The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently Mo Salah would be willing to leave L'pool if they fail to qualify for the Champions' League.
Hasn't he just signed a new, big money contract?
Would he be able to command that salary somewhere else?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently Mo Salah would be willing to leave L'pool if they fail to qualify for the Champions' League.
PSG, Real, Chelsea?

Surely he wouldn't leave though. No player chooses to leave the sacred place, do they? :LOL:

D

Deleted member 15344

I have learned over the years to ignore most of the stuff that is “apparently” going to happen - but if we do miss out on CL then I don’t expect Salah to leave

But if he does leave then there is no doubt that yes he would be able to command that salary elsewhere - when you are one of tbe best in the World and provide that level of goals then no doubt clubs would pay it

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would say you can’t believe anything that is only in the Spanish press when it comes to footy, they are last masters at trying to get in players heads.
However, if Salah were to go, it would be the clubs choice not his, and I know plenty that take the view that Salah isn’t the same since his new contract and it’s time to offload and get a decent amount for him

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I couldn’t believe how toothless Leicester were against Arsenal on Saturday, it was depressing to watch with just one speculative shot from Kiernan Dewsbuty-Hall. Just seen that we’ve set a new record low XG figure in the Premier League of 0.01.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would be willing to because he’s worried Liverpool can’t afford his wages 😇

Swango1980

Visit site
Since signing that contract, he has pretty much been robbing Liverpool blind. If his salary was based on his performances since then, he'd probably struggle to get £50,000 a week (smiling, as I am using that figure as a "low" salary). I guess the least he can do for Liverpool is to leave the club, if they can get a big transfer fee for him. Although I'd be surprised that any club would be prepared to pay mega bucks to sign a 30 year old who has been playing poorly, let alone be willing to give him at least £350,000 a week. Unless some club in Saudi Arabia fancy it.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Since signing that contract, he has pretty much been robbing Liverpool blind. If his salary was based on his performances since then, he'd probably struggle to get £50,000 a week (smiling, as I am using that figure as a "low" salary). I guess the least he can do for Liverpool is to leave the club, if they can get a big transfer fee for him. Although I'd be surprised that any club would be prepared to pay mega bucks to sign a 30 year old who has been playing poorly, let alone be willing to give him at least £350,000 a week. Unless some club in Saudi Arabia fancy it.

Its becoming pretty common occurrence in the prem to be honest - Certainly an issue Arsenal seemed to have - Ozil and Aubameyang spring to mind!

Big contracts signed - then they stop playing!

Alexis Sanchez to United another...
Pogba

We could make a good list here!

D

Deleted member 15344

Ah - is that the same Salah who had 20 goals in 35 games plus 9 assists I think it is and so far is our leading goalscorer and also assists

Salah may not be reaching the heights he has previously but that’s down to the team as a whole not playing well as opposed to Mo “stopping playing”

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah - is that the same Salah who had 20 goals in 35 games plus 9 assists I think it is and so far is our leading goalscorer and also assists

Salah may not be reaching the heights he has previously but that’s down to the team as a whole not playing well as opposed to Mo “stopping playing”
Salah isn't getting back to help Trent either, which is what he did before when Mane was there and as Mane did with Robertson.
The whole team is on the back foot, but Salah should be pushing on and driving them forward but he isn't.

Swango1980

Visit site

Yeah, that is the one. Maybe he has elevated himself in the Champions League a little, maybe he likes to be in the shop window. Although playing against Rangers really helped his stats as well.

But, apart from 1 or 2 games I've seen (and I've seen quite a few), he has been pretty rubbish (Ironically, his goal stats have really been boosted by playing against Man Utd :( ) . And, as mentioned, he really helps expose how awful a defender TAA is by not helping him out. Maybe this is Salah's fault, or maybe the manager is making big mistakes in how he is asking them to play. But, I'm sure if the owners at Liverpool could have predicted how he would play after he signed that contract, they wouldn't have offered him anywhere near £350,000 a week. They'd just cash in and get rid of him. Who knows, he has shown he can be capable and so maybe he will start to become consistently good again. If not, he is either robbing Liverpool, or the manager is robbing Liverpool by not getting the most out of him, or the other players are failing Salah by not allowing him to play his best. Something is going on though, as he has fallen off a cliff. Maybe he just misses Mane?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, that is the one. Maybe he has elevated himself in the Champions League a little, maybe he likes to be in the shop window. Although playing against Rangers really helped his stats as well.

But, apart from 1 or 2 games I've seen (and I've seen quite a few), he has been pretty rubbish (Ironically, his goal stats have really been boosted by playing against Man Utd :( ) . And, as mentioned, he really helps expose how awful a defender TAA is by not helping him out. Maybe this is Salah's fault, or maybe the manager is making big mistakes in how he is asking them to play. But, I'm sure if the owners at Liverpool could have predicted how he would play after he signed that contract, they wouldn't have offered him anywhere near £350,000 a week. They'd just cash in and get rid of him. Who knows, he has shown he can be capable and so maybe he will start to become consistently good again. If not, he is either robbing Liverpool, or the manager is robbing Liverpool by not getting the most out of him, or the other players are failing Salah by not allowing him to play his best. Something is going on though, as he has fallen off a cliff. Maybe he just misses Mane?
Rashford fell off the same cliff.
Hes managed to come back.

Mo is having a bit of a slump but still scoring .( not his biggest fan by the way) but his record speaks for itself.
The team are struggling atm but will sort it soon I hope.
Half a season to go ,so top four is not impossible given a nice run.:p

D

Deleted member 15344

Many players have a drop in form but even with his he is still scoring goals and contributing, he isn’t reaching his own high standards of the previous 5 season but he will get it back just like your own Rashford did when he was written off by many

That’s the way the sport is nowadays you have some people who analyse to death and write players off at the drop of a hat

Salah even when we aren’t playing well is still there involved but he put himself up on a pedestal when he became one of the best in World and people will look at every opportunity to knock him down

We are having a poor season for a number of reasons and there is no doubt Imo that the manager and the players will turn it around and go again and that includes Salah topping the scoring charts again

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rashford fell off the same cliff.
Hes managed to come back.

Mo is having a bit of a slump but still scoring .( not his biggest fan by the way) but his record speaks for itself.
The team are struggling atm but will sort it soon I hope.
Half a season to go ,so top four is not impossible given a nice run.:p

That's a bit optimistic. 15 games left for Liverpool who need to make up 9 points on Spurs or 13 points on Man Utd to make top 4. Spurs' next three games are Wolves (a), Forest (h) and Southampton (a). Liverpool's next three are Wolves (h), Man Utd (h), Bournemouth (a). Hard to see them making up to much ground in those three. Liverpool's next four are Fulham (h), Man City (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h) while Spurs have Everton (a), Brighton (h), Bournemouth (h) and Newcastle (a). I just can't see where Liverpool are going to make up the points to overhaul Spurs.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's a bit optimistic. 15 games left for Liverpool who need to make up 9 points on Spurs or 13 points on Man Utd to make top 4. Spurs' next three games are Wolves (a), Forest (h) and Southampton (a). Liverpool's next three are Wolves (h), Man Utd (h), Bournemouth (a). Hard to see them making up to much ground in those three. Liverpool's next four are Fulham (h), Man City (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h) while Spurs have Everton (a), Brighton (h), Bournemouth (h) and Newcastle (a). I just can't see where Liverpool are going to make up the points to overhaul Spurs.
Yes but its not impossible.

D

Deleted member 15344

Dropping two points at Palace was a blow -to have a chance we need to be near perfect now and prob can only afford to drop a couple of points. Konate is back and Diaz a week away will give us a full squad but it’s a heck of an uphill task. We did it before but this maybe just out of reach