The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Traditionally of course United are bigger, but over the last five years they haven't been any better than us. In the old days when they took Berbatov, Carrick, Sheringham off us they were fighting for the league and we were trying to get Europa. It hasn't been that way lately, and I don't think this one season being similar to that erases the last 5-6 years.

Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see him going there, I'll just be very disappointed. Whereas if he goes City I say fair play and good luck. He could win it all in a few years and come back to us when he's 33. :LOL:

Im with you - kind of..

United cant guarantee trophies at this moment in time, only one team in England can and that is City.

They've won the league cup 4 times in a row and 5 out of 6 years.
They've won the league 3 out of the last 4 years
They go far in the FA cup too and won twice since 2010.

Its obscene.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
He papered over the cracks for years

We also shipped out a lot of potential good players to keep him

First half his career he was good for us but past 3 seasons at least he been on a down wood spiral and been holding us back drastically .. but we just stuck with him

Soucek and rice .. what a revelation a fluid midfield can do

So now you're saying because hes older hes rubbish? Of course he will get worse as he gets older - and should be replaced by younger, brighter stars - but why on earth you're slating a club legend I do not know.

I can bet he was one of the best players you had when you were in the championship - he stayed loyal when he could have left and stayed in the prem.. because he was good enough! Appreciate that, its not common in football.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So now you're saying because hes older hes rubbish? Of course he will get worse as he gets older - and should be replaced by younger, brighter stars - but why on earth you're slating a club legend I do not know.

I can bet he was one of the best players you had when you were in the championship - he stayed loyal when he could have left and stayed in the prem.. because he was good enough! Appreciate that, its not common in football.

He couldn't have left because nobody ever came in for him .

It's the instance on playing him when we had better options

And the instance of shoe horning him in

Moyes has now phased him out and it's better

And when rice went out he did s good job because he played with soucek rather than being shoe horned into the midfield to play in with rice and soucek getting in the way

One of rice or soucek to do his running whilst he passes around the ball that's fine

But him trying to run the midfield still and chase shadows doesn't work

He isn't Gareth Barry

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry, but if Kane does go to City - the league is over before a ball is kicked, Id expect them to push to beat the record point tally too! He is injury prone though!

Liverpool need a goal scoring striker (20+) to compete with a City team that includes Kane.

The gap between City and everyone else this season is big already, throw in the prems best striker and its absolutely outragous.

The gap is don’t think is that big tbh - it’s been a strange old season and I think next year even if City get Kane the gap will be a lot smaller - obviously depending on injuries we will be a lot closer , Klopp won’t get in the striker but someone for the front three may well arrive depending on outgoings. I can next season being a belter providing teams don’t suffer big injury issues

Disagree - anyone good enough to lace their boots in that many top tier games, for multiple managers is an above average player. Not top 4/6 level but those are the elite.

Unfortunately people when they rate players can’t see the middle area where a lot of Prem players sit -and that’s where the likes of Noble will be - he is a very good footballer - you don’t play that many games at the top level if you aren’t. Fans used to say the same about players like Henderson etc - some fans will never appreciate the players they have at the club.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can't believe we're slandering Nobes when we should be mocking the Spuds.

As for the booing, abuse etc, I'm more inclined to give the Spurs fans a break. When you have owners/execs who are running the club badly, it's really easy to let the frustration and helplessness get the better of you. I would put west ham and arsenal in the same bucket as spurs in this respect. Fans whose owners aren't ***** should politely dismount from their high horses, vacate the moral high ground and just be pleased that they're not in the same position. Of course, thats just too hard an ask for some...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

As for the booing, abuse etc, I'm more inclined to give the Spurs fans a break. When you have owners/execs who are running the club badly, it's really easy to let the frustration and helplessness get the better of you. I would put west ham and arsenal in the same bucket as spurs in this respect. Fans whose owners aren't ***** should politely dismount from their high horses, vacate the moral high ground and just be pleased that they're not in the same position. Of course, thats just too hard an ask for some...

We can't mock spurs until we get a final point.

D

Deleted member 15344

i guess it will down to whats classed as running the club badly ?

Are Spurs being run badly ? Brand new stadium , solid top 8 team , the same sort of level they have been for the past 20 years or more , they purchase players etc

But if the fans believe the club should be top 4 challenging for titles and CL then they could see the club as being run badly

They built the new stadium to help them increase the level of funds to spend - Covid won’t help that , they do seem to have shot themselves in the foot when it comes to sacking Pochettino

It’s a tough battle at the top -there is the current top 4 - City , Liverpool, UTD and Chelsea - then there are a number of pretenders below battling to knock one or more of them out - Leicester, Spurs , Everton , Arsenal etc . It’s proper cut throat

But it was the first game back in months , the team needs the points to get into Europe and it will need the fans to get behind the players - instead the booed , counter productive imo

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

100%. This isn't Arsene out and that ****. This is fans pissed off at owners who don't care. Same as us. All for it.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's what you will never understand, results aren't everything.

sorry but results are all that matters

If Spurs were battling for the title or CL place then they wouldn’t be booing - they started booing last night as soon as the team started losing , they were very cheerful when Spurs went ahead

Spurs fans expect the team to be doing better on the pitch , they expect the team to be better and getting better results

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The gap is don’t think is that big tbh - it’s been a strange old season and I think next year even if City get Kane the gap will be a lot smaller - obviously depending on injuries we will be a lot closer , Klopp won’t get in the striker but someone for the front three may well arrive depending on outgoings. I can next season being a belter providing teams don’t suffer big injury issues

Unfortunately people when they rate players can’t see the middle area where a lot of Prem players sit -and that’s where the likes of Noble will be - he is a very good footballer - you don’t play that many games at the top level if you aren’t. Fans used to say the same about players like Henderson etc - some fans will never appreciate the players they have at the club.

I certainly hope its a hot contest, but I do fear you have slightly red tinted glasses Phil ;)

A walkover league is not fun, and not entertaining, the beauty of the prem is that we dont have the same winners year in, year out - and I hope that continues! Last season and the year before when Liverpool and City were going back and forth, winning 30+ games in the process is what I want to see.

And I think we can all agree - Its lovely to see United doing nothing :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
sorry but results are all that matters

If Spurs were battling for the title or CL place then they wouldn’t be booing - they started booing last night as soon as the team started losing , they were very cheerful when Spurs went ahead

Spurs fans expect the team to be doing better on the pitch , they expect the team to be better and getting better results
Have to say I agree. Maybe just me, but I wouldn't have been bothered about José's style of play if he actually got us top 4 this season, or a trophy. It's the fact that the football is poor AND we're losing that rankles.

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you currently/when did you give up your season ticket?

Sorry I’m not sure what the relevance is ?‍♂️

I have never been lucky enough to have a season ticket in my name but would jump at the chance if it came about

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Why are you asking him that?

Because the only way I can understand the only results matter mentality, is if you've never been involved. I imagine you are the same?

When you go every week and plan weekends up and down the country, something changes. It's not about results. You see multiple generations doing as they have for years and you want that to continue. You want owners that respect that. The best season I ever had as a fan was our last championship season.