My day out at Wentworth. By Aztecs27 aged 26 and 3/4

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A real 'money can't buy' experience - its what makes this forum great!!

Nice one guys, esp Aztecs for the write-up which captured the day nicely.

Question - did you get much of a chance to chat to PM or was it all techie talk? Be good to have gotten his take on the Ryder Cup and the upcoming year etc?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
A real 'money can't buy' experience - its what makes this forum great!!

Nice one guys, esp Aztecs for the write-up which captured the day nicely.

Question - did you get much of a chance to chat to PM or was it all techie talk? Be good to have gotten his take on the Ryder Cup and the upcoming year etc?

Not much of a chance (Neil from GM had him in the "interview room" for about 3 hours :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
GM really do know how to make you feel special don't they? To be honest I was just as pleased to meet Mike/Jezz in the flesh as I was any other part of the day.

What were your ball flight specs? carry spin etc... and shall we cross you off the 300yrd list? :)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh and the place impressed me so much, I already know what I'm asking for for my birthday (providing the TM Lab will do it for the new fairway woods) - payment for fitting of an R11 3 (and possibly) 5 wood at the TM Lab with Adrian, the guy who was on hand to help out today. That guy knows his golf and I'd love to have the opportunity to have my swing properly animated. You get to keep a DVD copy of all the animations to take away for analysis by your club pro etc...

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Followed him at the Wales Open last year for a few holes and he hit some lovely shots but was on the bubble for the cut. He ended up in the buker on 16 and his caddie got a right mothfull...he may be small, but he can bite :D

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
GM really do know how to make you feel special don't they? To be honest I was just as pleased to meet Mike/Jezz in the flesh as I was any other part of the day.

What were your ball flight specs? carry spin etc... and shall we cross you off the 300yrd list? :)

To be honest, I wasn't paying that much attention! To busy listening to the gurus and trying to figure out why I was swinging like a See You Next Tuesday! I know that my drives were alot shorter than 300 yards though! Wish I'd known what the spin was though, since I now know what it all means (a bit! :D)

No matter - as I said in my previous post, I'll be going back in April, all being well.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Excellent read, really pleased the day was such a memorable one for you :)

Can't wait to hear how Steve and Alan got on too!

Well done GM on organising such a fantastic experience for the forummers!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
GM really do know how to make you feel special don't they?
What were your ball flight specs? carry spin etc...

Sounds like you had a really great day. Congratulations. Not really interested in the above if I'm honest. More interested in this.....

Got chatting to the lovely Natalie. She's German, cant' play golf very well (yet) and loves working for TM. She also loves The Cotswolds.

Vot ver her baps like?
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
Sounded like an awesome day, did you know white is so last year. If you want to sell it I'll give ya £50 for it as its not in fashion anymore. Lol

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, this "BIG" day wasn't all it was made out to be then!!! Sounds rubbish, being at a world famous golf club, meeting top tour pros, and being fitted for the latest driver!! What a waste of a day's holiday. :D

Nice write up Aztec and nice one GM. Did you charm the pants off Natalie with stories about your MP57s???? :D

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Which version of the penta were you given?

On the side of the ball, does it say:

Penta TP
Penta/TP
or
Penta.TP

Penta/TP. I have no idea what the differences are though. :D

And I thought about telling the famous tale of my MP57's but after she'd pointed out that I wasn't wearing anything from the TaylorMade Adidas golf group, (and was mostly kitted out in Nike stuff) I felt a bit guilty.

I'm off to buy some Ashworth shirts and sweaters later today though :D

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
but after she'd pointed out that I wasn't wearing anything from the TaylorMade Adidas golf group, (and was mostly kitted out in Nike stuff) I felt a bit guilty.

So she is there solely to make you feel like you have a chance of playing with he assets should you be weearing TM/Adidas/Ashworth clothing.........

NOTE TO GM, I own all of the above brands, and play with tm branded clubs, i would have been happy to do a write up on any after fitting asset fondling activities too, just for forum fune like ;)

*grumble moan moan brumble *

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
but after she'd pointed out that I wasn't wearing anything from the TaylorMade Adidas golf group, (and was mostly kitted out in Nike stuff) I felt a bit guilty.

So she is there solely to make you feel like you have a chance of playing with he assets should you be weearing TM/Adidas/Ashworth clothing.........

NOTE TO GM, I own all of the above brands, and play with tm branded clubs, i would have been happy to do a write up on any after fitting asset fondling activities too, just for forum fune like ;)

*grumble moan moan brumble *

:D

I'm off out to buy me some Adidas golf shoes this afternoon too!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Aztect, before buying them check out www.golfshoesdirect.co.uk

when i wanted my footjoys, everyone was charging £99.00, i got them from these for £76 inc free delivery. Was tempted by the adidas tour 4.0 which were £140 everywhere, yet they were doing them @ £99.00

ive not found anyone on the net as cheap as these guys.