TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished Fallout last night. Very good from start to finish.
Binge watched this over yesterday/today. Very good indeed but with some plot holes.

Why it worked better than most other modern offerings is that it had decent character development and story evolution. Lucy wasn't automatically a bad-ass SFC without any reason other than because the story says so, she started off capable, innocent and naïve but you watch her develop hardness and cynicism. Maximus wasn't a bungling sidekick character but one that's worried, flawed and weak but develops real strength.

Mandofred

Visit site
Binge watched this over yesterday/today. Very good indeed but with some plot holes.

Why it worked better than most other modern offerings is that it had decent character development and story evolution. Lucy wasn't automatically a bad-ass SFC without any reason other than because the story says so, she started off capable, innocent and naïve but you watch her develop hardness and cynicism. Maximus wasn't a bungling sidekick character but one that's worried, flawed and weak but develops real strength.
Only watched 3? episodes so far....every time the ghoul/Cooper Howard character is on all I see is Boyd Crowder.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been watching Dark (Netflix) finished series 1 now on to S2

Sci Fi time travel theme with underlying conspiracy issues set in Germany during the mid, late 20th century and early 21st.

Bit hard to keep up with which character is which as you see them through each time period but worth the effort.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Only watched 3? episodes so far....every time the ghoul/Cooper Howard character is on all I see is Boyd Crowder.
Haha….

Been trying to watch this but it’s just boring me. Every time I try, I fall asleep. Never played the game so no preconceptions, like the idea and think it has a killer soundtrack but 4 episodes in and …….. 😴😴

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been watching Dark (Netflix) finished series 1 now on to S2

Sci Fi time travel theme with underlying conspiracy issues set in Germany during the mid, late 20th century and early 21st.

Bit hard to keep up with which character is which as you see them through each time period but worth the effort.
Wait until you get to season 3 🤣. Your mind will melt.

I thought it was fantastic overall.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
We've binged Baby Reindeer over the last two nights, amazing series.
Definitely a must watch 👌
See I like to savour stuff, finished Loudermilk tonight…taken about 2 months, gutted there are no more series! and the Gentleman at the weekend, I think taking it about 1 episode a week stopped it getting boring.
Still got about half a season of Saul left and just started Gamorrah! Slow and steady 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've watched the first four episodes of Nathan For You - what an extraordinary program. It's a good decade old but we'd never seen it before - a friend recommended it. Basically it's a parody of those reality help shows where someone tries to save a struggling business. So the 'victims' are real but obviously the guy 'helping' them is a comedian whose ideas are slightly far-fetched and create some hilarious situations. Episode 4 was just incredible.
Just bumping this to say, the last couple of episodes we watched last night are some of the funniest bits of TV I've ever seen. Some of the stuff he's done with members of the public is outrageous. (Last one of series 2 and first of series 3.)

Swango1980

Visit site
Finished Fallout

So, now I have to go and try and persevere with finishing Suits. I've no love for it anymore, but I'm on last season and it has become like a marathon. Horrible experience, but determined to make it to the end.

One thing that keeps me motivated is to try and see how many times each episode has a scene in which 2 or more people are talking, and then suddenly another person barges into the room (who has clearly been eavesdropping) and continues the same conversation, but by dropping some sort of bombshell to change the direction of that conversation.

Once I'm done with Suits, then I'll look for something else to move on to

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished Fallout

So, now I have to go and try and persevere with finishing Suits. I've no love for it anymore, but I'm on last season and it has become like a marathon. Horrible experience, but determined to make it to the end.

One thing that keeps me motivated is to try and see how many times each episode has a scene in which 2 or more people are talking, and then suddenly another person barges into the room (who has clearly been eavesdropping) and continues the same conversation, but by dropping some sort of bombshell to change the direction of that conversation.

Once I'm done with Suits, then I'll look for something else to move on to

Agree, suits was another show that was decent for 2-3 seasons then just kept milking it.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
See I like to savour stuff, finished Loudermilk tonight…taken about 2 months, gutted there are no more series! and the Gentleman at the weekend, I think taking it about 1 episode a week stopped it getting boring.
Still got about half a season of Saul left and just started Gamorrah! Slow and steady 👍

Gamorrah is truly epic, one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Gamorrah is truly epic, one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.

Yeah only 4 episodes in and I love it already…

Another series which is dying a death for us is Star Trek Discovery, I’m a fan but this is obviously written for a different kind of fan… Zoomers! 😁

It’s all gone a bit too “emotional” for me to carry on much longer!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah only 4 episodes in and I love it already…

Another series which is dying a death for us is Star Trek Discovery, I’m a fan but this is obviously written for a different kind of fan… Zoomers! 😁

It’s all gone a bit too “emotional” for me to carry on much longer!

I am watching the current series which is the last ever one and it is OK. Honestly it has never been as good as Strange New Worlds or Lower Decks. Cannot believe that the next series will be the last of Lower Decks as well.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Loudermilk was excellent, there are more series planned, just don't know when they will start. Originally planned for 7 seasons and they all still want to do that apparently.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am watching the current series which is the last ever one and it is OK. Honestly it has never been as good as Strange New Worlds or Lower Decks. Cannot believe that the next series will be the last of Lower Decks as well.
It’s not the inspirational speeches that every character has to break into every 10 minutes or the fact that Burnham, inspite of being a Starship captain and having a Vulcan upbringing is so over emotional in every situation, it’s the lingering, loving looks they all have to give each other now! It just grinds my gears!🤬

Gonna give Picard a go soon, bet there is none of that nonsense going on 😁

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s not the inspirational speeches that every character has to break into every 10 minutes or the fact that Burnham, inspite of being a Starship captain and having a Vulcan upbringing is so over emotional in every situation, it’s the lingering, loving looks they all have to give each other now! It just grinds my gears!🤬

Gonna give Picard a go soon, bet there is none of that nonsense going on 😁

You are correct, there is none of that nonsense in Picard plus it has Seven of Nine.