The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Hardly the same

Kane is fantastic , world's best

Noble is a below average pro who found his level? Infact if he wasn't academy player he would have been shipped out.
Being the “World’s Best” does not give him an automatic right to win trophies, that’s the point! It’s sentimental rubbish.

Kane will improve any team, but suggest he deserves a trophy anymore than any other Pro is daft.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
United are afraid to spend cash though

I mean Bruno, what a signing

Maguire was the signing they needed at the time

Wan bassaka aswell

Good players at expensive fees

Spurs wasted 70 mil on nbomdele and Sanchez has been a disaster
Well we can all cherry pick? Utd wasted money on Van de Beek, Fred, Dalot, Alexis Sanchez, etc. I never said they wouldn't spend what Kane will cost. I just mean it would be disappointing if he went there, because to my mind it would say he lied and it was actually about money rather than trophies.

Ndombele is fantastic by the way. He was one of our better players for a lot of this season. Mason has literally dropped him for no reason, but he's not a manager so can't read much into that. You're moaning that we didn't spend enough earlier, now we spent too much so which is it? In all seriousness, it was buying nobody in 2018/19 that was the killer for Poch. We really burned out at the end of that season, getting the Champs final was a bit of luck really. Poch was mentally drained after that as well and didn't have it in him anymore.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well we can all cherry pick? Utd wasted money on Van de Beek, Fred, Dalot, Alexis Sanchez, etc. I never said they wouldn't spend what Kane will cost. I just mean it would be disappointing if he went there, because to my mind it would say he lied and it was actually about money rather than trophies.

Ndombele is fantastic by the way. He was one of our better players for a lot of this season. Mason has literally dropped him for no reason, but he's not a manager so can't read much into that. You're moaning that we didn't spend enough earlier, now we spent too much so which is it? In all seriousness, it was buying nobody in 2018/19 that was the killer for Poch. We really burned out at the end of that season, getting the Champs final was a bit of luck really. Poch was mentally drained after that as well and didn't have it in him anymore.

Wasted money yes but not their only signings

Look at Doherty, why did you sign him to hardly play Him?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We did play him and he was bloody crap! He only cost £15m anyway which is nothing these days. Now we know why! Wolves knew something we didn't. :unsure:

Knew how to play him lol he was one of the best players for them last year

But didn't you buy a player who's been playing fantastic as basically a winger and try him at right back? Poor recruitment

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Knew how to play him lol he was one of the best players for them last year

But didn't you buy a player who's been playing fantastic as basically a winger and try him at right back? Poor recruitment
I agree it was pointless to buy him unless we were going to play wing backs. I'm not sure why we've gone down this rabbit hole though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hardly the same

Kane is fantastic , world's best

Noble is a below average pro who found his level? Infact if he wasn't academy player he would have been shipped out.

Played over 400 games at the top level - would suggest that he is more than a “below average pro” and his early years ignored based on current level. But then that’s West Ham fans and their treatment of the team and players - no surprise they have their best season in decades when the toxic atmosphere isn’t there

I'd be annoyed if he goes to United, because honestly I don't think they're in a massively better state than us. Yes they've done quite well this season and finished higher than us, but generally they don't have a top squad or a top manager. On paper no better than us, we've just under-performed and they've over-performed. The only team I can realistically see him joining is City, because they tick all the boxes - guaranteed trophies and can afford him. I don't think Liverpool would stump up the cash, I don't think Levy would sell to Chelsea or that Kane would leave us for them, and if the stories around the Euro Super League were true then Real, Barca, Juve etc all don't have a pot to pee in! PSG is possible with the Poch factor, but I think Kane is too competitive to go to such a poor league.

Man Utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world and will have CL - they are a level up from Spurs , who have had a couple seasons of CL and a big stadium, there is no doubt that Kane would jump to go to UTD just like many players have in the past and will continue to do so - they have the pull and the money. Kane is going to have a better chance of winning trophies at Man Utd

But he will prob end up at City to replace Aguero - and whilst he is world class i don’t see the title being done and dusted if they do get him

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played over 400 games at the top level - would suggest that he is more than a “below average pro” and his early years ignored based on current level. But then that’s West Ham fans and their treatment of the team and players - no surprise they have their best season in decades when the toxic atmosphere isn’t there

Man Utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world and will have CL - they are a level up from Spurs , who have had a couple seasons of CL and a big stadium, there is no doubt that Kane would jump to go to UTD just like many players have in the past and will continue to do so - they have the pull and the money. Kane is going to have a better chance of winning trophies at Man Utd

But he will prob end up at City to replace Aguero - and whilst he is world class i don’t see the title being done and dusted if they do get him

And if you actually read my posts I've said that myself .. so your clever little comment is just a copy of my own observations

So again showing you don't know much ?

D

Deleted member 15344

And if you actually read my posts I've said that myself .. so your clever little comment is just a copy of my own observations

So again showing you don't know much ?

?‍♂️
You said he is a below average pro

I said a below average pro doesn’t play over 400 games at the top level , so I don’t believe is a below average pro ?‍♂️- was there there somewhere else where you said that ?‍♂️

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Sorry, but if Kane does go to City - the league is over before a ball is kicked, Id expect them to push to beat the record point tally too! He is injury prone though!

Liverpool need a goal scoring striker (20+) to compete with a City team that includes Kane.

The gap between City and everyone else this season is big already, throw in the prems best striker and its absolutely outragous.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
?‍♂️
You said he is a below average pro

I said a below average pro doesn’t play over 400 games at the top level , so I don’t believe is a below average pro ?‍♂️- was there there somewhere else where you said that ?‍♂️

He is below average.

Being part of a poor west ham side who scrap through the premier League survival every year at the time doesn't make you above average or even average

Not a good player at all

But can take a pen.

If he was any good a club would have bought him during relegation or at another time.

Also I've said since last season we are better without the fans. So .. clever comments are just stupid ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Traditionally of course United are bigger, but over the last five years they haven't been any better than us. In the old days when they took Berbatov, Carrick, Sheringham off us they were fighting for the league and we were trying to get Europa. It hasn't been that way lately, and I don't think this one season being similar to that erases the last 5-6 years.

Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see him going there, I'll just be very disappointed. Whereas if he goes City I say fair play and good luck. He could win it all in a few years and come back to us when he's 33. :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Traditionally of course United are bigger, but over the last five years they haven't been any better than us. In the old days when they took Berbatov, Carrick, Sheringham off us they were fighting for the league and we were trying to get Europa. It hasn't been that way lately, and I don't think this one season being similar to that erases the last 5-6 years.

Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see him going there, I'll just be very disappointed. Whereas if he goes City I say fair play and good luck. He could win it all in a few years and come back to us when he's 33. :LOL:

Long as he beats Shearer's record

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
He is below average.

Being part of a poor west ham side who scrap through the premier League survival every year at the time doesn't make you above average or even average

Not a good player at all

But can take a pen.

If he was any good a club would have bought him during relegation or at another time.

Also I've said since last season we are better without the fans. So .. clever comments are just stupid ?

Disagree - anyone good enough to lace their boots in that many top tier games, for multiple managers is an above average player. Not top 4/6 level but those are the elite.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Just like Sheringham did, he went to Man United and he won the lot

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Disagree - anyone good enough to lace their boots in that many top tier games, for multiple managers is an above average player. Not top 4/6 level but those are the elite.

He papered over the cracks for years

We also shipped out a lot of potential good players to keep him

First half his career he was good for us but past 3 seasons at least he been on a down wood spiral and been holding us back drastically .. but we just stuck with him

Soucek and rice .. what a revelation a fluid midfield can do

D

Deleted member 15344

He is below average.

Not a good player at all

But can take a pen.

What sort of level do you think players who float around the championship, league 1 , 2 etc

There are approximately 5000 professional footballers in England I believe it is - only the top 5% play regularly in the Premiership- and you think some who has played over 400 games at the top level is below average ? Nonsense

He isn’t world class or a top top player but any solid Premiership player who has played regularly in the Premier league is a very good footballer as well as playing a significant amount of times for international levels.

I must also apologise for not remembering what you said last season ? how could I forget what you said - as for clever comments who was it that called Liverpool “unbearable” 30 mins ago - maybe look in the mirror before pointing fingers.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What sort of level do you think players who float around the championship, league 1 , 2 etc

There are approximately 5000 professional footballers in England I believe it is - only the top 5% play regularly in the Premiership- and you think some who has played over 400 games at the top level is below average ? Nonsense

He isn’t world class or a top top player but any solid Premiership player who has played regularly in the Premier league is a very good footballer as well as playing a significant amount of times for international levels.

I must also apologise for not remembering what you said last season ? how could I forget what you said - as for clever comments who was it that called Liverpool “unbearable” 30 mins ago - maybe look in the mirror before pointing fingers.

You are Liverpool and you are unbearable? I'd say the comment was factually correct ?