The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

It's actually revenue, hence why it's annoying. We aren't worth 500 mil, we don't own a stadium and we have 2 sub par training grounds in poorer areas of London.

I'd love to be like man city, I know you are sceptical. But they don't need the money, it's a notch on their belt and a bragging tool. Everything they've touched has been for the long term benefit of the club and that old industrial area in Manchester.

I hope you do get lucky and manage to get season ticket, I guarantee your outlook on football will change.
Applications for Season Ticket waiting list currently closed, current list has over 20,000 people on and some have waited over 15yrs to get the chance to purchase one.

One of the hardest Season Tickets to get in European Football.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He is .
My main point is he is one of the worlds best finishers.
But has been playing a bit deeper as well this year. Klopp likes that.
Put him in City or Liverpool’s team and he would walk the golden boot
If both teams met the asking price I wonder where he would go?

think hes made it pretty clear already city is his destination of choice

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Applications for Season Ticket waiting list currently closed, current list has over 20,000 people on and some have waited over 15yrs to get the chance to purchase one.

One of the hardest Season Tickets to get in European Football.
I don't think they want season ticket holders so much now. They make much more selling packages to overseas fans. They come, spend money in the shop, repeat for every home game as it is a different person. This model makes getting a season ticket even more difficult although not for the reasons that impact most clubs.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Because the only way I can understand the only results matter mentality, is if you've never been involved. I imagine you are the same?

When you go every week and plan weekends up and down the country, something changes. It's not about results. You see multiple generations doing as they have for years and you want that to continue. You want owners that respect that. The best season I ever had as a fan was our last championship season.
Do agree with this in some respects. Had a friend that I used to play footie with and he was a massive City fan, followed them all over the country (particularly when they went through the bad patch of multiple relegations) but when the Sheikh came in, he had no interest, got rid of his season ticket and started following his local team instead. Lost all of his enjoyment when they suddenly had more money than Bill Gates as it just wasn't the same for him anymore.
Someone has already said on this thread, so many teams play not to lose now instead of trying to win because the financial rewards for staying up are so big.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes . If so think we are going to need a top goalscorer to stay with you.

No we don’t- the way the team plays doesn’t rely on one top goalscorer, we need to keep two of our top CB’s fit , get some more goals form the middle and maybe one more for the front three to rotate though to replace Origi. Surely you can see now that Klopps team set up doesn’t rely on that “top goalscorer”. And also look at the goal scoring charts over the last 3/4 years and see whose name appears in the top 2 each season

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No we don’t- the way the team plays doesn’t rely on one top goalscorer, we need to keep two of our top CB’s fit , get some more goals form the middle and maybe one more for the front three to rotate though to replace Origi. Surely you can see now that Klopps team set up doesn’t rely on that “top goalscorer”. And also look at the goal scoring charts over the last 3/4 years and see whose name appears in the top 2 each season
Does he want to set up that way though or is it out of necessity due to the options he has? A consistent goalscoring striker never hurt anyone. If you took Firmino out and replaced him with someone who can do what he does and score goals (i.e. someone like Kane) then the team is immediately better.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry but I disagree.
Kane could play the role Bobby does he’s proved that for Spurs and England.
The difference is Kane finishes the chances he gets Firmino dosnt.

How many goals are we going to get from our midfield Gini,Fabinho,Tiago,Not noted for their goals.
Lots of ifs and buts.
We make shedloads of chances but don’t take them or we would be there with city. Imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Does he want to set up that way though or is it out of necessity due to the options he has? A consistent goalscoring striker never hurt anyone. If you took Firmino out and replaced him with someone who can do what he does and score goals (i.e. someone like Kane) then the team is immediately better.

He plays that way because it brings out the best in all three of the front players and why he also brought in Jota in the summer , someone who can slot into any of the three spots. If the club do spend a significant amount of money on the front three it would be for someone like Mbappe or Sancho - not Kane

Sorry but I disagree.
Kane could play the role Bobby does he’s proved that for Spurs and England.
The difference is Kane finishes the chances he gets Firmino dosnt.

How many goals are we going to get from our midfield Gini,Fabinho,Tiago,Not noted for their goals.
Lots of ifs and buts.
We make shedloads of chances but don’t take them or we would be there with city. Imo.

Of course you’re going to disagree - you have been banging the striker drum for three years now , if you can’t see that Klopp doesn’t see that way now you never will - we have matched City through the years

And the reason why he wants to get Ox playing more is because he brings more goals from midfield - and why he is desperate for Keita to keep fit plus you can see the impact Thiago has by moving higher up the pitch when Fabinho is there.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He plays that way because it brings out the best in all three of the front players and why he also brought in Jota in the summer , someone who can slot into any of the three spots. If the club do spend a significant amount of money on the front three it would be for someone like Mbappe or Sancho - not Kane

Of course you’re going to disagree - you have been banging the striker drum for three years now , if you can’t see that Klopp doesn’t see that way now you never will - we have matched City through the years

And the reason why he wants to get Ox playing more is because he brings more goals from midfield - and why he is desperate for Keita to keep fit plus you can see the impact Thiago has by moving higher up the pitch when Fabinho is there.
The chances we create in every game that we miss is very frustrating.
The midfield just don’t score goals .
This forum is about opinions mine is we need a goalscorer you don’t think so that’s fine.
Klopp the manager and I get his formation but that dosnt mean I can’t disagree with it

But Kane imo would score 30+ in the side.
Firmino 9 this season.
So 20 + goals a season would have us champions not City.
Ox is worse than Matip for injuries.
That Fabinho hasn’t been there is Klopp biggest mistake imo he dismantled the midfield to cover the CBS when the young lads should have been in from the start leaving the middle at full strength.

Who would you have in the team given a choice Firmino or Kane playing the same role?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There’s no way am reading through the last five pages of where Kane is going.But a few observations..

Aguero is leaving.
City need a striker.
Jesus is not Aguero.
City are linked with Haaland,Mbappe,Ings, Kane.
Kane says he is leaving.
2 and 2 don’t always make 4.
City are miles ahead of everyone else.

Theres so much being said, a lot of what is hearsay, the latest being that Levy at Spuds has said “ we have taken our eye of the team whilst building the stadium”. Hmm didn’t that happen at Arsenal.
The bottom line Harry Kane is in danger of turning Alan Shearer in to the second best highest scoring striker that won hardly anything. One bought prem trophy at Blackburn. Shearer went to his home town club Newcastle. Kane has done it the other way round. As it stands Kane could be the highest scoring prem league player that has an empty trophy cabinet. How’s that right. It’s not as if you can say he stayed at Spurs for the money.
So do all rds leave to City, ?. Ave enjoyed this season as a neutral. theres been some right shocking results. It’s been ace. But City streets ahead. Yeah only coz the also runs have been shocking. Not coz City have been brilliant. City money should not mask the rubbish football that has been played at times by Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Everton, and Spurs. Yet the also rans eg,Villa, West Ham, Everton, Leicester have all been knocking on the door or top four and again have fell away. That’s the football mentioned and we have not even got onto the point of how poor some of these clubs are run Arsenal, Spurs and Utd spring to mind not forgetting Newcastle’s long suffering fans.
Ave a feeling this transfer window is gonna be interesting

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
He is .
My main point is he is one of the worlds best finishers.
But has been playing a bit deeper as well this year. Klopp likes that.
Put him in City or Liverpool’s team and he would walk the golden boot
If both teams met the asking price I wonder where he would go?

With the injuries Liverpool have had this season, he would get better care at Liverpool ? they have the experience.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There’s no way am reading through the last five pages of where Kane is going.But a few observations..

Aguero is leaving.
City need a striker.
Jesus is not Aguero.
City are linked with Haaland,Mbappe,Ings, Kane.
Kane says he is leaving.
2 and 2 don’t always make 4.
City are miles ahead of everyone else.

Theres so much being said, a lot of what is hearsay, the latest being that Levy at Spuds has said “ we have taken our eye of the team whilst building the stadium”. Hmm didn’t that happen at Arsenal.
The bottom line Harry Kane is in danger of turning Alan Shearer in to the second best highest scoring striker that won hardly anything. One bought prem trophy at Blackburn. Shearer went to his home town club Newcastle. Kane has done it the other way round. As it stands Kane could be the highest scoring prem league player that has an empty trophy cabinet. How’s that right. It’s not as if you can say he stayed at Spurs for the money.
So do all rds leave to City, ?. Ave enjoyed this season as a neutral. theres been some right shocking results. It’s been ace. But City streets ahead. Yeah only coz the also runs have been shocking. Not coz City have been brilliant. City money should not mask the rubbish football that has been played at times by Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Everton, and Spurs. Yet the also rans eg,Villa, West Ham, Everton, Leicester have all been knocking on the door or top four and again have fell away. That’s the football mentioned and we have not even got onto the point of how poor some of these clubs are run Arsenal, Spurs and Utd spring to mind not forgetting Newcastle’s long suffering fans.
Ave a feeling this transfer window is gonna be interesting

‘One brought prem trophy’ oh the irony ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ave enjoyed this season as a neutral. theres been some right shocking results. It’s been ace.

Picking up on just this bit of your post I'd say that for the neutral it has been one of the most disappointing PL seasons ever. The title was pretty much wrapped up several weeks ago. The bottom three has been almost certain for a while, even if Fulham did try to make it interesting with a couple of results. To me the best seasons are the ones where you go in to the last day with the league title on the line or with 2/3 clubs needing a result to avoid relegation. This season has just been a bit "meh" with no real interest from middle of April onward.