TV Box Set Recommendations

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Family guy, modern family are right up there. However, Curb Your Enthusiasm was one of those I could not stop watching. Think I watched all the series in about 2 weeks. Brilliant programme.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Spartacus- exceptional tv

Banshee- tick

Orange is the new Black- tick

Modern Family- excellent writing and we all know similar people.

Strike back- season 3-4 excellent, season 1-2 was like that tame ITV drama 'soldiers'

Walking Dead, great idea and storyline, totally ruined by OTT scenes of zombie body parts for he sake of it.

Another vote for 'When the boat comes in' old telly but a real goody, might look really dated now though.

I also gave up on Boardwalk Empire, been done better by many others previously.

adding Sons Of Anarchy to this- just finished the whole series........OMG!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Massive Sherlock fan...so tried Elementary but didn't enjoy the pilot much, thought it was a bit naff and didn't like the Sherlock character....not a huge fan of a female Watson either.....

So for anyone that's watched it all...does it get better or is it all like the first one?

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Massive Sherlock fan...so tried Elementary but didn't enjoy the pilot much, thought it was a bit naff and didn't like the Sherlock character....not a huge fan of a female Watson either.....

So for anyone that's watched it all...does it get better or is it all like the first one?

I really like elementary, much prefer it to Sherlock. Don't remember too much about the pilot but the series generally features on the development of Sherlock and watson's characters and their relationship. Albeit through the prism of criminal investigation.

Probably not much help to you, I'd say give it a chance but you need to just go with their conceit of making Watson female which changes the traditional dynamic somewhat although there's nothing sexual between them. In fact, there's more sexual tension between Holmes and Watson in the bbc's Sherlock.....

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
The Sopranos
The Wire

Set the standard IMO

Enjoying the Walking Dead now that I've started watching it.

Same as others, I also got bored of Boardwalk Empire and got I also bored of Sons of Anarchy after a few series despite really liking it at first. The English chap in the lead role started to irritate me. His American accent was awful as was his Cockney accent in the football hooligan film Green Street.

The inbetweeners is great for a laugh and I think there are a more than a few characters in the show that remind of people I went to school with.

Also enjoyed Lilyhammer. Just finished the 3rd series on Netflix.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really like elementary, much prefer it to Sherlock. Don't remember too much about the pilot but the series generally features on the development of Sherlock and watson's characters and their relationship. Albeit through the prism of criminal investigation.

Probably not much help to you, I'd say give it a chance but you need to just go with their conceit of making Watson female which changes the traditional dynamic somewhat although there's nothing sexual between them. In fact, there's more sexual tension between Holmes and Watson in the bbc's Sherlock.....

Thanks Karen......I'll give it a bash.....:thup: