My day out at Wentworth. By Aztecs27 aged 26 and 3/4

A

Alex1975

I LOVED reading this, it was like being there(so can i have your driver too plz :D). Sounds like you had a wonderful day that I would have really enjoyed.

One thing though, you never said anything about the fell of the club. Is it nice off the face, how is it compaired to your old diver for fell and performance. Did you just use the stock shafts, what shaft did you end up with?... did you fall in love?

Thanks for the great write up though mate, it was a really fun read,

A

Alex1975

I LOVED reading this, it was like being there(so can i have your driver too plz :D). Sounds like you had a wonderful day that I would have really enjoyed.

One thing though, you never said anything about the fell of the club. Is it nice off the face, how is it compaired to your old diver for fell and performance. Did you just use the stock shafts, what shaft did you end up with?... did you fall in love?

Thanks for the great write up though mate, it was a really fun read,

Sorry I was slow reading the OP and lots of people asked questions before I hit the Post button.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
To try and answer some of the questions;

grumps - just the R11. We were supposed to try out the Burner 2.0 Superfast driver, but we all just ended up with the R11. Don't think any of us minded! :D

Rickg - No word on dates, I presume it will be after the official launch in early feb. I'm sure Bossman Mike will keep us informed.

pokerjoke - Absolutely. It was amazing! I would love to be a tour fitter! Sounds like it's hard work but a really cool job.

Alex - Cheers! Not sure how this passed me by! The club feels lovely! It's got a really solid feel to it and although I'd be lying if I'd said it was "love at first sight/hit", that's because I couldn't get my rhythm and wasn't hitting it as well as I'd like, but I know for a fact, when I get it on the range, it will be a different story. :)

Compared to my SQ it feels much nicer to hit and I have no doubt it will be as long.

We just used the stock shafts they had which were a Reg and Stiff flex Fujikura's. I have a feeling screwback will be getting a slighly heavier (70ish grams) shaft in his though.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done Aztecs , sounds like you got the most you possibly could have out of the day. Be interesting to finally get one of these white drivers in my hands to see how it looks.

Pm has always come across as a decent bloke and this proves it for me.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well done Aztecs , sounds like you got the most you possibly could have out of the day. Be interesting to finally get one of these white drivers in my hands to see how it looks.

Pm has always come across as a decent bloke and this proves it for me.

I was skeptical about the white before today. I'm now a total convert.

And yea, it was a great day. It's weird, we didn't get the "proper" fitting that they offer at the lab (would have taken too long for all 3 of us). Yet the stuff we did get was more than what was needed and Sean literally knows everything there is to know about golf equipment! He was ridiculous!

edit: and the fact they gave me some tips to work on to help my slice etc...was the icing on the cake!

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great OP, jealousy is definately something I'm feeling.

Glad you had a great day and got all you could out of it!!
Also well done to GM for organising it all!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Good write up.

Really good story.

Screwback does hit a good ball. No lies, he puts it out there. Be interesting to see what he make of it.

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great write up and sounds like you had a brilliant day. Enjoy the R11 ! Hat's Off to Golf Monthly for organising another cracking prize day.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can only echo what others have said. Great write up and sounds like you had a super day. GM really do lay on some great opportunities for the forum so well done to Mike and the team.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Enjoyed reading that, would've enjoyed being the one who wrote it though! :D
Did you guys win it in a competition or were you just selected from the forum?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done mate, sounds like you had a fair day !! Tell us more about the German lass ;) I am sure all three of you did the forum proud.