Vote on allowing women to join

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So why do you feel men specific mornings are necessary?
Some women complained that they did not want to exersize when men were present. ===== Some men complained they dont want to exersize when women are present only one section got their way is that equal. ====Its a embarrassment thing but affects men just as much as women =overweight / inexperience etc. but the men were told to just get on with it. =====The worst thing is its a council run gym and this council could not be more PC if they tried. Does not really bother me but is it EQUAL.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Some women complained that they did not want to exersize when men were present. ===== Some men complained they dont want to exersize when women are present only one section got their way is that equal. ====Its a embarrassment thing but affects men just as much as women =overweight / inexperience etc. but the men were told to just get on with it. =====The worst thing is its a council run gym and this council could not be more PC if they tried. Does not really bother me but is it EQUAL.

Really, so you think that just as many men find it intimidating exercising with women in the gym than women may find it intimidating with men with muscles everywhere pumping iron? I'm a bit of a porker but to be honest I rather enjoy the presence of lycra clad females in the gym. And as for the all the so called men that are embarrassed about exercising with women then de dums, man up and stop wanting a mens only session you bed wetters;)

And please read Fairway Dodgers excellent explanation on this subject.

Last edited:

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really, so you think that just as many men find it intimidating exercising with women in the gym than women may find it intimidating with men with muscles everywhere pumping iron? I'm a bit of a porker but to be honest I rather enjoy the presence of lycra clad females in the gym. And as for the all the so called men that are embarrassed about exercising with women then de dums, man up and stop wanting a mens only session you bed wetters;)

And please read Fairway Dodgers excellent explanation on this subject.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post; In the background I come from, anything female and possessing a pulse in the vicinity would increase the male work rate considerably :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Err I beg to differ... whilst their pride wont let them openly admit it perhaps, the club (and this probably goes for all clubs who dont follow suit) will be significantly affected financially and should the beloved members wish to retain their standards of Malt behind the bar and plush Chestfields in the locker rooms, it will have to come at their own expense as interest and respect plummets worldwide. Golf Club exile is not a nice place to be...:(

I'm with Stevie_R on this.

Nothing pretentious about the HCEG members as far as I could tell either. No chesterfields in the rather frugally appointed locker rooms. Locks on the shower doors, which amused us! Bar is tiny, Dining area is like a school one. Magnificent view from the Coffee Room though!

Their 'Dinners' have a bit of a reputation for rowdiness, but that's been the case for 270+ years! That will be the reason they 'hold out' longer than others imo.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
This is a major problem when the equal rights debate rears its head .===== The gym where I go decided to have a ladies only morning which is fine but when I asked when the Mens only morning was they said it was not nessesary .====== I do belive in equal rights but it must be equal and not loaded one side or the other..... The law is on their side or is it what is the legal position to all male / Female clubs ?

I am no lawyer, but I believe the Gym is quite possibly acting unlawfully!

The Act is pretty clear that ALL members, of the same category, should be treated equally. The Gym would certainly have to justify the difference, and I don't believe possibe embarrassment is sufficient. So the obvious thing to do is have a Male only morning/period of the same duration, or a reduced price membership! This is the equivalent to booking an entire Saturday for a Men's competition without allowing Ladies equivalent/shared times imo.

It is not against the law for all-male or all-female clubs. However, it is against the law to discriminate against a member (or guest) purely on the basis of their 'protected characteristics' of which gender is one.

However, I believe the EU/ECJ have screwed up insisting that gender is ignored when Insurance/Pension related premiums/annuities etc are priced/costed as it's an entirely reasonable risk attribute! 18-25 yo Males DO have more accidents that 18-25 yo females. And Females life expectancy at retirement IS greater than that of Males!

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can I join a women only gym now then?

Lmao,

seriously tho I feel strongly about keeping women off the course! Its a male sport, be just like men starting to play net ball something morally not right about it. Not say men can't play it but its a sport of the ladys.

I see enough women at work home etc I play to get away from it all male bonding time, last thing I want want in a sat lunch time heading up the 9th finding a group of women at snails pace talking about how Rogers dinner party was just a barrel of laughs and trying it hit the ball over 50 yards.

D

Deleted member 15344

Lmao,

seriously tho I feel strongly about keeping women off the course! Its a male sport, be just like men starting to play net ball something morally not right about it. Not say men can't play it but its a sport of the ladys.

I see enough women at work home etc I play to get away from it all male bonding time, last thing I want want in a sat lunch time heading up the 9th finding a group of women at snails pace talking about how Rogers dinner party was just a barrel of laughs and trying it hit the ball over 50 yards.

image.jpg

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lmao,

Care to explain how golf is a male only sport?

D

Deleted member 15344

No probs phil, but if he isn't crudely fishing then it's extreme enough to be totally hilarious.

Oh think it's surely fishing - mainly seen that type of view disappear with the dinosaurs ( but there could be a few hanging around )