Top 'what a load of tosh' tips

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Might also solve the 'looking for an argument' guys too...

My 2 favourites...apart from the USPGA ball flight laws (done to death already)

1. Keep your head still. (Excludes putting)

2. The coil builds up energy

Yours?

Last edited by a moderator:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf is a very simple game - get the clubhead through the ball in the direction you want it to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
1) Anything Faldo ever said.. or says in the future.

2) Roll the wrists like a tennis shot

3) Swing between the gate posts

AxelBenito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
"You don't want to go in those trees".

Well I guess that isn't a bad tip, but too late saying it when the ball is mid air & drawing left!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Strange some of the top Pros do that, and it seem to work for them.:mmm: Keep your head down is the one to avoid, as it is difficult to swing when looking at your knee caps.

Your head stays beautifully still Rich... want me to upload it to Youtube for you?

It doesn't matter if your head moves a little, however, most people who constantly tell their partner that their head came up are usually wrong.

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Your head stays beautifully still Rich... want me to upload it to Youtube for you?

It doesn't matter if your head moves a little, however, most people who constantly tell their partner that their head came up are usually wrong.

No thanks James.

Interesting on the US golf thay have been showing a lot of swings in slow motion, and some of the younger players have incredibly still heads until well after they have hit the ball. Same in tennis, watch Federer hit a forehand and his head is absolutely still as he hits the ball. Just think a lot of amateurs make the game harder with excessive head movement, and haven't got the hand eye co-ordination to correct it in their swing.

Doesn't mean I can do it myself.:(

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Keeping the head still, which includes keeping it down of course as that;s the way you set up is a disaster! To prove my point, just try setting up with head either leaning against a wall or a door jamb. Now try and 'swing' without moving your head!

Keeping your head under control is a good thing however. Just check out Natalie Gulbis's or Paula Creamer's head drop or David Duval's or Annika Sorenstam's head turns.

However, the swing thought of a passive head - or even mine of topspin down the line tennis shout - can often be a good thing.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maintaining your spine angle is important. If your head goes up and down then generally the rest of your body will follow, which is not good.

Last edited: