Dumbarnie Links

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17920

Haven’t seen anything on the forum regarding this new course opening in 2020 in Fife not far from Lundin links

https://dumbarnielinks.com/

Looks awesome however the green fee for the 1st year is another American target audience as its a whopping £235 a person for 18 holes.

For a new course this is eye watering. Kingsbarns at £312 is for me just unaffordable for one round.

I imagine that one at Coul near Dornoch will also be ridiculous money once its built.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Haven’t seen anything on the forum regarding this new course opening in 2020 in Fife not far from Lundin links

https://dumbarnielinks.com/

Looks awesome however the green fee for the 1st year is another American target audience as its a whopping £235 a person for 18 holes.

For a new course this is eye watering. Kingsbarns at £312 is for me just unaffordable for one round.

I imagine that one at Coul near Dornoch will also be ridiculous money once its built.

It's been discussed. I agree way too expensive however if the target audience pay the money they'll keep charging top dollar.

Looks phenomenal.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Only seen it from the road driving back from Elie. Looks beautiful from what I could see. Priced for the overseas visitors. Wonder if they’ll do a locals / winter rate ?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Only seen it from the road driving back from Elie. Looks beautiful from what I could see. Priced for the overseas visitors. Wonder if they’ll do a locals / winter rate ?

There is a 60% discount for Fife residents, course looks superb

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
been invited to some launch event there next year, TBH i'd never heard of it until i'd got the invite.

lucky for me no one else is the slightest bit interested in golf at HIAL

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The pics do look stunning, but £235 a round would need to offer something else, that’s a society fee for both Sunningdale or Berkshire courses with food etc.

I’m interested in the Coul Links one though since my lad is at RDGC now for the next 4 years, if it gets built in time, might get lucky.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The pics do look stunning, but £235 a round would need to offer something else, that’s a society fee for both Sunningdale or Berkshire courses with food etc.

I’m interested in the Coul Links one though since my lad is at RDGC now for the next 4 years, if it gets built in time, might get lucky.

don't hold your breath at the rate cost are rising even Dornoch will be more than £235 in a couple of years. Already £180 visitor fee

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Will it not be shut in the winter?

So sad that this market exists yet members clubs are closing down.

D

Deleted member 21258

Before a couple of years ago, I didn't even realise such markets existed, been quite an eye opener over the last couple of years, with some of the clubs visited.

I suppose the top Scotland courses are similar to the ones in Ireland, mainly overseas visitors ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Before a couple of years ago, I didn't even realise such markets existed, been quite an eye opener over the last couple of years, with some of the clubs visited.

I suppose the top Scotland courses are similar to the ones in Ireland, mainly overseas visitors ?
yes a great many at the moment its a no brainer for the yanks with the pound being soo weak, be a big shock for a great many places if the £ ever recovers and goes back to prev levels... though under the curent situation i can't see that happening

D

Deleted member 21258

I'd say yes, but it's easy to say it's worth that much when I didn't pay. Paying brings a level of expectation that is tough to factor in

Love that comment, how true. Looks like a lovely day/course.

Pictures looked grand and good find.(y)