested that she and her friend tried the clubhouse afterwards for a drink, clearly doing his bit to keep the club solvent.
An old boy walked past, tapped her foot with his, said “no trainers”.
She didn’t take up golf.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
My wife had a few lessons at an average, and at the time almost bankrupt, golf club in South Wales. The pro suggested that she and her friend tried the clubhouse afterwards for a drink, clearly doing his bit to keep the club solvent.
She didn’t take up golf.

The spikeless golf shoes I see these days have smaller knobbles than my Skechers trainer-like shoes..

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There was a story about an American that turned up at Muirfield wearing a kilt, told that didn't meet their dress code. The thick bugger got a taxi back to Edinburgh to buy some trousers... he'd only have needed to go around the corner to the Gullane shop?

Red devil

Visit site
She didn’t take up golf.
Aye the friendly welcome. Be crying into his pint when the developers move in on his beloved course

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
She didn’t take up golf.

Reminds me of when my wife wanted to meet me at the club for lunch after a round. Asked the club what she would wear as she was not a golfer. Jeans, no, what about smart ones, no. OK so what do you expect her to wear for a quick sandwich and a coffee. Well she could wear a dress or a skirt and collared top. Needless to say that we went into town for lunch and she never set foot in the clubhouse and I went in less and less as I went elsewhere to have lunch with my wife.

Red devil

Visit site
Reminds me of when my wife wanted to meet me at the club for lunch after a round. Asked the club what she would wear as she was not a golfer. Jeans, no, what about smart ones, no. OK so what do you expect her to wear for a quick sandwich and a coffee. Well she could wear a dress or a skirt and collared top. Needless to say that we went into town for lunch and she never set foot in the clubhouse and I went in less and less as I went elsewhere to have lunch with my wife.
How to run a business.............not