The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Hmmm. Yorke and Cole? Scored a sack full of goals and won multiple titles.

More talking about a front three as opposed to the old traditional pair of strikers - basically because we all know Kenny and Rush are the best seen in English top flight football 😁😉

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
How about Thierry Henry & Dennis Bergkamp?
Pretty sure their scoring peaks didn't overlap.

Not sure bergkamp reached double figures whilst Henry was there.

I'd take him over Firminho, Zola etc as the perfect link but as a front three Rooney, Tevez and Rooney are the best three imo

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
How about Thierry Henry & Dennis Bergkamp?

I think the point is there are any number of combinations which perhaps trumps Salah, Mane and Firmino as the “best the Prem has seen”. Henry and Bergkamp were class. Shearer and Sutton no slouches. Shearer and Ferdinand. The list is practically endless.

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Personally I’d put them top.
Henry best player in Prem for me.
Bergkamp was class.
Shearer, Sutton.
Yorke n Cole
Tevez, Rooney.
Imo there are many I'd date over them in a traditional 442. Bergkamp certain not got the most out of Henry as was class, but I think nostalgia is in work here.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think the point is there are any number of combinations which perhaps trumps Salah, Mane and Firmino as the “best the Prem has seen”. Henry and Bergkamp were class. Shearer and Sutton no slouches. Shearer and Ferdinand. The list is practically endless.

The list is endless in term of class pairings, and does go back into the mists of time. Alan Clarke and Mick Jones of Leeds… John Toshack and Kevin Keegan. Almost a pointless exercise apart from enjoying the nostalgia.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I'd take him over Firminho, Zola etc as the perfect link but as a front three Rooney, Tevez and Rooney are the best three imo

Better that Henry,Bergkamp & Henry? 😂

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Just don’t think we will see a better combination at the club and maybe the best the Prem have seen

That's a big call but possibly correct as many clubs have only recently gone from a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation to a 4-3-3. And to be honest there isn't another front three that immediately comes to mind when trying to think of who would be better than those three <---- and that's coming from someone who wasn't a fan of Firminio and was critical of what he actually offered. Looking at the possible contenders I think you can dismiss Man Utd as I don't think they've ever had a great front three. That's not a slight on Man Utd as they had some great teams with very good attacking players but normally in a 4-4-2 rather than a front three. Man City could possibly come close over the next couple of years with Haaland, De Bruyne and AN Other. The only possible counter argument I can think of at the minute would be Bergkamp, Henry and Pires but I'm not sure that you would class them as a front three.

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That's a big call but possibly correct as many clubs have only recently gone from a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation to a 4-3-3. And to be honest there isn't another front three that immediately comes to mind when trying to think of who would be better than those three <---- and that's coming from someone who wasn't a fan of Firminio and was critical of what he actually offered. Looking at the possible contenders I think you can dismiss Man Utd as I don't think they've ever had a great front three. That's not a slight on Man Utd as they had some great teams with very good attacking players but normally in a 4-4-2 rather than a front three. Man City could possibly come close over the next couple of years with Haaland, De Bruyne and AN Other. The only possible counter argument I can think of at the minute would be Bergkamp, Henry and Pires but I'm not sure that you would class them as a front three.
Imo KDB doesn't play in a position that puts him in a front three. If you are just selecting a teams most potent three it brings a few options.

I'd actually take Henry, pires, and ljeunberg for arsenal. It's is Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo.
Matbe Aguero, Sane and Sterling?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Imo KDB doesn't play in a position that puts him in a front three. If you are just selecting a teams most potent three it brings a few options.

I'd actually take Henry, pires, and ljeunberg for arsenal. It's is Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo.
Matbe Aguero, Sane and Sterling?

Fair point on KDB. Would Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo be considered a front three or Rooney and Tevez as a two with Ronaldo on the wing (and Giggs on the other side)? In his first spell at Utd I always thought of Ronaldo as a wide player in a 4-4-2 .

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes, United never had a great front 3. Ronaldo, possibly the only player so far in PL who would even be in conversations about best player of all time. Rooney, Utds all time top goal scorer. And Tevez, an absolute beast.

They didn't have many seasons together. But, while they were in that side, they were class. In 07/08, they scored 79 and assisted 29. So, whether you agree they are the best is one thing. But, to simply dismiss them is kind of baffling :unsure:

Another attacking 3, sort of, is Drogba, Anelka and Lampard. They were decent.

Swango1980

Visit site
Noticed ref has stopped play twice now, when a player has gone down wanting treatment. What is all that about? I thought they only stopped for head injuries, otherwise I'd only expect them to stop play for a very serious injury.