The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29109

How can they do that? First game back. Shocking.
I went to Spurs v Chelsea a few years ago at Wembley. Spurs were winning 3-0 ans some of the Spurs fans were booing and complaining. The atmosphere was so flat. I've never witnessed anything like it.

If Leeds were beaten any team, never mind a local rival 3-0 Elland Road would be bouncing.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well after such an up and down season we still have a chance to get in CL , win against Palace - when considering the level of injuries this seasons it’s a great end result if we make it

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Be fair, we are absolute :poop: though.

P.S. Dunno if you saw the report but our tickets for this game were more expensive than any other team apparently. Justified? Yeah...
And the banners and advertising were more important than the fans! Bizarre that those fans that were in had to get a nosebleed instead of being down by the pitch.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Vital win tonight

6th place is very much in our hands

Just a point required

I think we will get the point. Nothing to do with Southampton being the game so it's not disrespecting them, it's just this is a record breaking season (for the club)

Most wins in a premier League season
Most away wins
Level most points total (that's why I think we will get a point to seal the most)
Never finished above arsenal in premier League history ...completed that lol

So much better than last season

Team looks tired but still has its togetherness

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just seen Kane’s walk around the pitch at the end. That’s a cheerio walk, not a thanks for this year see you next.☹️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen Kane’s walk around the pitch at the end. That’s a cheerio walk, not a thanks for this year see you next.☹️

Bloke deserves better, like when rice leaves I will thank him and wish him well

Few years back when spurs were looking good and building around him yes he was getting what he needed

But the no buying players for 4 windows was it whilst the squad aged around him was criminal

Always said you need to spend 30-40 million just to stand still in the league with players aging etc and others improving around

This year will be less due to covid money will be tight

But kane needs to go now..he's given his best years to spurs and got nothing to show for it

Let him get least one trophy

D

Deleted member 16999

Bloke deserves better, like when rice leaves I will thank him and wish him well

Few years back when spurs were looking good and building around him yes he was getting what he needed

But the no buying players for 4 windows was it whilst the squad aged around him was criminal

Always said you need to spend 30-40 million just to stand still in the league with players aging etc and others improving around

This year will be less due to covid money will be tight

But kane needs to go now..he's given his best years to spurs and got nothing to show for it

Let him get least one trophy
What a load of tosh, they gave him a contract worth £10 mil a year, please let’s not get all starry eyed about deserving trophies.

Spurs have looked after him and he’s been handsomely rewarded.

Some Pro’s dedicate their lives to virtually 1 Club for way less than he’s on.

No Footballer “deserves” a trophy.

Yes he’s one of the World’s best, but please let’s not try and make out he’s been hard done to.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a load of tosh, they gave him a contract worth £10 mil a year, please let’s not get all starry eyed about deserving trophies.

Spurs have looked after him and he’s been handsomely rewarded.

Some Pro’s dedicate their lives to virtually 1 Club for way less than he’s on.

No Footballer “deserves” a trophy.

Yes he’s one of the World’s best, but please let’s not try and make out he’s been hard done to.

Yes and no

They gave him contract yes, was well paid yes

However they had a squad on verge of something special and under invested

A few shrewed buys and they would have been title contenders

If neutral hat on I'd like to see United buy him and rice as that would put them back as a title contender

If he goes city they will be unstoppable

At Liverpool they would be unbearable

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes and no

If neutral hat on I'd like to see United buy him and rice as that would put them back as a title contender

So it’s a team game, I’m not for one minute underestimating his ability, but without Kane the Teams you mention will probably win trophies anyway.

Maybe City should sign Mark Noble and guarantee him a trophy, he’s a perfect example of a Pro whose career and loyalty deserves a Winner’s medal.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes and no

I'd be annoyed if he goes to United, because honestly I don't think they're in a massively better state than us. Yes they've done quite well this season and finished higher than us, but generally they don't have a top squad or a top manager. On paper no better than us, we've just under-performed and they've over-performed. The only team I can realistically see him joining is City, because they tick all the boxes - guaranteed trophies and can afford him. I don't think Liverpool would stump up the cash, I don't think Levy would sell to Chelsea or that Kane would leave us for them, and if the stories around the Euro Super League were true then Real, Barca, Juve etc all don't have a pot to pee in! PSG is possible with the Poch factor, but I think Kane is too competitive to go to such a poor league.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So it’s a team game, I’m not for one minute underestimating his ability, but without Kane the Teams you mention will probably win trophies anyway.

Maybe City should sign Mark Noble and guarantee him a trophy, he’s a perfect example of a Pro whose career and loyalty deserves a Winner’s medal.

Hardly the same

Kane is fantastic , world's best

Noble is a below average pro who found his level? Infact if he wasn't academy player he would have been shipped out.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd be annoyed if he goes to United, because honestly I don't think they're in a massively better state than us. Yes they've done quite well this season and finished higher than us, but generally they don't have a top squad or a top manager. On paper no better than us, we've just under-performed and they've over-performed. The only team I can realistically see him joining is City, because they tick all the boxes - guaranteed trophies and can afford him. I don't think Liverpool would stump up the cash, I don't think Levy would sell to Chelsea or that Kane would leave us for them, and if the stories around the Euro Super League were true then Real, Barca, Juve etc all don't have a pot to pee in! PSG is possible with the Poch factor, but I think Kane is too competitive to go to such a poor league.

United are afraid to spend cash though

I mean Bruno, what a signing

Maguire was the signing they needed at the time

Wan bassaka aswell

Good players at expensive fees

Spurs wasted 70 mil on nbomdele and Sanchez has been a disaster