Cobra Puma - "Smarter Ways 2018" ......what a day.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
What are the shoes like Andy - they look really nice but any time I have tried Puma they feel tight across the top

They are pretty soft and were comfy straight out of the box. I have only worn them for the day at Silvermere but they didn't rub and were great. I hit plenty of balls on the range and 18 holes will be the test, but, tbh I don't foresee any issues.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congrats, sounds great. Have always liked the look of the PUR wedges myself so be interesting to hear how you find them.

Tbh, I find all wedges pretty similar, with Vokey's just being a bit heavier. The PUR were great though. I hit a lot of shots and they felt lovely, good spin and I could control them nicely. Probably just me but I liked the fact that they were not huge heads, but not tiny either.

I changed to Cobra Fly Z forged irons late last year, things of beauty......enjoy!! :thup:

The Forged tour were great mate. I was really surprised at how well they felt and the flight was really good. I was pleasantly surprised with the forged 1 length too. Nutted a few 5 irons but it just felt weird and as there was no real gains between them and the standard irons, I went with what I knew.

Well in Andy. Glad you had a good one.

Great to see nice things happen to good people :thup:

Thanks mate. We need to make a plan soon !!!!

D

Deleted member 15344

I have to the Ignites were as comfy out the box as any shoe I’ve had

Tried them on and just didn’t fit right on the feet - just waiting for the sketchers to arrive in the pro shop and try those as they look very comfy

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
As part of the “Smarter Ways” project with Cobra Puma I played the second of the Euro-pro pro am’s yesterday at Caversham heath, so thought I’d update the thread as to how the seasons going with using the new bats and Arccos.

Firstly, the pro-am was a cracking day. 30 degree heat meant lots of water was required and we were lucky enough to play with a pro called Jack Bute. For those that have seen the Euro-pro on Sky, he’s the guy who was on “59 watch” at Montrose. He eventually finished second in that, but given he’s only turned pro this year, off +4 (but he was almost at +5) , he’s a young lad and one to watch out for. Safe to say, he tonked it and it was very impressive. Caversham was a nice enough course, loads of room off the tee and the greens were pure, very fast, and slopey. Some funky pins made for some interesting putting. I managed to play bang on handicap at 6 over and was pleased with that. I missed a few greens in the wrong places, and bogey’s were the best I could hope for. I fancy the pro’s to rip it up this week.

As to the season…..well, initially my exact handicap went up to 7.0, but after a decent run of form I’m now down to 5.8 and of the 9 qualifiers I’ve played this year, I’ve broken 80 7 times. Tracking my stats on Arccos and using the caddy function has helped me in that I’ve become more conservative off the tee, and, knowing my exact carry yardages has been useful given how firm the courses are playing. However, I still need to work on my driving which has been hit and miss this season. It’s more the workman than the tool, but my Arccos driving handicap / stats show that whilst my misses are not big, they are two way. I’m really enjoying the Forged tour irons, the PUR wedges and the F8 4w has become a serious weapon for me. This project has certainly made me focus this year, so fingers crossed I can now push on to get to my target 5 handicap target.

D

Deleted member 16999

Good write up mate, nice to see both you and the technology working well together.
Fingers crossed you hit your handicap target.