• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm enjoying it too
Always do ( US Open ) great spectacle
The pros should be made to work this hard more often
Before it all started, all pros I seen interviewed, none had complaints, all seemed to be of the opinion that the fairways were wide enough, and fair
Just don't miss them.......

The wind is obviously playing a part too
There's just some awfully bad swings, shot choices, being made by these so called superstars in the featured group

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Balance - don’t want a birdie fest but also don’t want a complete mess that we are seeing , I have no doubt that good shots will get punished

It’s gone the wrong way totally - need to find the middle ground and balance

I'm all for that, but they've gone from one extreme to the other.
Tiger's out later when it's supposed to be even harder.
I hope his twist face is working....

48 players currently within 5 shots of the lead. I'd say that's fair tbh. The featured group just hasn't adjusted their games to the conditions. They are meant to be some of the best players in the world, they should be able to adjust mid round.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I said in the other thread will say here too, would like to make it only the player and his caddie can search for a ball. If a steward spots it land he can flag but don’t think a dozen should be searching a wide area.

How is that any comparison to the rest of golf

D

Deleted member 15344

I said in the other thread will say here too, would like to make it only the player and his caddie can search for a ball. If a steward spots it land he can flag but don’t think a dozen should be searching a wide area.

Would you like the cameras turned off as well which has helped players find their balls ?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I must say I was disappointed with the earlier coverage just followed Rory's group and the commentary was boring to when it worked, glad the second half of coverage has commentators who are decent might see more groups too

D

Deleted member 16999

Have you never had a playing partner or someone else on a course find a ball for you?
Did you thank them or moan?
The game suffers enough with slow play without slowing it down further.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Golf in the US is slow enough as it is. Make that change and on courses like this you could be looking at 6hr rounds.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I must say I was disappointed with the earlier coverage just followed Rory's group and the commentary was boring to when it worked, glad the second half of coverage has commentators who are decent might see more groups too

That was the point of the coverage though, featured group coverage. Purely follow one group, see every shot.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Agree 100% with you.
The featured group were playing poorly.
Just started regular coverage now and hopefully Phil may prove to be overly hasty in his criticism of the USGA course set up, who knows.

D

Deleted member 15344

Agree 100% with you.
The featured group were playing poorly.
Just started regular coverage now and hopefully Phil may prove to be overly hasty in his criticism of the USGA course set up, who knows.

Currently just the two players under par ( and just under par ) - with 70 plus players over par. Whilst Rory is having a mare the list of players getting beaten up is growing , and the course is going to dry up which is going to make it worse

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd love to see these players play in some of the s**tholes iv played and see how they get on as the scores today are terrible with just a bit of wind that I play in all the time, Im sure some on here could give them a run for there money

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure what they are saying over there in the commentary, but over here they are saying that this is not the normal wind direction for this place. So like with the Links courses back home, they got designed with the normal wind in mind, so when it flips the other way the course can become unplayable very quickly.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd love to see these players play in some of the s**tholes iv played and see how they get on as the scores today are terrible with just a bit of wind that I play in all the time, Im sure some on here could give them a run for there money

in amongst some of the junk posted on here, this is up there with the best of them lol, very few on here would break 100 round here let alone be competing

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I just can't get over how bad they are all playing in a bit of wind the lowest score is -1, tour professionals who can't play in windy conditions