The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Feels like an irrational dislike of Pickford. The reality is if Southgate did not want him to kick it he would have stopped it, you continue blaming Pickford for a tactic he may have been made to use. You have absolutely no idea and talk like you were there.

There were lots of things that were annoying that lots of players did, i am, not going to blame them though without understanding who is getting them to do it and why with the odds being it's the manager and coaching team and now he is gone I am sure we may find out a little more.
Agreed.
If your passing to the keeper straight from the kick off so he can lump it ,that’s tactical

4LEX

Visit site
All the noises I hear from City at the moment are Pep will extend by another year giving him Two seasons at City. If that is the case I am torn. He is eventually going to leave City. I would sooner him have a Year any City and then 4/5 in the England job coz quite frankly I got to a stage where watching England has been rammel.

No idea on the local news but next summer will be 10 years and ideal for him to move on! He's stayed with City longer than his boyhood club. Get him out of there!

4LEX

Visit site
Agreed.
If your passing to the keeper straight from the kick off so he can lump it ,that’s tactical

Yep going long was the right way to beat the press and high line, unfortunately to do that you needed a striker who could hold it up and one that could run behind. Guess what? We had two of those on the bench and instead he started one of his favourites who couldn't do either.

Thank god he's gone and will most likely be managing Man Utd in 3-4 months.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep going long was the right way to beat the press and high line, unfortunately to do that you needed a striker who could hold it up and one that could run behind. Guess what? We had two of those on the bench and instead he started one of his favourites who couldn't do either.

Yes I can’t belive they admitted Kane was carrying an injury.
Most of us could see that from the first game.

Swango1980

Visit site

I think if ETH gets the sack in 3-4 months, I can see Ruud Van Nistlerooy taking his place.

And if Southgate hasn't got a managerial job in 3-4 months, that should be another sign to INEOS that no club of any real quality want the guy as their manager.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think if ETH gets the sack in 3-4 months, I can see Ruud Van Nistlerooy taking his place.

And if Southgate hasn't got a managerial job in 3-4 months, that should be another sign to INEOS that no club of any real quality want the guy as their manager.

Someone at work said this and it was then picked up why is that a good thing? What will RVN bring that others couldn't? Why as football fans do we instantly think a club legend will do a good job?

Doesn't always work out, more often than not doesn't

I dread the day noble becomes the manager of west ham.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Agreed.
Agreed.
And yet folk wonder why I don’t like Southgate or his lack of tactics. I could understand if you are a goal behind in the 98th minute, but after 8 years we revert to that. Rammel.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pep's salary, approx £20m. GS salary, £5m.

Why would Pep take such a drop? I also see his coaching style as quite intense, in order to get the players playing how he wants. Would he get enough time with the players at international level to impose his style? Not sure international football is for him.

PaulMdj

Visit site

Why would Pep take such a drop? I also see his coaching style as quite intense, in order to get the players playing how he wants. Would he get enough time with the players at international level to impose his style? Not sure international football is for him.
Plus he gets to spend £0

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Someone at work said this and it was then picked up why is that a good thing? What will RVN bring that others couldn't? Why as football fans do we instantly think a club legend will do a good job?

Didn't pan out for Ole. I think Southgate will end up at Old Trafford as I think INEOS will see him as a safe pair of hands

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

He is apparently staying at City another year ( 2 in total). Because he has the support of his family. What is not said a lot is that he has a Couple of good friends that work in the board room in Tixi Bernstein ( he played football with him at Barcelona) and Feran Soriano. They arrived at City just before Pep and sowed the seeds for how City was run and were instrumental in bringing Pep to City. By all accounts they are getting close to the end of there days at City. Again the belief is although there happy it’s probably time for them to finish.
I Have a feeling those three could finish around the same time.
Re wages, there are strong rumours that the FA are prepared to wait for him. If Southgate is worth £5 million, I have a feeling that price would creep up a couple of million to secure his services for a part time job. If they do get Pep, my hope is that he would bring in English assistants as well as his own and change the way England play. To set a style of play that is expected at the top Level down to under 16’s.

Swango1980

Visit site

I didn't day it was a good thing, especially as it would mean a manager getting the sack.

What I meant was, if ETH does get the sack early, you basically have a ready made experienced manager to hold the fort, while INEOS take time to sort out a replacement. Rather than rush out and employ Southgate, who has been unemployed for 3 to 4 months. Southgate, a manager who seems to.be criticised as having no attacking style of play with quality players available, a criticism often made against Ten Hag with a make shift team most weeks.

I've no idea what Ruud is like as a manager, so not saying I'd definitely like to see him be a long term replacement. Just that he would seem, at the least, a decent temporary back up plan in worst case scenario

PaulMdj

Visit site
He is apparently staying at City another year ( 2 in total). Because he has the support of his family. What is not said a lot is that he has a Couple of good friends that work in the board room in Tixi Bernstein ( he played football with him at Barcelona) and Feran Soriano. They arrived at City just before Pep and sowed the seeds for how City was run and were instrumental in bringing Pep to City. By all accounts they are getting close to the end of there days at City. Again the belief is although there happy it’s probably time for them to finish.
I Have a feeling those three could finish around the same time.
Re wages, there are strong rumours that the FA are prepared to wait for him. If Southgate is worth £5 million, I have a feeling that price would creep up a couple of million to secure his services for a part time job. If they do get Pep, my hope is that he would bring in English assistants as well as his own and change the way England play. To set a style of play that is expected at the top Level down to under 16’s.
So the Country should stand still with temporary managers until Pep’s available and to let him set a style of play at all levels that could take years before we see it working?

No thanks, Pep is probably the best Club manager ever, but he’s not the be all and end all to the England National team problems.

Other Countries manage to win things without Pep, I really don’t think we need to wait for him either.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think we need to start following the models of Spain for example, if you want to be England manager you start at the under 21s get your style into the system there then transfer it to the full team

Carsley might not be a bad choice

PaulMdj

Visit site
I think we need to start following the models of Spain for example, if you want to be England manager you start at the under 21s get your style into the system there then transfer it to the full team

Carsley might not be a bad choice
Isn’t that what we did with Southgate?