US Open

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Id also like to add before I go that maybe when a newbe to the game has a theory on the game maybe try and educate a little more and not shot them down,

D

Deleted member 15344

Id also like to add before I go that maybe when a newbe to the game has a theory on the game maybe try and educate a little more and not shot them down,

A few people did try and even posted videos explaining but you appeared to ignore them - yep some called you a troll which was poor but then you also seemed to ignore what others were saying

He is something to think about

Spieth , Phil and Rory all have won majors on a links course - just look at their combined score today

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
A few people did try and even posted videos explaining but you appeared to ignore them - yep some called you a troll which was poor but then you also seemed to ignore what others were saying

He is something to think about

Spieth , Phil and Rory all have won majors on a links course - just look at their combined score today

I will take my comment about the rought back, I dont think it came acroos that way and naturally you get defensive, I didnt want to start a debate like this but I will stick with my wind theory tho

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just a point. If the course is playing so hard, why are there players under par?

Personally I think we're pampered with target golf and become so used to seeing it on TV.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not forgetting the course is almost 7,500 yds long.
Compare that to your home course.

Huge point. This is not a dinky links course where an old Darren Clarke or Tom Watson can plot their way around. They have to be precise and long. Tough combination when the wind is up and the greens shaved.

D

Deleted member 15344

Huge point. This is not a dinky links course where an old Darren Clarke or Tom Watson can plot their way around. They have to be precise and long. Tough combination when the wind is up and the greens shaved.

Poulter is far from the longest , in fact nowhere near , prob shorter than when Clarke won his open but his short game and second shot was superb which is the most important with this course

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Length's not an issue for these boys. Erin Hills was 7,700+ yards last year and the winning score was -16. Far bigger problems on this course than the length, but the length does mean guys have to hit longer clubs which in-turn brings the trouble into play so it does play a part, but isn't close to being the biggest factor to the difficulty.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Poulter is far from the longest , in fact nowhere near , prob shorter than when Clarke won his open but his short game and second shot was superb which is the most important with this course

Not the longest but not short either. I was commenting, to help casuk understand a little more, that this course is stretching the golfers. They can't take 5 iron off the tee followed by a 9 iron on to the green.

The margin for error here is small, it is a real test.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Best US Open for years already. No more American target golf boredom, some terrific shots being crafted into the wind and no one has even got on a roll on the greens yet. It’s like our county amateur when it’s played up at Cromer. Marvellous.

D

Deleted member 15344

Have sky switched over from the featured group yet ? Just broadcaster mainly focusing on three players with the odd snippet from a few others if they play a good shot. 70 plus players on the course and not really seen much more than the Woods group. Certainly are looking to enhance the viewing figures

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have sky switched over from the featured group yet ? Just broadcaster mainly focusing on three players with the odd snippet from a few others if they play a good shot. 70 plus players on the course and not really seen much more than the Woods group. Certainly are looking to enhance the viewing figures

Really??? I think the coverage has actually been pretty decent (apart from McGinley commentating but that's another issue). It's called a featured group for a reason. Hardly surprising they are getting a lot of coverage as DJ is leading. Sorry Phil, and without wanting to be contentious but this simply seems to be another dig at Sky. They don't even control the picture feeds

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

You could of course just switch it off
You don’t like the coverage ..... whinge
You don’t like the course set up ..... whinge

Don’t understand why you’re still watching it.....??:confused:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

That's not Sky's fault is it.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Length's not an issue for these boys. Erin Hills was 7,700+ yards last year and the winning score was -16. Far bigger problems on this course than the length, but the length does mean guys have to hit longer clubs which in-turn brings the trouble into play so it does play a part, but isn't close to being the biggest factor to the difficulty.

That depends on if you want to make the cut or if you want to win.