US Open

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
What point are you trying to make?

The poayers arent playing bad on purpose, the scores are clearly bad so it must be pretty tough?

Not like we got a bad bunch of players this era

How can tour pros not adapt to these conditions that's my point iv watch almost every tournament this year and all those courses are a test with fast greens (Dubai open) and all have played fine low scores, and for me the only difference is the wind and all are doing poorly to what they did earlier in the year, I'm going to stop criticise players who are beter than I could dream of being and try and enjoy the rest of the tournament,

D

Deleted member 1418

If you read his previous posts he clearly states “he’s new to Golf”, so he’ll only see what his limited experience of playing & watching Golf is offering him, which as he states, is only the wind.

People are too quick at times to throw out the “trolling card”.

Are you now trolling with that post Robin?!!! 😂😂😂😂

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
you must be dead good.

you must have not read the full post I said I'm not that good,
I can use common sense and guess work to figure out were to aim my shot in the wind

so you are saying that these top top players cannot figure this out? its a pretty easy game sat in your chair at home, a touch more difficult when the rough 1 yard wide of the fairway is knee high.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thirteen under or level par. I think that's reasonable and don't forget players face both sides of the draw and so those out in the wind this afternoon go out earlier tomorrow when arguably the conditions will be more benign. The US Open is always set up as a war of attrition and it's the way the USGA want it. It's there event and they can do what they want. These are still the best players in the world and will simply have to find a way to keep it straight, keep patient and take chances when they present. I think it's a fascinating viewing spectacle

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
What Tiger is doing here is a prime example of why closely mown areas beneath the run-offs of greens are so much better from a course design perspective than thick rough. Tiger missed in the wrong spot and was rightly punished.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
so you are saying that these top top players cannot figure this out? its a pretty easy game sat in your chair at home, a touch more difficult when the rough 1 yard wide of the fairway is knee high.

Not at all I'm wondering why there not using the wind, if its dry why are they not laying up more than going for the pin, things like that, of course its easy to criticise sitting here watching its also easy for me to see that all these players are stuggleing in high winds, as for the rough the rough at the masters was thicker and more dence that this course but some hit 7.8.9 under